neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Archangel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Can protections backfire? Like if you get different layers of protective energy and spells can they backfire? I was interested in purchasing a strong voodoo protection on etsy and I was just wondering if it could backfire later on down the line?? I also heard that voodoo or is a modality to not play with as it has a high rate of backfiring later on. Is this correct?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

s_coy2007 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:54 pm Can protections backfire? Like if you get different layers of protective energy and spells can they backfire? I was interested in purchasing a strong voodoo protection on etsy and I was just wondering if it could backfire later on down the line?? I also heard that voodoo or is a modality to not play with as it has a high rate of backfiring later on. Is this correct?
The key thing is to go to a reliable, trustworthy, skilled and reputable seller. Vetting sellers carefully is crucial. See #7 here https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

If you go to a very good magical practitioner then, in my opinion and experience, there's no need to worry about occult/paranormal protection backfiring on you. I consider CH to be that kind of seller.

I can't speak for voodoo.

Just in case I've misunderstood, what exactly is it about protection that you think could backfire? And wouldn't you want to avoid those kinds of things anyway? Why take risks?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
angelicpeace
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:36 am Can protections backfire? Just in case I've misunderstood, what exactly is it about protection that you think could backfire? And wouldn't you want to avoid those kinds of things anyway? Why take risks?
I guess I was thinking that if a person got so much layers of protection that down the line that protection can backfire or pop. Like if a person wards away too much negativity down the line tables can turn and they attract what they warded off and yes you are right vetting a practitioner is important.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

s_coy2007 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:14 pm I guess I was thinking that if a person got so much layers of protection that down the line that protection can backfire or pop. Like if a person wards away too much negativity down the line tables can turn and they attract what they warded off and yes you are right vetting a practitioner is important.
With the disclaimer that this is just a discusssion - I can't guarantee things in the real world will turn out the way I talk about them...

...There's a difference between one kind of energy and another. Cold air doesn't feel like warm air. A pretty flower doesn't smell like burnt ashes. In the same way, love energy doesn't feel like hate energy...and protection energy has a certain quality.

An intention to protect creates a different effect than an intention to harm.

A psychic can see/feel even hear the quality of that intention / energy.

One way to think of it is like magnetic fields. The field created by protection energy or intent tends to make the 'iron filings' of events align with safety.

I don't know if that comes across clearly but maybe you can see why - from that perspective - adding lots of protection would only add to the protection effect and not backfire.

An inexperienced practitioner may not be able to keep their energy/magic/intention clear. They might conceivably stain or taint their working with other concerns or even their own negative energy, whereas the best practitioners do not.

Finally, having a number of different protection spell bindings and spirits means they each act slightly differently, so their coverage overlaps. It doesn't interact badly or misfire. (From a good seller.)

find it again.
angelicpeace
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:58 amWith the disclaimer that this is just a discusssion - I can't guarantee things in the real world will turn out the way I talk about them......There's a difference between one kind of energy and another. Cold air doesn't feel like warm air. A pretty flower doesn't smell like burnt ashes. In the same way, love energy doesn't feel like hate energy...and protection energy has a certain quality.An intention to protect creates a different effect than an intention to harm.A psychic can see/feel even hear the quality of that intention / energy.One way to think of it is like magnetic fields. The field created by protection energy or intent tends to make the 'iron filings' of events align with safety. I don't know if that comes across clearly but maybe you can see why - from that perspective - adding lots of protection would only add to the protection effect and not backfire.An inexperienced practitioner may not be able to keep their energy/magic/intention clear. They might conceivably stain or taint their working with other concerns or even their own negative energy, whereas the best practitioners do not.Finally, having a number of different protection spell bindings and spirits means they each act slightly differently, so their coverage overlaps. It doesn't interact badly or misfire. (From a good seller.)
@Lewk Thanks for this explanation. I understand. It puts it into a better prospective.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

s_coy2007 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:34 pm @Lewk Thanks for this explanation. I understand. It puts it into a better prospective.
Great! :)

find it again.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

s_coy2007 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:34 pm @Lewk Thanks for this explanation. I understand. It puts it into a better prospective.
Great! :)

find it again.
angelicpeace
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:39 pmGreat! :)
👍

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I would be very cautious about practitioners who toss the word "voodoo" around lightly. Vodou is a religion and a closed/initiatory practice, and people who are respectful of it will not treat it like a toy.

If you see any listings that seem to be treating "voodoo" like just a selling point, instead of a practice that is central to their lives, I would give that vendor a miss and seek elsewhere for assistance.

Also, I think that there is no such thing as too much protection. :) Goodness knows I have been, and still am, adding to my protective regimen for a while now. Spirits, servitors, spells, you name it, and it's there. And if I find new things to add, I will add those, too.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
angelicpeace
neophyte
neophyte

Likes2Read wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:17 pm I would be very cautious about practitioners who toss the word "voodoo" around lightly. Vodou is a religion and a closed/initiatory practice, and people who are respectful of it will not treat it like a toy.If you see any listings that seem to be treating "voodoo" like just a selling point, instead of a practice that is central to their lives, I would give that vendor a miss and seek elsewhere for assistance. Also, I think that there is no such thing as too much protection. Goodness knows I have been, and still am, adding to my protective regimen for a while now. Spirits, servitors, spells, you name it, and it's there. And if I find new things to add, I will add those, too. :] :]
Ok. Understood thanks.
Last edited by angelicpeace on Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Protection”