Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

Im not sure if theres an "official" way to do it. But for myself, I just pop into meditative telepathy and talk to my djinn just like a close friend.
We talk about possible outcomes, the rules, things I don't want to manifest, and exactly what I envision for the outcome. He will then tell me if my expectations are too great, or if my rules leave no room for proper and smooth manifesting. He is good at pointing out things I didn't think of. He will not do anything that would cause any negative backlash, so I generally just carefully word my request, and leave the rest up to him. I don't go back and ask about my request ever, to let him do his work in peace.
Also, I keep my request minimal and focus mostly on companionship.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

wow... This is quite enlightening for me. 🙃 I totally weak on wish making. Even with my master services and infusion,
I just really don't know where my focus supposed to rest on. It rather is a commend like I wish this this this. It is a simple asking of me Cleopatra Djinn fit something. Anyway, I actually being resolts with a spell called giant goals which is excellent for me.

Now that I read about your approach on this, I think I can just relax and talk out over with my Djinn.

FrostLightDjinn wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:36 pm Im not sure if theres an "official" way to do it. But for myself, I just pop into meditative telepathy and talk to my djinn just like a close friend.
We talk about possible outcomes, the rules, things I don't want to manifest, and exactly what I envision for the outcome. He will then tell me if my expectations are too great, or if my rules leave no room for proper and smooth manifesting. He is good at pointing out things I didn't think of. He will not do anything that would cause any negative backlash, so I generally just carefully word my request, and leave the rest up to him. I don't go back and ask about my request ever, to let him do his work in peace.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

Spelling corrected version.
Chavah wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:35 am wow... This is quite enlightening for me. 🙃 I totally weak on wish making. Even with my master services and infusion,
I just really don't know where my focus supposed to rest on. Is it rather likely commend : I wish this this and this? Or is it a simple asking of my Cleopatra Djinn for something. Anyway, I actually getting results with a spell called Giant Goals which is excellent for me. And I ask things naturally from my 2 star faeries.

Now that I read about your approach on this subject, I think I can just relax and talk things over with my Djinn too.

FrostLightDjinn wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:36 pm Im not sure if theres an "official" way to do it. But for myself, I just pop into meditative telepathy and talk to my djinn just like a close friend.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

angelicpeace wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:05 pm How does one submit a wish to a djin?
Short answer: carefully. Also: it depends which conjurer or seller you got your Djinn from.

The Djinni I have from Mystic Morning Treasures come with precise instructions on how to request a wish from them. And those instructions vary from one Djinn to another. One needs only to be called for help. Others need precise wording to summon for wish making.

I have a Djinn from Creepy Hollows. That came with no instructions about wish making. I think this is in keeping with the CH approach of making spirit keeping available without the need for complex, formal rites etc.

If there were no instructions on wish making, maybe yours is a CH Djinn?

Here are some principles I've learned...

Generally speaking:

- write down your wish, after carefully thinking it through and formulating it;
- include a realistic timespan, within which you'd like the outcome to be achieved;
- take care not to include your doubts, fears etc in the wording, in case that Djinn is one that will think these are part of your wish;
- take great care with the words, as a Djinn/wish granting spirit is likely to take your words literally;
- similarly, don't forget: once you've made a wish you can't take it back;
- if that Djinn is one that can only grant one wish at a time, maybe don't ask them to grant a wish that may take years(?)
- maybe start with small wishes and work up to bigger/harder ones;
- unless instructed otherwise, start it with the words "I wish...";
- after the wish is made, put it out of your mind and trust that the wish will be granted to the best of the spirit's ability and depending on how realisitic it is.

Yes, it does seem like a good idea to discuss it with the spirit beforehand. Partly, because some Djinn have high principles and partly because they can warn you if it's not a good idea. Some will only grant light natured wishes that cause no harm...this should be clear from the description of that spirit or it's type.

Different sellers will have different kinds of understanding / agreement / contract built in to the way they've conjured a particular Djinn. So it's crucial to respect that and any instructions the seller gives, including for care. The same type of Djinn from 2 different sellers may well not expect to be treated the same way as each other, for that reason.

Maybe another good thing to incorporate into any wish is: "May the granting of this wish not lead to harm for me or mine.", as it's conceivable we may sometimes ask for something that can cause us harm and some (many?) wish granters may dutifully grant the wish exactly as we've made it.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

These are very good points @Lewk. I copied it out for future reference. I don't know how to bookmark on forum.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

angelicpeace
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Archangel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Thanks you all.

@Lewk I got a Marid Djin from CH and hes awesome. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: Hal
Zodiac:

Saving this for my future Cleopatra djinn for just in case

Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0

angelicpeace wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:05 pm How does one submit a wish to a djin?
I have not made any wishes with the Djinn in my keep, but I do think there are a couple things to bear in mind.

(1) When in doubt, ask the conjurer that you received them from. My Djinn comes from MMT, whom my bonding ritual was botched the first time due to me forgetting one piece or another. When I reached out about it, I was told which parts were actually important to say and what was more or less formality. Learning more from your conjurer can hep you discern how important a phrase might be in any of your interactions where something like a ritual or wish might take place.

(2) I personally believe that it's about your intention. Unless the conjurer emphasized from the start that you should do a, b, c.. etc, and why you should (definitely ASK them, even if just curious). Simply connecting to them and making a formality of your own in calling them forth should work just as well towards making a wish. I also agree with Lewk in terms of being more precise and cautious in how you go about making it. Unless spoken otherwise, there is a general consensus that some Djinn may twist words, so the way you phrase everything is SUPER important.

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”