Champorado (Sweet Chocolate Rice Porridge)

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

Champorado is a sweet chocolate rice porridge from the Philippines. Champorado was said to be invented by Dr. Jose Rizal, a national hero of this country. It's usually eaten as breakfast with dried sardines (tuyo). My Brownie, Leprechaun, elves, faeries, my past life hubby and my grandpa love it so much.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup glutinous rice (malagkit variety if available) or short-grained rice such as arborio (any short-grained rice will do for as long as it's starchy when cooked)
2-3 cups water (you can customize depending on how thick or thin you want your champorado to be)
10 pieces chocolate tablea or 5-15 tbsps cocoa powder (you can customize depending on how chocolatey you want it to be)
5 tbsps to 1 cup sugar (optional, white or brown sugar will do)
vanilla (optional)
150-200 ml cream or milk (optional)
salt to taste (optional)

Boil your water. Add in the rice. Keep on stirring it until it puffs up so that the rice won't settle at the bottom of the pot and so that the porridge will have its creamy consistency (cooking time for the rice will vary depending on what type of rice you use.) Add more water if needed. Then you may now add the chocolate/cocoa powder, then add the sugar, vanilla and cream if desired. Serve hot, preferably with dried sardines. You can drizzle milk or cream on top of it if you wish. :P :] <3

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

I forgot to take note that this is the Filipino variety or version of Champorado because as far as I know the Champorado or Champurrado from Latin America is different.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals

Return to “Dinner to Die For”