Camelot Fae taller than expected?

Discussions on specific races of faeries.
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hello all,

Several months ago I got a freebie binding from here with 3 Fae on it- One Waif ("I"), one Air Elemental ("L"), and one Camelot ("E"). Overall I'd say I've put in a decent amount of time connecting with them and we have all shared some lovely moments. However, I am getting a very odd mixed message from my Camelot Faery that, though it would explain a lot about the slightly larger "gap" between us, also flies pretty firmly in the face of what is in the CH Encyclopedia.

I was talking to all 3 of them one at a time tonight with a pendulum and visual aids to learn more about their physical forms. I have been able to bond relatively easily with I and L but E often seemed a bit more "shy" to manifestation. Lately she has started to open up, often as a result of finding music which excites her it seems. During tonight's pendulum session I had a sudden odd feeling and asked a question I'd never asked any of my Fae before-

"E, are you more than one foot tall?"
Yes.

"E, are you as tall as a human being would be?"
Yes.

"Do you stand as tall as I would?"
Yes.

"Are you noticeably taller than I am?"
No.

"Are you noticeably shorter than I am?"
No.

"Are you much taller than 'I' and 'L'?"
Yes.

"Are you the height I had previously imagined you would be?"
No.

"Would it make you more comfortable for me to consider you to be my height?"
Yes.

___

I double checked the CH encyclopedia entry for Camelot Fae. As with a great many others, they are listed as mini sized (1-5 feet). My pendulum is programmed among other things for Fae using the invocation from here, and was actively "set" to them with a code word ahead of asking these questions. I also have a Volkh who is actively on guard against any outside interference in communications so I can be pretty confident that this probably wasn't a factor. Remarkably, I recall that the one and only time I saw a full physical manifestation of E it was in a dream, and I was surprised to see she stood as tall as I did. At that time I had written it off as my mind "filling in the blanks" on that one trait, but now I'm not so sure. What do people here make of this? Is it possible that Camelot Fae could have outliers in size, or is there something I could be missing here that may be worth looking into further? I'm quite embarrassed at the thought that I may have so grievously misjudged such a basic aspect of E's appearance for so long but figure a revelation as notable as this deserves a second opinion.

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

So, hate to once again be the guy saying "omg something happened right after I posted this", but the moment this thread was posted I walked out of my room and there was a bird just outside in the hall looking at me, which immediately flew to my bedroom and had to be carefully coaxed out an open window. Bird symbolism is kind of a "thing" in my house (especially Ravens), and I know the Camelot Fae's animal association is the "Redbird". This one was brown, but had light red undertones. Didn't look like a Cardinal, but likely a female of some similarly-hued species.

I've had moths fly in the house, and arbitrarily fly directly upstairs to this room with my binding even though there's more light downstairs. That is one thing. This, however, is a first for nature to take in my house and I can't consider the timing a coincidence!

EDIT: apparently not able to edit my original post for some reason, but just to clarify the listed "Mini height" is 0-1 feet in the encyclopedia, NOT even 1-5 feet. That makes E's response implying she is around 6 feet tall even more surprising

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

jdhthegr8 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:30 am [...] just to clarify the listed "Mini height" is 0-1 feet in the encyclopedia, NOT even 1-5 feet. That makes E's response implying she is around 6 feet tall even more surprising
That experience makes interesting reading.

Yes, the Camelot Fairy Encyclopedia entry does say they are 0-1' high. I'd be surprised if you have one that is adult human size - but maybe CH support will say what they think about that possibility?

The other possibilities are that the pendulum question and answer session was either: inaccurate; influenced even unwittingly by your own mind/expectations or uncertainties; or different questions could have produced different responses.

You may already know about the need to cleanse and protect pendulums and the advisability of using each pendulum for only one dedicated purpose (eg use a spirit communication one only for that), as a patina of energies builds up that way.

See viewtopic.php?f=259&t=63512&p=672825&hilit=task#p672825

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

It is worth noting that you're limiting the nature of answer she can provide to you by mainly using pendulum to confirm or deny. 'Yes or No' answers are because she has no room to elaborate using that method. Pendulum can be helpful with some questions but in this exchange she'd have no room to explain what she meant, so even if the answers were completely guided by her (and might not have been, pendulum isn't infallible), she would have been choosing the 'closest' answer possible with pendulum.

Let me break down what I am seeing given what I've just stated:

Her answering 'Yes' to being more than one foot tall can mean something like she's one foot and a few inches tall which would just be taller than average of her kind.

Her answering 'Yes' to 'are you as tall as a human being would be?' is confusing because there are extremely small humans that exist. You also didn't distinguish between child or adult (both human beings) with your question, and you didn't specify 'the average human height' judging by what you've posted here.

Her answer 'Yes' to 'Do you stand as tall as I would?' could be because she is capable of manifesting at any height, all spirits (presuming these are spirits) can manifest fluidly when it comes to details like this. Therefore, keep in mind if she's a spirit, no longer living, that she can be however tall she wants to present herself as now.

Not being noticeably taller or shorter than you says nothing given all of the above.
Being much taller than the others says nothing given all of the above.
Not being the height you'd previously imagined her to be says nothing given all of the above.

Making her more comfortable to be considered your height could just be a preference based on her choice manifestation or how she wishes to connect with you. Again, it's possible your entire weird feeling about things is because she simply wants to be considered taller and likes to manifest taller than she was in life.

With all of this in mind, if you feel more comfortable considering her to be your height and this seems to be what she desires, there's obviously no harm in it. The actual fact of her height in life is something you'll only have the opportunity to confirm when you develop with other methods and skills in communication, however. Not a big deal overall.

