Ezili

Resources and links to information on immortals from various cultures.
Yoge
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Hello. I’m waiting to get parcel with Ezili and Others. From few days I have one though in the mind. As we know She’s LWA. As far as I remember we need to be initiated in Voudun to work with LOA. Won’t be there a problems?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 298
Spelled Number: 202
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi

Is it from Creepy Hollows?

If so, you're probably asking about either this https://shop.creepyhollows.com/ezili-af ... pirit.html, or this https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... t=9&id=629.

Both pages are about a Creepy Hollows conjure and binding of an Immortal.

CH say that with their conjured and bound spirits there is no need to do anything else. No rituals etc - so that includes there being no need to be initiated into Vodou / Voudun. Creepy Hollows have done all the work for us and got the being's agreement to be their Keeper's lifelong companion.

All CH conjured and bound spirit companions are worked with exactly the same way - that includes taking careful note of everything the Encyclopaedia and Shop pages say about that type of spirit - and indeed everything they say about tips and tricks on spirit keeping.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

CH bindings never require initiation. I mean. I say that, but watch it be an “almost never,” lol! Anyway, CH bindings also tend to be pretty darn safe, so then it becomes more an issue of maximizing what you put into and get out of the binding than whether there might be any negative outcome. It probably goes without saying that you shouldn’t be reckless bc you’re banking on that safety; even if the binding doesn’t harm you, what you do with it certainly might, depending.

Having gotten that much out of the way, we can drill down a bit more.

Some of the traditions associated with Vodou/Voodoo, folk Catholicism and the Loa do require initiation, but by no means all.

I’d recommend doing some intensive research on Erzulie/Erzili/Èzili. I’d pay special attention to which tradition you’d like to start from, which Aspect of Her (I’m guessing Metres Ezili, based on your spelling?) you’d like to approach, and really deeply study the cultural context around those two fundamental points. This will demonstrate respect and it will also help ensure a respectful approach *as She might most likely perceive respect.* That doesn’t mean you are necessarily bound by those existing mores, but sometimes it does, and it’s good to know when it is. For example, Maîtresse Mambo Erzulie Fréda Dahomey is frequently syncretized with Oshun and Iyalorde Oxum, and in many traditions Oshun is not interested in working with people too far from being descended from Yoruba traditions and might even not receive that favorably, but some other Aspects are considered easily approached by anyone closely identified with femininity. It can vary a lot, in other words.

It probably surprises no one that respect tends to be the most important starting point and guiding principle for all kinds of work like this, and showing it is never a bad thing.

atlanticamethyst7
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Goddess Athena
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Yoge wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:09 pm Hello. I’m waiting to get parcel with Ezili and Others. From few days I have one though in the mind. As we know She’s LWA. As far as I remember we need to be initiated in Voudun to work with LOA. Won’t be there a problems?
Wow I'm excited for you! I was keen to get an Ezili binding as well but never did act upon it.. Probably the timing wasn't too right. But please share more on your bonding experience, I'm eager to learn more on the Ezilis. All the best! :)| <*

+++++++++++AA++++++++++++
Take Flight; Thy Wings of Fancy & Might

Return to “Immortal Information and Cultures”