Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nobody
Zodiac:

Hiya! I'm new here, but to give a brief description I've been spirit keeping for a few years. I mainly just kept my spirits as family and for companionship. However recently I decided that I wanted to work on learning/developing my psychic abilities.

I would love to find a teacher or mentor who could assist me with this process! ^^ Hopefully this isn't too much to ask!

Happy Valentine's day and have a great day/night! Thank you for reading! :)

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

||.||

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
Zodiac:

Welcome to the forum! Hugs and love!

I have found that everyone here on the forum is a mentor and also a student. We are all on this journey together ❤️ We may all be on different paths but we are always discussing these types of things.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

The right mentor finds you when you're ready for them, more often than being paired as a result of actively seeking them. You will have mentor(s) come in when you're not particularly looking for them.

Some tips though:

1. Don't ignore seemingly random thoughts and images that pop into your mind, as they aren't likely to be random at all. They are either tethered to the unconscious mind (which is a pathway into the psychic and so opens you to development opportunities should you follow), or being conveyed by an external presence. People miss all of the chances they have to build on intuitive awareness by letting things slide as being 'random' or 'meaningless' constantly. It is safe to apply meaning to things you usually would not when you're seeking to train your senses, as long as you don't lose track of the task at hand.

2. You can distinguish between fantasy and psychic connection by paying attention to what you choose to think about/control the thought process of, vs. what seems to occur independently of your thoughts. There is no such thing as passive thinking or having thoughts that you cannot explain - again they either come from the unconscious (the easiest way for spirits etc. to get through to you via reference) or are the result of another mind/energy interacting with yours.

3. Don't push too hard to make psychic phenomena happen. Relax and trust in what surfaces. Learn to silence your mind so that you can receive psychic awareness (activation of the secondary mind, second sight). Silencing the mind doesn't mean sitting around doing nothing/having no thoughts, often it occurs via distraction, when you're concentrated on a specific task. For instance as I type this I am concentrated on this specific task, my mind cannot wander, and therefore it is easier to notice the 'background noise' of spirit communication and phenomena around me. The same thing happens as you're drifting off to sleep - you rest with the intent to sleep and will more easily receive phenomena of the psychic nature.

4. Piggybacking off of that last point - yes you can train your senses between sleep states and this is in fact the most convenient and consistent way to do so. A lot of people will tell you that you can't meditate lying down or be anxious over the potential of falling asleep, but that's a mistake and a waste of perfect opportunity. You can get in practice every single day just by centering it around your sleep cycle.

5. I'd recommend blue lotus tea as an aid to meditation outside of sleep if you want assistance gently plying the psychic mind to reception - but that's if you're comfortable and it does not interfere with any medical conditions you may have, medications you're taking, etc.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:19 am The right mentor finds you when you're ready for them, more often than being paired as a result of actively seeking them. You will have mentor(s) come in when you're not particularly looking for them.

Some tips though:

1. Don't ignore seemingly random thoughts and images that pop into your mind, as they aren't likely to be random at all. They are either tethered to the unconscious mind (which is a pathway into the psychic and so opens you to development opportunities should you follow), or being conveyed by an external presence. People miss all of the chances they have to build on intuitive awareness by letting things slide as being 'random' or 'meaningless' constantly. It is safe to apply meaning to things you usually would not when you're seeking to train your senses, as long as you don't lose track of the task at hand.

2. You can distinguish between fantasy and psychic connection by paying attention to what you choose to think about/control the thought process of, vs. what seems to occur independently of your thoughts. There is no such thing as passive thinking or having thoughts that you cannot explain - again they either come from the unconscious (the easiest way for spirits etc. to get through to you via reference) or are the result of another mind/energy interacting with yours.

3. Don't push too hard to make psychic phenomena happen. Relax and trust in what surfaces. Learn to silence your mind so that you can receive psychic awareness (activation of the secondary mind, second sight). Silencing the mind doesn't mean sitting around doing nothing/having no thoughts, often it occurs via distraction, when you're concentrated on a specific task. For instance as I type this I am concentrated on this specific task, my mind cannot wander, and therefore it is easier to notice the 'background noise' of spirit communication and phenomena around me. The same thing happens as you're drifting off to sleep - you rest with the intent to sleep and will more easily receive phenomena of the psychic nature.

4. Piggybacking off of that last point - yes you can train your senses between sleep states and this is in fact the most convenient and consistent way to do so. A lot of people will tell you that you can't meditate lying down or be anxious over the potential of falling asleep, but that's a mistake and a waste of perfect opportunity. You can get in practice every single day just by centering it around your sleep cycle.

5. I'd recommend blue lotus tea as an aid to meditation outside of sleep if you want assistance gently plying the psychic mind to reception - but that's if you're comfortable and it does not interfere with any medical conditions you may have, medications you're taking, etc.
I always enjoy reading what you write Vipera. Thank you for sharing this.
Where is a good place to purchase blue lotus flower? I saw some on Etsy but there are mixed reviews.
🖤

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

When starting out, JOURNAL your attempts and their results.

Also, attempt to see things that are verifiable in the physical world. “What color will X be wearing when I see them tomorrow?” Then write the question and your answer in the journal. Then hit the actual result after you meet up with X the following day.

Chatting up your spirits about the layout of streets in Atlantis is an interesting was to pass the time, but it’s unverifiable. For training purposes, use things you can concretely verify.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

*interesting WAY to pass the time

*JOT the actual result

I wish we could edit posts.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Moonlight_Warrior
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demons
My magical/paranormal name...: Nobody
Zodiac:

Thank you all for the helpful feedback! I appreciate it greatly! :)

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Sysygy wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:45 am
I always enjoy reading what you write Vipera. Thank you for sharing this.
Where is a good place to purchase blue lotus flower? I saw some on Etsy but there are mixed reviews.
🖤
Thank you, I appreciate that.
I've had personal contacts who grow or directly source blue lotus and have commenced the process of blooming my own recently. I think the best way to do it is to keep it personal, but I know that's not always possible. Etsy can be good but one definitely has to feel out who they buy from. It's not that rare to come by blue lotus sellers, however it's the way they are sourced, handled, packaged, and the energy behind that all which makes the difference. One I've had from Etsy is sold by WildBloomBotanicalsA (searching that will turn up their shop), and I thought it was just as decent as the other sources I'd sampled. Gets a bit pricey depending on how much you want, but a little goes a long way.. you could literally steep 3 shriveled pretty little petals and have all that you need as long as you're in the right mental space. The aroma and taste is also breathtaking, imo.

Cheers.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Quick note: I was looking up Blue Lotus, and discovered it is a member of the lily family. Keep it FAR AWAY from any cats in your household, as all aspects of lilies are toxic to cats. I know someone who had an indoor/outdoor cat, who got lily pollen on himself from flowers in a neighbor's garden, and succumbed to kidney failure.

If you bring Blue Lotus into your home, or try to grow one, make sure it's safely kept where your cats can't get anywhere near it.

Having said that, I did follow that Etsy link, and I am curious to try it at some point. If I do, it will be stored somewhere that no pet can get at it.

Return to “Message Board - Wanted/Classifieds”