If you met their ex significant others...

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I am not exactly a spirit keeper, as I don't collect spirits. I was only looking for my soulmate, and, apparently, a spirit heard my call. This is the reason why I'm here. He brought me here. He shows me things that he wants me to know.

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

PrincessKnight wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:00 pm
Angelik wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:24 am It depends on the person, how open they are. Personally, I would avoid...if the person is somehow skeptical about the metaphysical and does not know me very well.
I am very cautious even when I receive visits from relatives, in telling my living relatives about it.
Problem is, this woman I met is a fellow wiccan. She was an ex girlfriend of my spirit companion when he was alive. We talked together, she asked me if I also was a witch. I think she still is rather jealous of him, although she left him to marry another man. She is not a bad person, but I think she wouldn't understand the relationship between me and her ex, so I didn't tell her, even though I was really tempted to do it at one point.
I undestand, sometimes one is tempted to share details of this kind...
To avoid unnecessary drama I think that it is always better to think twice before sharing, not only with metaphysical topics but in general, at least that what I learnt. With some people it is better to avoid certain topics, unless you like drama, my life experience taught me that..for others it may be different, idk

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Angelik wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:23 am
PrincessKnight wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:00 pm
Angelik wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:24 am It depends on the person, how open they are. Personally, I would avoid...if the person is somehow skeptical about the metaphysical and does not know me very well.
I am very cautious even when I receive visits from relatives, in telling my living relatives about it.
Problem is, this woman I met is a fellow wiccan. She was an ex girlfriend of my spirit companion when he was alive. We talked together, she asked me if I also was a witch. I think she still is rather jealous of him, although she left him to marry another man. She is not a bad person, but I think she wouldn't understand the relationship between me and her ex, so I didn't tell her, even though I was really tempted to do it at one point.
I undestand, sometimes one is tempted to share details of this kind...
To avoid unnecessary drama I think that it is always better to think twice before sharing, not only with metaphysical topics but in general, at least that what I learnt. With some people it is better to avoid certain topics, unless you like drama, my life experience taught me that..for others it may be different, idk
You are right, in fact I didn't tell her anything, yet. But probably she has sensed my presence when she tried to contact him, maybe in a seance. Because I think that she still talks to him, sometimes.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

In cases like that, it's best to let sleeping lions lay.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Muse wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:01 am I don't see any situation where the knowledge would be positive...so, no. I wouldn't.
Yes - or their relatives.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I tried to edit that but took too long.
Muse wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:01 am I don't see any situation where the knowledge would be positive...so, no. I wouldn't.
If we took this situation out of modern spirit keeping issues, basically humans have had visits from their dearly departed (and others) forever. Before things like the rise of Christianity and later the rise of atheist materialism, these visitations would have been seen as portentous or blessings. Many people today might think that too.

But of course, there are the other type of visitation: sexual spirits. They definitely got a bad press from Christianity.

And the modern occult/pagan/witchcraft revival has added something else to the mix. Many in that field are hostile to spirit keeping - and are incorrect on all grounds. (Personal choice is one thing but at least get your facts right.) Spirit keepers seem to have learned to keep their practice to themselves, or risk hostility from all quarters.

So: having a spirit companion - even an unbound - who is a living witch's ex. Absolute no-no on revealing that, imo.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:51 pm I tried to edit that but took too long.
If we took this situation out of modern spirit keeping issues, basically humans have had visits from their dearly departed (and others) forever. Before things like the rise of Christianity and later the rise of atheist materialism, these visitations would have been seen as portentous or blessings. Many people today might think that too.

But of course, there are the other type of visitation: sexual spirits. They definitely got a bad press from Christianity.

And the modern occult/pagan/witchcraft revival has added something else to the mix. Many in that field are hostile to spirit keeping - and are incorrect on all grounds. (Personal choice is one thing but at least get your facts right.) Spirit keepers seem to have learned to keep their practice to themselves, or risk hostility from all quarters.

So: having a spirit companion - even an unbound - who is a living witch's ex. Absolute no-no on revealing that, imo.
Not to mention on a base human psychological level - excluding the mumbo jumbo - it can be seen as a negative power play or a psychological manipulation tactic. It's just not good no matter how you slice it, whether the witch believes you or not. Accepts it or not. It's just. Not a good plan. -_-

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Muse wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:47 am
Lewk wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:51 pm I tried to edit that but took too long.

Not to mention on a base human psychological level - excluding the mumbo jumbo - it can be seen as a negative power play or a psychological manipulation tactic. It's just not good no matter how you slice it, whether the witch believes you or not. Accepts it or not. It's just. Not a good plan. -_-
Yeah, I agree. But it was that woman that started talking with me about one of the boyfriends she had when she was young, the guy who is now my spirit companion. She was rather inquisitive and asked me a lot of weird questions. This is why I was about to tell her everything. After all, she left him to marry another man many years ago, so now he is free to be with whoever he wants, I think. She shouldn't be jealous of him, moreover, I told him he can keep all of his old girlfriends, if he likes.

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:51 pm Spirit keepers seem to have learned to keep their practice to themselves, or risk hostility from all quarters.

You are right. In fact, I wasn't going to tell her anything, it was that woman who suddenly asked me several very strange questions a few days ago. You see, that woman and I are in another forum together. We only replied to each other's posts a couple of times nearly a year ago, sometime before the spirit who is now my companion started communicating with me.
I knew they had been in a short relationship many years ago, when they were very young. Then she left him and married another man.
Therefore, I think her ex boyfriend is now free to be with whoever he wants and, at the same time, to continue visiting his old exes, if he likes. I try my best not to be too jealous, LOL, even though it's very difficult for me. BTW, he chose to be bound to me by his own free will. He told me he loved me and wanted to be with me forever.

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

By the way, I had fallen in love with him long BEFORE I knew that woman existed. And he chose to be with me of his own free will. I explain this because I don't want anyone to think I stole someone's ex. (As if stealing an ex was possible: how can you steal something that no longer belongs to anyone?)

Return to “Human”