You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: ☯️ Aqua Fractalyne ☯️

I just got mine yesterday, and I sense she's a bit on the impatient side. She kind of bares her teeth and gives me attitude when I check in with her and ask questions. I don't think she'll hurt me, but I get the feelings she expects a certain behavior from me to leave her alone unless I have a task for her, and then don't follow up on it. She doesn't really confirm, either, if she's done with her task. I assume they're just like this?

My other new companions don't mind being tasked when they arrive (when I make my order, I tell the conjurer what kind of help I'm seeking); they usually just tell me if they want an offering in return (and frequently, they don't really ask for anything). If anything, they seem very happy to be given a task because they answered my call for help in the first place. I don't get the sense that she's found my task rude, but she does find asking if she finished it and what the result is to be a pet peeve from what I can tell.

What do you guys thinks?

they/them

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

For CH and other conjurers who work with "color archetype" dragons, black dragons do tend to be described as moody in one way or another. Some individuals may be more task-oriented than social, but they may also test some lines with you, see if you're willing to follow through and enforce the rules you set. It may help if you let her know that it's not personal or meant in disrespect, and that clear communication and accountability is expected from all in your keep (if that's actually the case, that is). There might be some grumbling about it, but it should not be enough of an issue for her to cause trouble over it; if it was going to be a real problem, she probably would not have answered the conjuring call. Based on experiences with my CH black dragon, as long as you're respectful but firm, things should work out alright.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I don't have a bound black dragon myself, as other types of dragons feel more drawn to me, but I read a bit about them, when I was considering one as companion. Dragons for sure can have attitude, but it also depends on the character of the being. I'm waiting for a Hellhound to get bound and your description sounds a bit like him. Although he doesn't want to be tasked at all. I can talk to him about things I would like to have im look into, but he won't take any "orders" (but he will definitely respect my house rules and treat everyone in my family with respect).
Take some time to get to know each other better. You're from different cultures and races after all.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte

AlexCzernosech wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:30 am For CH and other conjurers who work with "color archetype" dragons, black dragons do tend to be described as moody in one way or another. Some individuals may be more task-oriented than social, but they may also test some lines with you, see if you're willing to follow through and enforce the rules you set. It may help if you let her know that it's not personal or meant in disrespect, and that clear communication and accountability is expected from all in your keep (if that's actually the case, that is). There might be some grumbling about it, but it should not be enough of an issue for her to cause trouble over it; if it was going to be a real problem, she probably would not have answered the conjuring call. Based on experiences with my CH black dragon, as long as you're respectful but firm, things should work out alright.
Yes, it does feel like a boundary issue. Maybe she feels like I'm not putting trust in her. I'll check in and see if we can hammer out some of the kinks and figure out how best to get along with each other.

they/them

mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte

ilinga wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:35 am I don't have a bound black dragon myself, as other types of dragons feel more drawn to me, but I read a bit about them, when I was considering one as companion. Dragons for sure can have attitude, but it also depends on the character of the being. I'm waiting for a Hellhound to get bound and your description sounds a bit like him. Although he doesn't want to be tasked at all. I can talk to him about things I would like to have im look into, but he won't take any "orders" (but he will definitely respect my house rules and treat everyone in my family with respect).
Take some time to get to know each other better. You're from different cultures and races after all.
Yeah, I have a few companions that just want to hang out and aren't really interested in having a lot of work. Like, if I asked them to do something, they would try to help, but in small ways. Some of my companions are mostly here to network and make new friends with other spirits they wouldn't have the chance to meet otherwise lol Like I have a trio of mermaid sisters that I've never been able to really sense in my space until a new spirit arrived, and then they were suddenly around hanging out with the newbie lol

they/them

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Sounds like more of a DA issue than a Black Dragon issue. It could be her testing you to see what she can get away with, or it could be her perceiving you questioning her as an attack on her abilities. Who can say?

I would recommend having a sitdown with her and explain what your expectations are and that you don't mean any disrespect. Also make sure to listen to her and let her explain why she's doing what she's doing.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte

stormdancer wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:43 am Sounds like more of a DA issue than a Black Dragon issue. It could be her testing you to see what she can get away with, or it could be her perceiving you questioning her as an attack on her abilities. Who can say?

