Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:44 am The only REAL power the demons feel during an exorcism is the accidental magic of the individual performing an exorcism, that is THEIR OWN accidental display of banishing ability, NOT power granted by some 2000-year old writings. I think, if you are truly interested in demons, you would do well to examine them on an objective way and not through the lens of religious dogma.
This. So much.

I was wondering for a long time, why I didn't like the Christian religion. At some point I realised, that it's robbing people of their own powers and responsibilities.

I read way to many books to be able to recite the author and the title, but they said something like: "Whenever you are in severe danger and in need of protection, step into your own power." (Probably Luisa Francia, but I'm not sure.)
So far it absolutely worked for me, as it grounds and centers you immediately and you are able to focus on what's really going on.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

ilinga wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:10 pm
Regholdain wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:44 am The only REAL power the demons feel during an exorcism is the accidental magic of the individual performing an exorcism, that is THEIR OWN accidental display of banishing ability, NOT power granted by some 2000-year old writings. I think, if you are truly interested in demons, you would do well to examine them on an objective way and not through the lens of religious dogma.
This. So much.

I was wondering for a long time, why I didn't like the Christian religion. At some point I realised, that it's robbing people of their own powers and responsibilities.

I read way to many books to be able to recite the author and the title, but they said something like: "Whenever you are in severe danger and in need of protection, step into your own power." (Probably Luisa Francia, but I'm not sure.)
So far it absolutely worked for me, as it grounds and centers you immediately and you are able to focus on what's really going on.
This is one of the most important things I learned in my path through demonolatry! To step into your own power and honor yourself.

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:44 am As to my note about "fictional demons", I am trying to say that dealing with demons as a whole via holy water or Lord's Prayer is IN ITSELF a bias and not actual truth. IF that works, and I'm extremely doubtful that it really does, then it's because the demon is absolutely playing with you and will return in force.
Reg, all with traditions backing them down have bias. Traditions related to religions like Christianity, Islam, even Taoism or Buddhism, have their own bias. Demonolatry as well has their own bias, with some with anti-religion and others with more neutral view.

The problems then are 2 points:
1. The bias can work, may even be the crucial point to make it work, within the tradition it's based upon. You don't use Christian perspective to work with Islamic method and vice versa, and you don't use both of them to work with demonolatry and vice versa. It shouldn't be a holier-than-thou thingy, else you may end up disrespecting others besides your target too (i.e. Christianity), including Vodou, Hindu, etc.

2. Since it is a method that Magnolia gave in another thread, you are insinuating that Magnolia works with fictional entities, thus her other work may be fictions as well. You know the forum rules, Reg.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Black Arts”