Moving from sensing to communication

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

Hey, I seem to be a little stuck or at least I think I may be.

It seems that I can feel bound spirits around and feel when their energy increases or decreases, but the mental aspect of communication is difficult. I have experimented with a pendulum and tarot cards. I've been having trouble, even with the cards.

Part of it may be that I wouldn't like it if someone put words in my mouth and thought I was saying things I wasn't. I know my own attitudes and ideas are going to color what I perceive and I'll make some mistakes at first. Maybe my own dislike of that is becoming a block.

I meditate with individuals often, focusing on the feeling from the vessels and I often get the feeling that, say, the angel is doing energy work or the elf is trying to connect on a mental level. I'm a pretty easily distracted meditator, but I still get that.

I've also been wondering about mediation. Sometimes when I do it to connect with a spirit, I get really vivid images that don't seem to have much or anything to do with anything. If this was normal mediation, I'd release them as unimportant, but I really don't know what to do with them. I usually banish before that kind of work, so they may not be from unbounds. More likely they're from me or the spirit, but I don't know.

I'd ask, but...communication.

Maybe my senses are better than I think, because I have one or two incidents that might really be telepathy and I've seen things in my mind's eye a few times. But I don't yet have a reliable way to hold a two sided conversation. I'm not expecting miracles in a few months but I'd like to continue moving in the right direction.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor

It's weird, I'm persistent and patient when it comes to mediation but the pendulum makes me want to yell and stamp my feet like a toddler.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Everyone seem to be different. Before I found CH last year and became a keeper just a bit over 6 months ago, I callected TAROT cards and crystals. I loved the look and feel of different decks. I loved collecting crystals and I learned so much about them down to the element and crystal structure.

On the other hand, when I wanted to TEACH myself read the cards, well I failed. I always end up doubting of the accuracy that I draw out from the few times I actually consulted it.
Pendulum never worked for me either. Lucid dreaming, forget it. I sleep like a baby, deep and sound. Only wake up when my spirits around and I sense them. Meditation, not my thing. I fall asleep within 2 minutes.

🤣 But I relax when I am out and about in the gardens or amongst the trees, having sunshine and birds chirping. That is heavenly to me and total rejuvenation.
Everyone is different. I write a lot and I have strong telepathic gift that I also write into my spirit journey book. I sense, and see through dimensions plus telepathic. That's all I need and we are very happy.
Maybe just try different things. Everyone is different.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

lmao I do not like pendulums either! I liked the Ouija board when I was younger but not so much anymore. I do like tarot... I prefer to only use tools if I am having doubts and looking for confirmation.
I also get random images during mediation that really don't make much sense but I try to take note of it because sometimes later on I look back and am like "Ohhh now I get it." Unfortunately I feel like some of my best meditations I usually don't remember from being in a trance state. I've always been good with dreams.. I dream every night and remember them and that is one of the best ways I think for spirits to give me a clear message.
As long as I am relaxed I can communicate pretty well with telepathy, but recently since I've taken on many new spirits at once I am finding I cant hold a connection as long as I use to. I also get visions and feelings.. So although I am no expert at any one form of communication, somehow when you bring them all together it just works..
Plus I've noticed some spirits prefer certain ways of communicating over others.
We just have to be patient with ourselves and keep practicing:)

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

:)|
cairngorn wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:26 pm Hey, I seem to be a little stuck or at least I think I may be.

It seems that I can feel bound spirits around and feel when their energy increases or decreases, but the mental aspect of communication is difficult. I have experimented with a pendulum and tarot cards. I've been having trouble, even with the cards.

Part of it may be that I wouldn't like it if someone put words in my mouth and thought I was saying things I wasn't. I know my own attitudes and ideas are going to color what I perceive and I'll make some mistakes at first. Maybe my own dislike of that is becoming a block.
[...]
Maybe my senses are better than I think, because I have one or two incidents that might really be telepathy and I've seen things in my mind's eye a few times. But I don't yet have a reliable way to hold a two sided conversation. I'm not expecting miracles in a few months but I'd like to continue moving in the right direction.
Yes, as Chavah says, we're all different.

One thing occurs to me: have you tried holding one-side conversations? Talking to our spirit companions as if they can hear us is something anyone can do. Maybe that could develop the conversation habit and give them something they can join in with.

