Paranormal powers and weight loss or body image.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Kitsune has made an important point. The way these spells work (when they are light-neutral natured) is to influence you to take certain actions, have certain new inclinations, or undergo life changes that directly relate to your health (weight in this instance, but what I am saying applies generally to physical improvements hoped for through magical means).

The magic can therefore make efforts easier by shifting your circumstance, so understand in the first place there will be changes in your circumstance or behavioral patterns that lead to your goal. It won't be just you doing what you usually do, being as you usually are, and losing the weight. In fact, if it were that way, we'd probably be dealing with something more like Black Magic and the cause for your weight loss would not be as nice.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
jezebela
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: jazne

Kitsune wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:18 pm
Spells are not going to help you much if you aren't going to put any effort into attaining your goal. They can't do the work for you, but they can give you a boost to your efforts. Same with spirits.
what makes you think i didn't put in any effort? cutting less on my food intake to the point of eating less than 5 tablespoon of carbs. i eat bland food all the time, no fried stuff, just stick to the healthy food. i walk more than 10k steps per day, not counting the exercises. i eat supplements that supposed to aid the weight loss, and they r not cheap. i didn't really eat the ones that really help with losing the fat at the stomach because it's not sustainable the moment i stop consuming. i've done a lot and i'm tired. see a nutritionist? yea, need money. go to a gym? yea, need money and the muscle can become visible. i'm not aiming for that, don't mind being tone though. instead of paying on monthly basis, isn't there something i can pay one time off that works? while i do the maintenance?

so tell me what effort am i not attempting, trying?

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

jezebela wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:07 am
Spells are not going to help you much if you aren't going to put any effort into attaining your goal. They can't do the work for you, but they can give you a boost to your efforts. Same with spirits.
what makes you think i didn't put in any effort? cutting less on my food intake to the point of eating less than 5 tablespoon of carbs. i eat bland food all the time, no fried stuff, just stick to the healthy food. i walk more than 10k steps per day, not counting the exercises. i eat supplements that supposed to aid the weight loss, and they r not cheap. i didn't really eat the ones that really help with losing the fat at the stomach because it's not sustainable the moment i stop consuming. i've done a lot and i'm tired. see a nutritionist? yea, need money. go to a gym? yea, need money and the muscle can become visible. i'm not aiming for that, don't mind being tone though. instead of paying on monthly basis, isn't there something i can pay one time off that works? while i do the maintenance?

Nobody here knows you or your situation, you've only provided these details here and now. Keep that in mind when people offer advice or insight as they are in all likelihood coming from a place of wanting to help. You said you didn't have energy to exercise and would like to eat whatever you want without worry of weight gain... that doesn't at all detail efforts undergone.

Like I added above, magic of this nature (if it works) is just going to find a different route for your behavior to ultimately bring success. Unless there's a serious medical issue hindering your metabolism, there's something you aren't doing right now or are approaching the wrong way - that would be shifted with a good spell. It means you will be making efforts and changes, but they should come more easily with the right spell regardless.

I'm not a nutritionist but am pretty versed in the subject of dietary essentials with a love of food and interest in how what we consume impacts us.
Some basics which I think are key:
Never drink your calories (as in try to limit the 'fun beverages' -soda, alcohol, etc- because that adds up quickly),
Consume meals that are not highly processed if possible - that is keep it simple and try to avoid pre-packaged stuff with a load of needless additives (it can be difficult to afford a clean diet this way and so if you need to get processed stuff be mindful of what's in it, there are options that don't inundate us with needless ingredients,
Make sure these are meals that have a component which will keep you full longer - healthy fats and fiber are important,
Drink a lot more water - much of the time we feel hungry we're actually dehydrated,
Be aware of any vitamin deficiencies that can impact your cravings and metabolic rate,
Have more greens on your plate than anything else but don't skip out on the other food groups if you're into them as they have their purpose.

You should burn more calories than you consume. Move more than you eat. If you're too tired to keep up momentum in a day then it's important to get checked for any issues that could be keeping your energy levels down. Sometimes imbalanced diet does that, but sometimes it's something we don't anticipate.

An ideal diet does not mean lifelong, unrealistic restrictions.. if there are not more serious issues at play, one should be able to eat whatever they want - in balance.
Your lifestyle and the kind of activities you take on during a normal day can also warp how food impacts you. Everything is connected. When do you exercise, when do you eat, when do you sleep? Are you in stressful surroundings? Things like that.

