Can gargoyles keep away unwanted attention from people?

IMirth
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 2
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hi. I'm new to Creepy Hollow and just discovered this site 2 days ago. I've spent hours reading as much as I can. I'm intrigued with spirit keeping. I understand gargoyles are loyal and fierce protectors of their humans, especially from unwanted/malevolent spirits and preventing accidents. But what about more mundane situations such as being harassed by an annoying human? I.e. at a rowdy bar, stuck in public transport, etc. Is there anything a gargoyle can do in such instances to maybe distract or put off the trouble maker? Are gargoyles the best spirits for these types of situations? Would appreciate anyone who would like to share their experiences if any regarding this. Thank you!

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

While my gargoyles are mostly concerned about my safety and protection, they also follow other tasks given to them.
You can give your spirits tasks to help limit how often you encounter troublesome or annoying people. This can also help with the bonding process. Gargoyles like having a job to do.
From my experience with my keep, it's usually my vampires and werewolf who are good at keeping the annoying ones away.
My vampires are tasked and are great at keeping people with guns away from my home . (I live in a really bad area).
Even my werewolf can keep away barking dogs from bothering me, surprisingly well.
Working with tasks can help if you have goals in mind.

🦇♦️🦇
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

IMirth wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:55 am Hi. I'm new to Creepy Hollow and just discovered this site 2 days ago. I've spent hours reading as much as I can. I'm intrigued with spirit keeping. I understand gargoyles are loyal and fierce protectors of their humans, especially from unwanted/malevolent spirits and preventing accidents. But what about more mundane situations such as being harassed by an annoying human? I.e. at a rowdy bar, stuck in public transport, etc. Is there anything a gargoyle can do in such instances to maybe distract or put off the trouble maker? Are gargoyles the best spirits for these types of situations? Would appreciate anyone who would like to share their experiences if any regarding this. Thank you!
While taking nothing away from Gargoyles and what they can do, I'd think of Volkhs when it comes to personal space protection etc. I've mentioned a few times how, when an annoying or potentially threatening person has started to come close, I've drawn my Volkh's attention to it and they've suddenly lost interest or moved away. They can feel like a hulking bodyguard presence.

(Avoiding conflict in the first place is the best form of self defence.)

The other side of this is influencing people's minds and beliefs about you, for which I'd think of Creepy Hollows dragons that have that ability. For example the Western Brass Dragon and Western Blue Dragon. Ideally both.

See also https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... protection

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
IMirth
new here
new here

Sysygy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:38 am While my gargoyles are mostly concerned about my safety and protection, they also follow other tasks given to them.
You can give your spirits tasks to help limit how often you encounter troublesome or annoying people. This can also help with the bonding process. Gargoyles like having a job to do.
From my experience with my keep, it's usually my vampires and werewolf who are good at keeping the annoying ones away.
My vampires are tasked and are great at keeping people with guns away from my home . (I live in a really bad area).
Even my werewolf can keep away barking dogs from bothering me, surprisingly well.
Working with tasks can help if you have goals in mind.
Thank you for your feedback!

IMirth
new here
new here

Lewk wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:22 am
IMirth wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:55 am Hi. I'm new to Creepy Hollow and just discovered this site 2 days ago. I've spent hours reading as much as I can. I'm intrigued with spirit keeping. I understand gargoyles are loyal and fierce protectors of their humans, especially from unwanted/malevolent spirits and preventing accidents. But what about more mundane situations such as being harassed by an annoying human? I.e. at a rowdy bar, stuck in public transport, etc. Is there anything a gargoyle can do in such instances to maybe distract or put off the trouble maker? Are gargoyles the best spirits for these types of situations? Would appreciate anyone who would like to share their experiences if any regarding this. Thank you!
While taking nothing away from Gargoyles and what they can do, I'd think of Volkhs when it comes to personal space protection etc. I've mentioned a few times how, when an annoying or potentially threatening person has started to come close, I've drawn my Volkh's attention to it and they've suddenly lost interest or moved away. They can feel like a hulking bodyguard presence.

The other side of this is influencing people's minds and beliefs about you, for which I'd think of Creepy Hollows dragons that have that ability. For example the Western Brass Dragon and Western Blue Dragon. Ideally both.

Thank you Lewk! I think a Volhk will be my first spirit acquisition based on your recommendation.

IMirth
new here
new here

IMirth wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:00 pm
Lewk wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:22 am

Thank you Lewk! I think a Volhk will be my first spirit acquisition based on your recommendation.
I just bought one today!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

IMirth wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:00 pm Thank you Lewk! I think a Volhk will be my first spirit acquisition based on your recommendation.
You're welcome.

But don't forget that, as the article I linked to explains, we need to be realistic when we think about protection. And I'd say we need to work closely with our protection spirits, rather than expect them to just rescue us (which they'll still no doubt try and do). That can mean listening and talking to them and using our intuition - which is a great first line of defence.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
IMirth
new here
new here

Lewk wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:57 am
IMirth wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:00 pm Thank you Lewk! I think a Volhk will be my first spirit acquisition based on your recommendation.
You're welcome.

But don't forget that, as the article I linked to explains, we need to be realistic when we think about protection. And I'd say we need to work closely with our protection spirits, rather than expect them to just rescue us (which they'll still no doubt try and do). That can mean listening and talking to them and using our intuition - which is a great first line of defence.
Yes I understand. I currently work with another occult/magick system and just very recently decided to add spirit keeping. I am cautious and don't go out inviting problems. I look for protection to buffer situations that are not instigated by me.

Return to “Gargoyle”