You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: jackalope
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: cyris
Zodiac:

just curios about peoples experiences i also hear sometimes they can get pretty in your face and pushy even with testing so im curious to see is anyone has experiences that
O.Op
1 veela 8)) 1 throne angel :8) 1 watcher B) 8 warrior angels X..X 1 seraphim 0:) 1 dragos 2 :v psy vampires *0* 1 sang vamp ^^ 1 gargoyle O.Op 1 violet flame angel *>* 1 Norse tiger :3 1 nympho <3 1 servitor 8>
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I haven't had much in the way of testing, from my spirits. But they do ask for clarification sometimes, regarding my rules. They'll say something like "This rule here says this, and this other rule here says that.... So....... If I yadda yadda....."
They will ask questions to see if there's any flexibility in my rules. Which I usually firmly say, no absolutely not, and I'll explain why. Their response is always "Yes master" and it's not brought up again. I don't get the feeling that they are testing so much as they are asking for clarification, usually.
I put in my rules that respect and trust is very important to me, and that I expect everyone to work as a family as much as possible. To me respect means following the rules and not trying to test or break them. They know that I view them as intelligent capable beings, that I trust them to follow the rules, and it's my way of respecting them as well.
None of my spirits have been pushy. I did have an unbound one time who had a tiny bit bossy tone and I said nope, not listening to a tone like that, but if you want to hang out here you gotta follow the rules, otherwise you gotta go. His tone completely changed and has been respectful since.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖆
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

pokemonsavage wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:46 pm just curios about peoples experiences i also hear sometimes they can get pretty in your face and pushy even with testing so im curious to see is anyone has experiences that
O.Op
'Testing' - as in setting me grand Tests - is also for me not something I recognise as having anything to do with bound spirit companions.

Do you mean like Hercules was set tests / challenges he had to pass...the old idea of the Hero passing tests? It sounds like a non-spirit keeping thing to me. Or Testing the boundaries and testing your resolve?

I've read some people's experiences of working with DA old gods/immortals/demons, in which testing can be a thing. But, as far as I can understand, the whole idea of a bound companion is mutual alignment for a lifetime so I wouldn't expect testing to really feature much in such a relationship. Nor would I expect a well match companion to act up much, if at all.

I do get a lot of checking, clarification, verifying, and permission-inviting contacts from my bound companions, as I think FrostLight Djinn says. I wouldn't use the word testing to describe that.
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: ☯️ Aqua Fractalyne ☯️

Mine haven't given me much trouble. I did have to reign in one of my first companions once, when I was a newbie keeper. It was actually a little embarrassing and I think a couple people were frustrated until they realized I was just confused (I was talking to them about something he said he wanted to do in a live chat). Once it was cleared up that I just needed some guidance, they offered me some advice, and then I made it clear to my companion what the boundaries were and that he shouldn't cross them. He didn't even argue with me, just agreed to respect my rules.

I think it's a credit to the folks that have conjured for me that all of my companions know not cross my boundaries or go do things without consulting me first. In fact, I think a handful are just here to hang out and don't actually go out of their way to help me out with things XD and then I never task them because I'm just vibing with them lol Most of the time, though, they know to help me out when I really need it.
they/them

cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

My elven mummy constants twists my words and phrases. I have to be so, so careful about what I say and don’t say, and imply. Give an inch and he takes a mile

I swear, it’s like how the tales talk about Genie wishes. Gotta be EXACT or your words can be liberally twisted o.o

Every conversation is a test of wills and articulation lol!

Return to “Dark Arts”