Mental communication ('telepathy')

I've said here before that I think this is far easier than many of us realise.

Across the world there are probably hundreds of millions of people who carry out 2-way conversations with deceased relatives and have done since time immemorial. (Don't quote me on the stats.) The classic thing is with a deceased partner. And these are people who have not had a single moment's psychic development training, or read a single article on telepathy. It just happens.

The way in to this with our bound spirit companions is, I think, reminding ourselves of those key tips in the CH articles on communication.

Telepathic communication gets received and appears as worded thoughts in our mind. (Or maybe images and feelings are sent too, which really means it's a subset of psychic communication, one form of which results in words being 'heard', in my opinion.)

Just like in bonding meditation (quiet time), I think it helps to spot repetitive patterns in our thoughts when we're meditating with a specific spirit - whether that be images, feelings...or sentences / words. The key thing, as ever, is to look out for the subtle signs. Some keepers take notes of what they notice during a meditation session. Once you spot a recurring pattern with a spirit; once you get it, then you realise it's them and it can open up like a channel, which allows them to manifest /communicate more and more.

There is a tendency to be able to bond, connect or communicate more easily with one or more spirits in our keep. This can then lead on to communicating with our other spirit companions.

Not all of them will prefer worded communication. Some may find image communication works better for them and you. And non-social spirits may be non-verbal and not very forthcoming, a bit more basic in what they communicate. But some will produce very distinctive thought and speech patterns, which carry a strong sense of their personality. And others may be trying to nudge or guide you to see or understand things from a different perspective - so interaction with them may produce seemingly illogical or strange thought patterns, which can require some reflection on their meaning or the intent behind them.

Then there's the whole thing of whether they're speaking in their own language, or know yours, or it's that universal translator thing that seems to happen...that our mind/body system seems to be able to do.

So it possibly won't all be just as you expect. You start to get a hint, then become more familiar, then you can recognise the difference between the thoughts that come from each companion spirit, like you can distinguish between the feel of each one.

It's like developing another aspect of the bond really. Maybe best attempted gradually.

"#4 Subtle Signs

Do not overlook subtle signs; this is very important. Not every manifestation is going to be fireworks & full glory. Sometimes the signs are subtle, slight, and may be missed if you're distracted.

Look for the little things like orbs, brief feelings or sensations, random thoughts that interrupt your day, phantom scents, objects moved a little, vivid dreams, and other small signs your spirits are trying to call out & let you know they are there.

Many Keepers expect everything to be a Hollywood-level manifestation, when usually your spirits are coming to you through telepathic thoughts, little moments throughout the day, and little signs to show their support."

[my underlining]

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

"---How do I communicate with my spirit?

There are many ways to communicate with your spirit companion and throughout your journey as a Spirit Keeper you will find these methods will develop. [...]

Telepathy: This is the most common form of communication. This means you talk and communicate with your spirit companion through thought. You can send thoughts to each other. In the beginning you may think it's hard to distinguish your own thoughts from spirit communication but you will find that spirit messages are usually random, pop into your head without provocation, and carry a conversational tone rather than being part of your thought process."

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... nners.html

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor

Thanks for this. I'm glad being outside helps you, Chavah.

Telepathy would be a help. I suspect my mind is a little full for that but I do talk to spirits throughout the day. Clairaudiance would also be good to work on I think.

Better notes might be a good solution. I'm almost tempted to write about some especially weird stuff that came up while mediating but likely no one here could make sense out of it either.

jezebela
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: jazne

I become a new keeper for a week now.

I am also having challenges in communicating with mine. As I read many of you here communicate telepathically, I thought I'd be able to do the same. Boy, I was very wrong. Maybe because we're still in bonding stage, so telepathically is like out of the window now. I notice mine likes to communicate using feelings. Although I think my clairsentience is good, but mine makes me feel I really need to evaluate my skills again. When she sends me feelings, sometimes, I reply in words, and it makes me feel insecure as in I will be thinking whether she can hear me or not. I thought of sending back emotions, but it's not easy. Usually I decipher feelings, never sending out one. I need to relearn.... Sometimes, I think I can hear her communicate verbally with me, but very subtle. But I make the effort to greet her in the morning and night.