And if you wanted more concrete confirmation NOW, I'd suggest simply asking CH about this since they conjured her forth. My own instinct would be that she just likes to manifest as your height.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:33 pm You may already know about the need to cleanse and protect pendulums and the advisability of using each pendulum for only one dedicated purpose (eg use a spirit communication one only for that), as a patina of energies builds up that way.

See viewtopic.php?f=259&t=63512&p=672825&hilit=task#p672825
Thanks for the resource, I hadn't seen that one before and will keep it in mind. I can say that the pendulum I was using is only used specifically for spirit communication and no other magickal purposes. I definitely plan to use those cleansing and barrier spells in particular.

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:36 pm It is worth noting that you're limiting the nature of answer she can provide to you by mainly using pendulum to confirm or deny. 'Yes or No' answers are because she has no room to elaborate using that method. Pendulum can be helpful with some questions but in this exchange she'd have no room to explain what she meant, so even if the answers were completely guided by her (and might not have been, pendulum isn't infallible), she would have been choosing the 'closest' answer possible with pendulum.
A good point. Your breakdown of the specific responses was also within the realm of my own consideration to varying degrees.
Vipera aspis atra wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:36 pm With all of this in mind, if you feel more comfortable considering her to be your height and this seems to be what she desires, there's obviously no harm in it. The actual fact of her height in life is something you'll only have the opportunity to confirm when you develop with other methods and skills in communication, however. Not a big deal overall.

And if you wanted more concrete confirmation NOW, I'd suggest simply asking CH about this since they conjured her forth. My own instinct would be that she just likes to manifest as your height.
Ultimately I consider this part to be the most likely possibility. That she seems to prefer to be viewed in that way is enough on its own for me to accept! I made sure to tell E that I accepted her at any form she preferred to manifest, whether that be as tall as me or 0-1 feet or any other form and this seemed to make her happy in and of itself. As always though, this has given me some ideas for improving communication when using that particular tool. I'll allow her further appearances to speak for themselves, however they may come.

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

So, interesting "conclusion" to this story at least for the time being.

Before I went to bed last night I talked to I and L. They also expressed that they would like to be viewed as "my height" as well, seemingly validating the prior response that this was a chosen form. I stated they were welcome to just as much.

When I woke up this morning, I had a terrible headache. It was so bad that I had to leave work after an hour because I was unable to focus. I could feel their energy, and it was much stronger. All 3 *felt* like they were all 6 feet tall, and the effect of it was far more than I was used to. Reflecting on all of our interactions, I pulled out my pendulum and asked E:

"Did you want to be viewed as larger because you feel I am not respecting you at your normal size?"
A weakly-nodded Yes.

"Is that why L and I asked for the same afterwards?"
Yes. (She is the assigned "taskmaster" of my Fae who I trust to speak for group opinions on. I later asked I and L individually and they gave the same response).

Indeed, I hadn't been respecting many of the terms of etiquette which are considered common for Fae. More importantly, I had discussed them with one or two friends in far too casual of a manner. They also seemed concerned about my interactions with one or two other spirits in the family, which appeared to be borne of misunderstanding about their own separate natures and values.

I then felt a fourth, more specific presence. My Maras Elf, M. One who has always been more willing to give me well-intentioned critique.
"Did M help you find the ability to speak these things to me?"
Yes.

I thanked M for doing her part to improve our interactions, explained what needed to be understood by the Fae (including that I am fine with them raising concerns to me at any time), and directly committed to adjusting my practice and behavior with them before making a quick offering of incense, orange juice, and dried lemon peel to all of them. Then, I took a good nap and meal to regain my lost energy. My interactions later today have been scant, but I made sure to double-check that they were all pleased with me and what we had discussed which they do all seem to be! Needless to say, this has been an interesting experience and I am glad that we have learned more about each other here.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

jdhthegr8 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:50 pm So, interesting "conclusion" to this story at least for the time being.

[...]Needless to say, this has been an interesting experience and I am glad that we have learned more about each other here.
./<

find it again.
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

Great to read this, I was just thinking about mine...he is not from CH. I think I saw him in dream last night and he appeared similar to the photo the conjurer chose for him and completely human, 178 cm or something, no wings.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

jdhthegr8 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:03 am [...]I double checked the CH encyclopedia entry for Camelot Fae. As with a great many others, they are listed as mini sized (1-5 feet).[...]

I'm guessing what you typed is a Freudian slip-type thing, as the Encyclopedia entry reads 'Average size 0-1 feet'.

'https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

I have one who I think is in the 0-1 feet bracket.

I'd ask CH if that is a typo on their part.

find it again.
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

I am glad you figured it out. Before I read your conclusion i was going to ask if you'd ask them if they were hybrids somehow. Maybe I have a hybrid fetish but it think it's a valid question but I am not questioning CH ability at all either I am sure CH would identify a hybrid being in mere moments maybe I just like the idea.

I am curious to wondering what made them react so strongly either far are sensitive beings I can see that. But to say hey I'm as tall as u buddy. I'm sure the elf I have atm is not happy I took her to work today alot of negativity going around.

I'm hopeless I know they know I care that's what matters to me but I need to look up fae fae customs I am assuming elf's may not.be fae but I always assumed elf's knew fae

Says the guy that cares but did something horrible not intentionally. Some of you may have even laughed at me.for it but I wont share it here and for her feelings I wont either accidents happen.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..

Return to “Faery Races”