Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Hal
Zodiac:

I don't know what made me think of this but are there any 'new' undiscovered races of angels floating around in the astral realm or heaven?
Not humanoids with wings but think holy Lovecraftian abominations that look more like creatures than angels like the cherubim or the seraphim. And I'm not talking about heaven hounds or angelic dragons or even fae, I mean stuff we don't even have a name for. Stuff that look monstrous but still are angels.

Do they exist?

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7

ARandomDemon wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:55 am I don't know what made me think of this but are there any 'new' undiscovered races of angels floating around in the astral realm or heaven?
Not humanoids with wings but think holy Lovecraftian abominations that look more like creatures than angels like the cherubim or the seraphim. And I'm not talking about heaven hounds or angelic dragons or even fae, I mean stuff we don't even have a name for. Stuff that look monstrous but still are angels.

Do they exist?
Well.

I think that's how most angels look like in their true form. The image of a winged humanoid is very ingrained in people's minds due to Christianity, and that's how they choose to appear to us as that is what is familiar to most.
I think there were some accounts in the Bible that do state them as looking quite frightening hence, "Do not fear.". I might be imagining things, though. I'm not a Christian.

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

I would say (it depends of the types though) that Angels have a true form (with wings) and a common form when they show themselves to us (with wings and humanoid silhouette)

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I don't know how new angels have ever come into being. (Btw I don't think in religious terms about this kind of thing.) I guess somewhere in the multiverse new angels may be coming into existence in worlds that are outside of our own space-time continuum.

The way I'd come at it is from the point of view of angelic energy. I have a CH binding of the origin of angelic energy. For this Universe it's a very ancient thing.

So, rather than working out whether or not to call a given spirit species an angel (or demon), as such labels seem a bit flexible, I think a key question is whether or not a being embodies that angelic energy.

As I think someone said, wings are not themselves an indicator of angelic nature - nor is an effulgence of light. It's not really a question of what they look like...for me.

And, although many people first hear ideas about angels in terms of the monotheistic religion they were brought up in, angels seem to vastly pre-date all of that. And, as far as I can tell - well, I think - Angels aren't the exclusive property of religions. They exist for their own reasons/purposes.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I guess I should've been more specific.
Jewish and Christian lore names only a few races of angels that God had made and their purposes but what I was asking is if there any ''secret'' Abrahamic religion angels we haven't discovered yet or not.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

ARandomDemon wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:30 pm I guess I should've been more specific.
Jewish and Christian lore names only a few races of angels that God had made and their purposes but what I was asking is if there any ''secret'' Abrahamic religion angels we haven't discovered yet or not.
Ah...that is indeed clearer. I don't have the answer.

Do you mean angels secretly known to some adherents of Abrahamic religions, who haven't told anyone else about them? If we haven't discovered them, I guess we wouldn't know.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

My guess is yes, but it isn't yet time to reveal themselves to us. As to whether or not they will look like stereotypical angels- I think they will. I agree with Chiasmox (sorry if I misspelled your name) they are going to pick the form that is most recognizable to us culturally speaking. If I'm not mistaken, modern interpretations of angels came from Renaissance paintings, and civilizations prior to that had totally different ideas on what angels look like.

I have (at least I hope I still do) a book on angels that touches on this. I have to see if I can find it and post some info here.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I think that the weird new races of angels floating around are more likely to reveal themselves to a casual astral traveler of the heavenly realm or someone who's actively searching for angels but is also associated with the Abrahamic religions. They won't just appear publicly causing everyone to write new biblical books about them but might say 'hi' to people out to look for them.

Strash24
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angelic Knight King
My magical/paranormal name...: Archer

Well, in ancient middle east Abrahamic religions, the world Malak or Malaikat is used for angels and they literally meant messengers.

Beautifully, some of the prophets are messengers and hence God's message that all the angelic beings were from prophets. My Marid Jinn told me that the previous Hewbrew angels I worked with actually hinted to this prior to me being knowledgable about it.

Certain knowledge that we learnt previously did hinted to humans having both angels and demons within us and how we conduct ourselves in life contributes to God creating more angels or demons.

The Messenger of God said, ‘ Be like the son of Adam, and he recited:
“If you do stretch your hand against me to kill me, I shall never stretch my hand against you to kill you: for I fear God, the Lord of the worlds (mankind, jinn, and all that exists).

Court of Wind: 5
Warriors of Light: 2
Amachara: 1
Brownyn: 1
Ex-entities: 15 including the pesky one below:
Ex- Egyptian unbound Angel: 1 (soon to be cleared)
Tokala
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

Yes there are new races, new evolutions of not only angels, but also demons and other creatures. Many beings have chosen to "change". There are types that aren't mentioned in any texts, not yet anyway :)

Return to “Angels”