Anyway.. by all means, get a spell done, and it will probably shine a light on details you've been unaware or avoidant of, ultimately helping you to lose weight. Best of luck.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
Zodiac:

I sense a bit of tension, so I am going to try to help out a bit more than my earlier two sentences. (I just got distracted by a white possum walk by me...ok distraction gone now)

I'm going to share my struggles with weight. I'm over 300 pounds. I don't even want to know how many stones that is. I struggle with sleep deprivation, low energy, Fibomyalgia, and I can say without a doubt that I empathize with you. I have no idea what each new day will bring me. I may find myself in a state of pain that renders me useless and bedbound.

Luckily for me, my spirits have come to my aid so many times. I have created new goals regarding my weight. I do extensive research on how I can improve my health.

Personally, I have tried the whole, give up on my favorite foods. I did that so many times just to fail because I would return to my same old eating habits.

When I get depressed, I eat. When I get bored, I snack. It's switching your mindset and how we think about food. Do we eat out of real need or because we think it will help us feel better for the moment only to step on the scale and start crying?

It's about setting up an eating routine. It's about finding the energy to exercise. I have to reprogram my brain for the days that I am able to get out of bed. I need to get up and start moving. My body and mind has determined that if I move, I will be in pain. I am going to have to begin slowly.

I also know what it is like to work out for an hour or two everyday to see very little results. I didn't account for workout versus intake. When you burn calories, you are going to need more than 5 teaspoons of carbs. Don't eat everything in the kitchen but don't under eat, either.

Balance is everything. Without balance, we will get thrown into a viscous cycle that will be more difficult to get out of.

This is why I don't want to use my spirits or magick when it comes to weight loss. I am not balanced in my own life. If I get a spell done or have spirits get me to lose weight, I am still unbalanced. I am the problem. It is a psychological problem.

I have to say, that while I am not a doctor, I recommend that you see your doctor because there are medical conditions that make weight loss impossible. One such problem is cystic ovarian fibrosis. There's also genetic problems.

Last thing I want to say is that magick is not a fix it all solution for our problems. I definitely do not want to get to the point that I rely on magick for everything. That would just enable me to be lazy and I would rather be my old active 160 pound self again.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

jezebela wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:07 am go to a gym? yea, need money and the muscle can become visible. i'm not aiming for that, don't mind being tone though.

Even if you don't want visible muscles, weight training helps the body burn more fat:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 121905.htm
Going to the gym is usually recommended because they have various equipment and knowledgeable instructors who can adjust your exercise with your goals. It's not necessary to go to the gym, but you need to do some research and experiment by yourself, and that will take more time, effort, and money that most people give up before any visible change.
jezebela wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:07 aminstead of paying on monthly basis, isn't there something i can pay one time off that works? while i do the maintenance?
Even with the gym, it is safer and healthier to expect changes at least in a year, and depending on your body condition, that first year may only be for rehabilitation e.g. strengthening your wrists and elbows so you can do pushups. The maintenance would be easier as well since you would have the knowledge of what to do and the habit of doing them by then.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Metheus North wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:51 am I have to say, that while I am not a doctor, I recommend that you see your doctor because there are medical conditions that make weight loss impossible. One such problem is cystic ovarian fibrosis. There's also genetic problems.
This, this, so much this.
I'm struggling with my weight often enough due to hormonal imbalance, what triggers depression, what triggers weight gain, what triggers hormonal imbalance...
I recently lost a lot of weight because of food poisoning and removal of all my wisdom teeth (both happening within two weeks) and although it helped to get my weight on a level where it's not triggering the hormonal imbalance as strong anymore, it wasn't a fun ride for sure. I would have prefered slow and healthy.
Seeing a professional is never wrong. Of course it's still up to you to change things, but someone will hold you accountable and support you with their knowledge.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
jezebela
neophyte
neophyte

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:40 am
jezebela wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:07 am

Nobody here knows you or your situation, you've only provided these details here and now. Keep that in mind when people offer advice or insight as they are in all likelihood coming from a place of wanting to help. You said you didn't have energy to exercise and would like to eat whatever you want without worry of weight gain... that doesn't at all detail efforts undergone.

Like I added above, magic of this nature (if it works) is just going to find a different route for your behavior to ultimately bring success. Unless there's a serious medical issue hindering your metabolism, there's something you aren't doing right now or are approaching the wrong way - that would be shifted with a good spell. It means you will be making efforts and changes, but they should come more easily with the right spell regardless.