I would recommend having a sitdown with her and explain what your expectations are and that you don't mean any disrespect. Also make sure to listen to her and let her explain why she's doing what she's doing.
Yeah, I talked to her last night, and we worked it out. I think she has boundaries like anybody else does and being a bit grumpy is just her way of telling me not to overstep them. I know I'm the same way lol we're alike in that respect. She let me draw a tarot card to see how her task panned out without getting frustrated with me. She later offered her opinion on something (I forget what), so I know we're on good terms now.

I think she probably has a similar history as me in that sometimes getting loud and giving an attitude is the best way to make some people back off and leave you alone. Who knows what living with other black dragons might be like lol but there's no animosity between us. She also seems fine with being tasks in general, she just thought I was questioning her abilities and I was being annoying asking about the results of her workings.

they/them

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Yeah, this type QUESTIONING!!! That is a black dragon thing. My awesome black dragon is sensitive and intense. He wants to be tasked and then live it alone from my part. He expects total trusting in his leadership. Which, I frankly give it to him. Then both of us rest in peace....at night. Its happened in the past, he had to be placed outside in my car, if he couldn't regulate himself and he was too intense. But he is great now and I am sleeping with his vessel.

Black Dragons would read human energy within a blinking of an eye. They know things about us especially our fears. They are dark art for a reason. They want you to change your energy to be more commanding and do not fear her. Respect her and know that little about them, they can handle far more than a human is ever be capable of.

So, own your binding, your black dragon and her power. She chose you for a reason and start making sense to her without power struggles. Be firm and friendly, trust her and respect her amazing capacities. Get to know her as a human who command respect from the realms for yourself, and in return give her your trust to work together on tasks that usually you can't really handle. Think of a Doberman, who needs constant stimulus and they are powerful guards.

Black Dragon is non social but that is NOT antisocial. There is a vast difference. They need their alone time. They are direct and love being ACKNOWLEDGED and tasked. No offering for a black dragon. But I inviteted him to take up residence in my car to be his personal dungeons.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte

ASTER wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:31 am Yeah, this type QUESTIONING!!! That is a black dragon thing. My awesome black dragon is sensitive and intense. He wants to be tasked and then live it alone from my part. He expects total trusting in his leadership. Which, I frankly give it to him. Then both of us rest in peace....at night. Its happened in the past, he had to be placed outside in my car, if he couldn't regulate himself and he was too intense. But he is great now and I am sleeping with his vessel.

Black Dragons would read human energy within a blinking of an eye. They know things about us especially our fears. They are dark art for a reason. They want you to change your energy to be more commanding and do not fear her. Respect her and know that little about them, they can handle far more than a human is ever be capable of.

So, own your binding, your black dragon and her power. She chose you for a reason and start making sense to her without power struggles. Be firm and friendly, trust her and respect her amazing capacities. Get to know her as a human who command respect from the realms for yourself, and in return give her your trust to work together on tasks that usually you can't really handle. Think of a Doberman, who needs constant stimulus and they are powerful guards.

Black Dragon is non social but that is NOT antisocial. There is a vast difference. They need their alone time. They are direct and love being ACKNOWLEDGED and tasked. No offering for a black dragon. But I inviteted him to take up residence in my car to be his personal dungeons.
This is good to know, thank you. So they don't really expect offerings? I think she indicated she would mind being given some, but she doesn't demand them as payment like some of my other companions do. My Beyllaydi Elf in particular wants regular offerings, which I'm inclined to give her, of course, and so does my Golden Djinn. I'll have to figure out some way of showing my dragon how much I value her and her abilities :)

they/them

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I never do offering on demand. I take it to heart what's in the encyclopaedy. Black dragon's not given offering. Other beings offered some things but I want to choose what I can and when I give it to them. I won't give into demand. I don't demand my beings to do things for me either.
mochi.icecream wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:23 am
ASTER wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:31 am Yeah, this type QUESTIONING!!! That is a black dragon thing. My awesome black dragon is sensitive and intense. He wants to be tasked and then live it alone from my part. He expects total trusting in his leadership. Which, I frankly give it to him. Then both of us rest in peace....at night. Its happened in the past, he had to be placed outside in my car, if he couldn't regulate himself and he was too intense. But he is great now and I am sleeping with his vessel.

This is good to know, thank you. So they don't really expect offerings? I think she indicated she would mind being given some, but she doesn't demand them as payment like some of my other companions do. My Beyllaydi Elf in particular wants regular offerings, which I'm inclined to give her, of course, and so does my Golden Djinn. I'll have to figure out some way of showing my dragon how much I value her and her abilities :)

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Dragons”