neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Archangel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Is having too much protection bad? Such as can it affect karma? Like can warding away too much negativity be bad in the long run?
:L

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

Maybe? Though I tend to think that there's no protection magic powerful enough to interfere with what you're "supposed" to go through. I think it's like locking the door of your house. Sure, you could learn something from being robbed, but there are many, many other lessons and trials available to you. We learn from overcoming difficulty, that's a large part of life. But we also learn from undertaking creative projects and loving one another. Those two can be real struggles even without lots of misfortune.

And if you could do some destiny magic powerful enough to stop anything bad from ever happening to you, the boredom resulting might be a trial of its own.

If your on a path of renunciation, giving up the physical world and living on faith alone you might want to go into the world naked with only your faith. If you're not on that path, you might want to have faith and also lock your door.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

s_coy2007 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:27 pm Is having too much protection bad? Such as can it affect karma? Like can warding away too much negativity be bad in the long run?
:L
tl/dr: No.

I don't really accept the premises that are assumed in the way the questions are worded. I suppose I mean I think differently. What follows unpacks my thinking, for what it's worth. I hope it makes some sense.

What is "too much protection"? The world class experts at CH, ASH and Magnolia, say you can never have too much protection. So I'll side with that answer.

In the real world, should we close down our police forces; our armies, navies and air forces; companies that provide security guards? Should we remove all the locks, bolts and burglar alarms and fences from our homes or workplaces? Basically, what's wrong with comprehensive protection? Surely it's a good thing. Would it be good karma to put ourselves in harm's way or leave ourselves defenceless? Are violent people who want to do harm to us in the right and should they be allowed to do whatever harm they want to us? Is it wrong to protect ourselves as effectively as possible? No. Same thing with paranormal threats.

Warding away negativity - in the same way that having walls, door and windows that keep rain and dirt out of our homes is a good thing, so is warding away negative energy. Or having an immune system that fights infectious diseases.

Can protection affect Karma? Perhaps what you're thinking of is destiny. CH say protection spirits cannot stop an action of destiny in motion.

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ight=prote

Karma isn't really a thing like a force or an intelligent agent of judgement, in my understanding. Its not something that's done to us. It's a process. It is nothing more than a name for the results of our own actions or inactions, which can have both practical and spiritual effects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

What affects karma is what we do - or don't do. Actually what karma is is what we do or don't do. The cumulative effect of those actions or inactions is the issue. In my opinion failure to do what is good and right can be bad karma - and that includes self protection.

The word karma means action, work or deed. So, literally: 'Can protection affect action'? No. Acting to protect oneself has an outcome (=safety). Failing to act to protect oneself has an outcome (=harm).gg

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Judgement24
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: succubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Well, to me personally it depends on what you are looking at.

If you're looking at doing magick (astral travel, etc) then more protection isn't a bad thing. Especially when we are not experienced in these things.

In Asia, where most keepers don't actually practice magick, they only have 1 protective spirit to accompany them during day to day life (good luck, fortune, basic protection). Do note that spirit keeping in Asia is not a common thing, although it has been around for hundreds of years).

In the middle east, most practitioners don't even keep spirits but handle their own protections. Some of the healers I respect (who worked with powerful beings), only utilise these powerful spirits when they require additional protection and firepower. They face spiritual attacks on a day to day basis.
However do take note these are practioners with immense experience and spiritual abilities. They are like the Jedi knights from star wars.. lol
Last edited by Judgement24 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Messenger of God said, ‘ Be like the son of Adam, and he recited:
“If you do stretch your hand against me to kill me, I shall never stretch my hand against you to kill you: for I fear God, the Lord of the worlds (mankind, jinn, and all that exists).

OMEGA
Old Magical Entity Gangster Aunties
Court of Wind: 5
Warriors of Light: 3
Friends of the soul: 1
Guidance of light: 1
Angelic Servant Leader: 1
Ex-entities: 15

Return to “Protection”