I can feel I'm getting anxious/frustrated for not able to 'hear' her. So I decided to just meditate with only my presence. Coz she's bound to a vessel, I can feel she's showing me images that she's with me during the meditation by being in the vessel.

Oh well, I hope the better bond I have with her would make our communication better.

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7

jezebela wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:58 am Maybe because we're still in bonding stage, so telepathically is like out of the window now.
In my understanding and based on my own experiences, this has nothing to do with that. If bonding played a definite role in how well one can telepathically communicate, then it would be unlikely to speak to unbounds or immortals.
jezebela wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:58 am I notice mine likes to communicate using feelings. Although I think my clairsentience is good, but mine makes me feel I really need to evaluate my skills again.
If this is your affinity, which it seems to be, then I'd build on that. The other clairs (and telepathy) will follow.
jezebela wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:58 am When she sends me feelings, sometimes, I reply in words, and it makes me feel insecure as in I will be thinking whether she can hear me or not. I thought of sending back emotions, but it's not easy. Usually I decipher feelings, never sending out one. I need to relearn.... Sometimes, I think I can hear her communicate verbally with me, but very subtle. But I make the effort to greet her in the morning and night.
She will hear you, even if you might not get a (for you) decipherable answer.
jezebela wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:58 am I can feel I'm getting anxious/frustrated for not able to 'hear' her. So I decided to just meditate with only my presence. Coz she's bound to a vessel, I can feel she's showing me images that she's with me during the meditation by being in the vessel.
You have to take a step back. You've only been doing this for a week. If you don't have a direct affinity to telepathic communication, it can take time until that channel opens. That can be a few weeks, months, or yes, even years. I don't want to scare you, but you need to approach spirit keeping with patience and not stress yourself out.
I read a lot of people are dominant in clairsentience, which isn't quite the case for me. My focus lies somewhere else, it seems.
jezebela wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:58 am Oh well, I hope the better bond I have with her would make our communication better.
Don't stress too much on bonding, but do try to "work" with her daily, if possible.

Strash24
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angelic Knight King
My magical/paranormal name...: Archer

I used my hands instead of a pendulum, sort of like palm up or palm down and they still responded. That was prior to my Djinn opening certain pathways of telepathy (which I hated, kept hearing them speak).

They were also able to speak by breathing through my ears. So experiment, they usually adapt to your habits and will communicate in different ways.

I personally prefer the brief whisper in the ear nowadays (they were too talkative and me being too easily influenced).

The Messenger of God said, ‘ Be like the son of Adam, and he recited:
“If you do stretch your hand against me to kill me, I shall never stretch my hand against you to kill you: for I fear God, the Lord of the worlds (mankind, jinn, and all that exists).

Court of Wind: 5
Warriors of Light: 2
Amachara: 1
Brownyn: 1
Ex-entities: 15 including the pesky one below:
Ex- Egyptian unbound Angel: 1 (soon to be cleared)
jezebela
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: jazne

chiasmox wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:01 pm
jezebela wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:58 am When she sends me feelings, sometimes, I reply in words, and it makes me feel insecure as in I will be thinking whether she can hear me or not. I thought of sending back emotions, but it's not easy. Usually I decipher feelings, never sending out one. I need to relearn.... Sometimes, I think I can hear her communicate verbally with me, but very subtle. But I make the effort to greet her in the morning and night.
She will hear you, even if you might not get a (for you) decipherable answer.
jezebela wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:58 am I can feel I'm getting anxious/frustrated for not able to 'hear' her. So I decided to just meditate with only my presence. Coz she's bound to a vessel, I can feel she's showing me images that she's with me during the meditation by being in the vessel.
You have to take a step back. You've only been doing this for a week. If you don't have a direct affinity to telepathic communication, it can take time until that channel opens. That can be a few weeks, months, or yes, even years. I don't want to scare you, but you need to approach spirit keeping with patience and not stress yourself out.
I read a lot of people are dominant in clairsentience, which isn't quite the case for me. My focus lies somewhere else, it seems.

Don't stress too much on bonding, but do try to "work" with her daily, if possible.
thanks for the encouragement. i bond with her in short meditation daily. hope this helps.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”