I'm not a nutritionist but am pretty versed in the subject of dietary essentials with a love of food and interest in how what we consume impacts us.
Some basics which I think are key:
Never drink your calories (as in try to limit the 'fun beverages' -soda, alcohol, etc- because that adds up quickly),
Consume meals that are not highly processed if possible - that is keep it simple and try to avoid pre-packaged stuff with a load of needless additives (it can be difficult to afford a clean diet this way and so if you need to get processed stuff be mindful of what's in it, there are options that don't inundate us with needless ingredients,
Make sure these are meals that have a component which will keep you full longer - healthy fats and fiber are important,
Drink a lot more water - much of the time we feel hungry we're actually dehydrated,
Be aware of any vitamin deficiencies that can impact your cravings and metabolic rate,
Have more greens on your plate than anything else but don't skip out on the other food groups if you're into them as they have their purpose.

You should burn more calories than you consume. Move more than you eat. If you're too tired to keep up momentum in a day then it's important to get checked for any issues that could be keeping your energy levels down. Sometimes imbalanced diet does that, but sometimes it's something we don't anticipate.

An ideal diet does not mean lifelong, unrealistic restrictions.. if there are not more serious issues at play, one should be able to eat whatever they want - in balance.
Your lifestyle and the kind of activities you take on during a normal day can also warp how food impacts you. Everything is connected. When do you exercise, when do you eat, when do you sleep? Are you in stressful surroundings? Things like that.

Anyway.. by all means, get a spell done, and it will probably shine a light on details you've been unaware or avoidant of, ultimately helping you to lose weight. Best of luck.
i'm always mindful and i usually think through of my replies before posting. but if it hurts, i will voice out.

thanks for the advise! what you share is really true! i have been applying those, but i guess i need to also reflect on my lifestyle and also the rate of my metabolism as i'm getting older.

thanks again for the sharing!

jezebela
neophyte
neophyte

Metheus North wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:51 am I sense a bit of tension, so I am going to try to help out a bit more than my earlier two sentences. (I just got distracted by a white possum walk by me...ok distraction gone now)

I'm going to share my struggles with weight. I'm over 300 pounds. I don't even want to know how many stones that is. I struggle with sleep deprivation, low energy, Fibromyalgia, and I can say without a doubt that I empathize with you. I have no idea what each new day will bring me. I may find myself in a state of pain that renders me useless and bedbound.

Luckily for me, my spirits have come to my aid so many times. I have created new goals regarding my weight. I do extensive research on how I can improve my health.

Personally, I have tried the whole, give up on my favorite foods. I did that so many times just to fail because I would return to my same old eating habits.

When I get depressed, I eat. When I get bored, I snack. It's switching your mindset and how we think about food. Do we eat out of real need or because we think it will help us feel better for the moment only to step on the scale and start crying?

It's about setting up an eating routine. It's about finding the energy to exercise. I have to reprogram my brain for the days that I am able to get out of bed. I need to get up and start moving. My body and mind has determined that if I move, I will be in pain. I am going to have to begin slowly.

I also know what it is like to work out for an hour or two everyday to see very little results. I didn't account for workout versus intake. When you burn calories, you are going to need more than 5 teaspoons of carbs. Don't eat everything in the kitchen but don't under eat, either.

Balance is everything. Without balance, we will get thrown into a viscous cycle that will be more difficult to get out of.

This is why I don't want to use my spirits or magick when it comes to weight loss. I am not balanced in my own life. If I get a spell done or have spirits get me to lose weight, I am still unbalanced. I am the problem. It is a psychological problem.

I have to say, that while I am not a doctor, I recommend that you see your doctor because there are medical conditions that make weight loss impossible. One such problem is cystic ovarian fibrosis. There's also genetic problems.

Last thing I want to say is that magick is not a fix it all solution for our problems. I definitely do not want to get to the point that I rely on magick for everything. That would just enable me to be lazy and I would rather be my old active 160 pound self again.
words have the power to hurt or bring joy to others eh?

thank you so much for sharing with me your experience and your empathy. i cannot imagine the challenges you undergo daily. i have friends with multiple sclerosis and Fibromyalgia, and one thing they always share with me is 'pain'. thank you once again for the empathy.

i do intend to talk about weight issues with the doctors, however, they keep telling me my body weight and shape is alright. i'm not obsessed with being underweight. i just want to shed off some visceral fat which i needed in order to be health. however, the doctors r not listening to me. i really need to burn the fat. so i guess i need to take this matter into my own hands. i think another challenge for me is the choice of meals i have with family members.

i don't believe magick can solve everything either. it's just an additional assistance provided we make the effort to work towards our goals.

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”