Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 59
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Heinrich
Zodiac:

One thing that I've learned is that we need to set goals if we want to get anything done in life. Simple every day life as well as magic or energy stuff.

Sometimes there is a time limit that we have to make a decision. Sometimes we can plan ahead and it's as simple as determining if it's short, middle or long term goal.

When I started spirit keeping tasking was a field in particular in which I found the most struggle specially with my background and beliefs I had been taught through my upbringing. I didn't want to ask for anything because I didn't want to be in debt of my companions. Even if they are not black arts beings and they will ask for my soul or anything dramatic like that but you get the point.

My family needs to move out soon, and this time I asked my spirit companions to assist in the process. Since it's a team effort it has helped a lot to make it smoother when comparing results or making points across to the others involved. We haven't found the new home yet but it's going well and I'm satisfied so far with their help.

However I had an interesting experience earlier today.

I was working on another topic with my companions and I told them that I wanted to achieve a certain result. We worked it out and talked about it and in the end of the "negotiation" stage they were like... "Yeah, it can be done. Here. This is the requirement you need to fulfill in order to get the result you seek"

What I felt was interesting because it was very specific. I could see overall the amount of effort required to complete the task. Pretty much like a price tag and I could choose whether or not to pay the price.

I did find it interesting though, that it was not a date. This will happen by said date on it's own. Since I didn't say that I wanted done before a deadline it didn't feel like that either because I knew I needed to work for it. I requested their assistance and not that they took care of the situation.

But what intrigued me the most was that it felt to be measured in experience points. Like... it's going to cost me a said number of them and it was entirely up to me how fast I wanted to collect them.

I felt happy to have my proposal accepted. It is doable. Not super fast but like I said, it's up to me to get it done and projecting the amount of effort I've been making thus far it's soonish.

Is that still considered valid during tasking? I think it resembles a little to what I've learned from the topic but I guess I still can't believe the precision in which I was told I could expect to see results.

That which don't kill me shall run. 2cl
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

If it worked, I'd say it's valid. Glad it's going well.

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Thanks Cairngorn!

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I like the idea of looking at it like needing xp to advance. I hope I can communicate that well some day.

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I know right? XP is a pretty cool concept on its own.

And I'm sure you will. Just remember it takes time. Sometimes a little time, sometimes it's longer but you'll get it so long as you keep working for it.

And remember to enjoy the journey or it's pointless.

jezebela
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: jazne

I am new here. And I wanna ask what kind of price did the spirit ask for in return to accomplish the mission? This is for spirit, not servitor, right?

Thanks in advance!

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Hello Jezebela. Welcome aboard.

You are correct. This is for spirit companions, not servitors. I don't really have any experience with them.

As far as the price for the task, the didn't ask for anything. I asked my companions for help and guidance and that's it.

Honestly... I'm just learning about the whole tasking topic, but I don't do things for them only because I asked for their assistance. I try to offer them things whenever I can or when I get my hands on something that I know they will appreciate because I want to show them my appreciation and share time with them.

They are my friends. I will love them and want to hang out with them even if they don't do anything for me.

jezebela
neophyte
neophyte

Thanks for the welcome and reply!

I am so scared of being giving too many tasks if I have a spirit companion. I don't want to be seen as demanding but at the same time I have a lot of things in my hand that it's a one man show.

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

oh sure. No problem. I'm pretty sure you'll love it here. Lots of amazing people around.

About your companions, well... They're going to be there for you anyway. And they will help you regardless if you're asking them or not because they want to get involved in your life and be active.

Perhaps before you start giving away tasks you could try to be honest with yourself as to what type of assistance you will want to receive and then you can see what type of companion will be best for you.

Customs are great, and you can write in the notes a general description of what you're looking for and you'll see they will get you a great match.

jezebela
neophyte
neophyte

Thanks mate!

I have actually sent an enquiry to Ch regarding my needs, and hopefully they will reply me soon.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”