Things have kicked up a notch

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7

Sorry for the weird and inconclusive title. I couldn't really think of anything better right now.

So. This past week has been... something. I think I've had three OBEs and I seemed to always slip into them as I was asleep. These experiences were different (yet not) compared to what I went through before.

There was this overwhelming sense of not being in a dream. I knew I wasn't. I felt it in my whole essence, and this feeling of it being more real than the physical permeated everything. Still, there was this sense that I wasn't 100% conscious. I can't really explain it-- I knew I had spirit companions, yet I was too engulfed with what was happening in this realm I walked in. There was this constant thought of, "Oh, I should probably go there now. Do this. I can always see them later."

Oddly enough, I want to project in the first place because I want to see my friends eye to eye and talk to them properly without having a nagging doubt of our conversations being muddled by my mind. So, why was I being so distracted? Why do I even consider doing anything else?

I'm starting to think I've reached a middle-ground. I could explain it closest to being with one foot in a dream-state and with the other in the astral. In my last (assumed) OBE, I remembered the code words that one of my spirits gave me to pass from a lucid dream into the astral. I used them and I fell over as if I lost consciousness, but not even a second later I woke up on the same spot and nothing has changed around me. A contacted me and said, "You're already there." So, sorry, Angelik, for not giving you more info in that regard.

When I woke up, I asked my companions if I was projecting, and they said yes. So... I'm not quite sure what to think of all this?

Are there different levels of awareness when it comes to OBEs or am I deluding myself somehow?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

chiasmox wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:32 am [...]Are there different levels of awareness when it comes to OBEs or am I deluding myself somehow?
As I often say, I'm not a professional practitioner or a master...but I have some thoughts.

Based on my experience and what others have said, we do vary as to how we project / astral travel. Partly because we use different techniques and partly because we ourselves vary - so it does seem like we do operate in different states of awareness.

I have astral travelled in a simple way to do absent healings and to sit on the moon while doing planet healing. That feels very different from when I've astral travelled 'properly'. Around 8 years ago I began astral travelling in different astral levels, using DJ Conway's method. At the time, I had restless leg syndrome and found it hard to be physically still during a trip. Still, the experience and the amount of information gained was amazing. My mind was awake, alert. My astral body was elsewhere.

I think some people may think it's failure if both your mind and body aren't extremely relaxed. But I think, as long as the traveller's awareness is where their astral body is, you still get authentic information / experience.

No matter whether what you're doing feels like mental observation of what your astral body is up to and its astral surroundings, or you're very immersed in the experience to the extent that you've forgotten about your body...both are valid states of awareness and can produce valid astral journeys - in my opinion.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7

Thanks for your insight as always, Lewk.

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”