Spirits seemingly always looking different?

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7

Hi!

I had quite the night. I had a lucid dream first. The moment I noticed, I called out to my companions but they didn't come. I ran through rooms and halls to look for them, but couldn't find them, no matter how much I intended to and tried to reach out. My sight started to falter even when I attempted to stabilize the dream. I grabbed one of the dream characters and asked them where my spirit friends were, but before they could answer, I saw how their head started to disappear and my alarm rang.

I woke up. I asked my friends in the physical why they didn't come and they answered, "Something blocked us, presumably your conscious mind as you drifted off to waking up."

Instead of standing up, I set the intention to LD again and project astrally. I drifted off into sleep again and woke up in another lucid dream. A dream character (I assume?) rescued me from a shoot-out and drove me in her rover to a barn. I stood in front of my companions, but they didn't look quite like I know them, especially the gregori watcher. Unlike his beautiful, androgynous-self, he looked like a short, widely-set, middle-aged man. The incubus appeared more like I know him, but thinner and with a beard.

I embraced them and decided to astrally project.

I woke up in an unknown bed between the incubus and the watcher. The former stood up and went to the kitchen, but I can't at all recall how he looked like. He basically left me alone with the GW.
Reaching out to touch the other spirit, I noticed his body seemed to be the way I first perceived him. I sat up and looked over to see that this was indeed the face I knew, but he was younger, perhaps around 18, and had blue eyes which I haven't seen before. He seemed surprised to see me and said my name.
We talked a bit. I can't remember what it was about as I'm not skilled at astral walking. Then my alarm rang again.

I'm just wondering if it is normal that spirits seem to change their appearances more often than not? At least in the lucid dream their looks seem totally different, but astrally they appear to be more stable?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I think this may seem to happen more in a dreaming state than fully conscious astral travel. In theory, spirits are capable of manifesting in different forms.

Incubus - "Can manifest as orbs, touch, Shades, dreams, day and/or night visions"

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ht=incubus

I guess where a spirit has specific dream manifestation ability, they're going to be able to manifest as different dreams, ie not always in the same guise. Plus - a different thing - I think our spirits can engage with what is going on in our mind. So they can 'work with', for want of a better word, thought forms we have of them or fantasies / dreams we have - I think. That's subtly different from shape shifting.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Since I got to know my now spirit companion and some of his friends, about a year ago, I happen to have dreams connected with them very frequently.
One of those spirits is very connected with me because we are very similar in character (he is the spirit that always communicates with me telepathically), and every time I have dreamt about him, he has always appeared to me with his true appearance and personality.
Instead, my spirit companion and I mostly relate because we are complementary.
The first time I dreamed of him, he appeared to me as a teenager disguised as a halloween ghost: the typical ghost look with the sheet on his head.
Despite this, I immediately felt it was him. I don't remember if we talked, maybe a little or not at all, but before leaving he greeted me with a very sweet kiss, barely touching my lips through the sheet that covered his head and body.
The second time I dreamed of him, he appeared to me in his 40s, with the melancholic beauty he had at that time.
Despite the shy gentleness of a few days before, he was very hard on me on that second occasion. He addressed very sharp words to me, asking me why I always called him with affectionate endearments, when I had no reason or permission to do so. I felt very hurt, but I thought he wanted to test me, to understand if I was serious about wanting him as a companion spirit and if I were the right person for him.
In another dream I had several months after the previous ones, he used the appearance he had not long before he died. In that occasion we talked about health and the importance to go see a doctor as soon as a health issue arises.
Other times I dreamed of him as a voiceover, giving me advice on how to meditate and how to reach him in the astral, whereas in other dreams he made me have messages through symbolic images that represented him (for example crystals, flowers, trees and animals). As you can see, he can manifest in many different ways even if he is a human spirit, so perhaps this is a trait that probably all spirits have in common.

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte

Hey guys!

As far as I understood now - and Lewk does point at it too - is that the spirits have less control over their appearance in dream states as they have to rely on the subconscious to interpret them somehow.

Perhaps in your case, PK, the human companion spirit draws on the images you have of him, but I'm not sure. I certainly never imagined the watcher as an elderly man, but he does have qualities that I would relate to with wise teachers.
Last edited by chiasmox on Thu May 06, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

chiasmox wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:43 pm Hey guys!

As far as I understood now - and Lewk does point at it too - is that the spirits have less control over their appearance in dream states as they have to rely on the subconscious to interpret them somehow.

Perhaps in your case, PK, the human companion spirit draws on the images you have of him, but I'm not sure. I certainly never imagined the watcher as an elderly man, but he does have qualities that I would relate to with wise teachers.
Very interesting, indeed!

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 59
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Heinrich
Zodiac:

I felt immediately drawn to this post and lately I've been talking to my own companions through the day until it made me realize that I'm looking for debate pals, you know... people with whom I can bring up topics and just enjoy a great discussion.

So I was talking to them when I found the post and as I was reading I could still feel the link open. Like when you're doing something while talking over the phone and it takes you a bit to reply back? That feeling. And I have personally experienced it too, that I would perceive my companions as different but it's more based on the fact that I tend to notice things from them first that would make them look different when compared to other times that I've seen them before.

They said to me that it is me who perceives them as different but they don't change. They are still the same. So I was thinking like it can be an astral sense of aesthetics. Pretty much like makeup.

Like cutting your hair, changing your clothes, wearing makeup are small things that sometimes would make you look VERY different than how you normally do, you're still you and that's what matters and you can try different things too.

Just my thoughts but hope they help a little.

That which don't kill me shall run. 2cl
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner

I came to a conclusion recently after talking with one of my companions regarding this topic. It seems that in the astral it is easier to perceive them as they are but in dream it gets mixed with our perception, subconscious mind and memories from this life so the appearance may vary. Another thing I have noticed. When they give me vision of themselves and I am in trance, not sleeping, those visions are crystal clear like portraits or photos and tend to show what they are. The same thing applies when some of them have visited me in OBE or I have seen them briefly while waking up, they looked as they are. So every time they shift is because either they are shifters or because the mind of the dreamer gets in the middle, the shifting tends to happen mostly in regular dreams. Another thing to point out, if you are in OBE and call a spirit and you feel the presence but do not see him, it can be he is hiding, when in OBE I have seen one spirit from nothing materializing in front of me and becoming solid. Depending on the being they can do many weird things.

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte

Totally did not notice that you two answered to this topic as well. Thanks! And yes, I basically agree with what you said. As I mentioned above too, I realized that their appearances are much more tied to my perceptions in dream states. They have a more "stable" form in the astral.

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 59
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Heinrich
Zodiac:

Oh, no problem. You're welcome.

How is it going by the way? Have you noticed any changes or improvements?

That which don't kill me shall run. 2cl
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte

2Heinrich wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:43 am How is it going by the way? Have you noticed any changes or improvements?
Well, I've only had one more OBE since then and I haven't met my spirits in that one. My companions usually don't hang out in my dreams anymore as I just don't really remember them, so they choose to do other things instead. So, sadly, not much of a change or improvement.

Willfully leaving my body is still very very hard for me, sadly.

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”