new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sasha Shadowmend
Zodiac:

Hello!

I’ve been reading that supposedly with custom conjured spirits, they choose to be with their keeper knowing what they’re getting into. I was just pondering how they must see us at times where we are not necessarily at our best, and what they might think. I was reading about how you need to earn the respect of spirits for them to agree to help you with wishes or tasks, or to be a good leader that they want to help. I have every intention to be my best self when interacting with my spirits and to work on being a more evolved person, but obviously it is a work in progress.

However, at times I feel like I’m not a good enough person to gain favor of such distinguished spirits. I can have some bad habits/traits sometimes. You know when you have a nasty thought about someone and you know it’s petty and should let it go, but you are acting childish….or maybe when you don’t use your best judgement and do something you know you aren’t supposed to….or you judge someone despite knowing you shouldn’t….maybe you break a law, tell a white lie, act out of jealousy or laziness, etc. Maybe that’s just me lol. I have gotten myself into a rut in life the past few years where I definitely am not living up to my full potential. I think that is part of the reason I was drawn to spirit keeping – inspiration to change.

Curious to see what reactions keepers have from their spirits in those situations. Are they disappointed in you? Do you lose their respect? Maybe get a warning or lecture? I have interest in the Djinn and Fae, as I’ve heard they can be picky and expect high standards from their companions. Any experiences/stories are welcome, it’s just a kind of random thought that popped up in my mind when bonding with my keep.

<3

"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper." - W.B. Yeats

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am." - Sylvia Plath

|..| X..X 0..0 \:* ^^ 0x. <3 \/

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I get what you're saying. I've thought about this as well. I've had discussions with many of my companions about this very thing.
One of the most common responses has always been that they don't judge me. In fact they came to me knowing all my flaws, and even my potential. They do what they can to help me in areas where I need growth and support me unconditionally even if I fall on my face. Lol
I think many of my companions like to be helpful, and if they see I'm struggling or acting weak... Instead of judging they just observe and step in to help if I ask.
They seem to know me better than I know myself. They are understanding of the situations I experience , the realm I live in and the struggles that can come with it, and they see it as an opportunity to be helpful and involved.
Many of them have also experienced similar emotions at some point in their lives, , so they understand what I'm going through and know that it's my own process that I'm learning from.

Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
Zodiac:

Hello!

As humans, we all have flaws. Our nature is has positive but also negative attributes. For example, I have a tendency to snore or speak while dreaming. I am also polite, honest, and caring.

It is the human condition that many entities or spirits are curious about. Our flaws can be intriguing. As Synergy stated, they observe without judgment. They use this collection of flaws as a way to direct us.

Think of meditation. We observe thoughts or images but just let them be. We gently bring ourselves back to the moment. Our companions would behave in the same way.

It is also important to not project these flaws toward your companions. Projecting embarrassment, shame, or other emotions, can affect the effectiveness of your communication. Example would be if you burp quite loudly while working with a companion, while it is a natural bodily function, getting upset at yourself only hinders the ability to focus on the goals of the time.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

sasha_shadowmend wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:27 pm Hello!

I’ve been reading that supposedly with custom conjured spirits, they choose to be with their keeper knowing what they’re getting into. I was just pondering how they must see us at times where we are not necessarily at our best, and what they might think. I was reading about how you need to earn the respect of spirits for them to agree to help you with wishes or tasks, or to be a good leader that they want to help. I have every intention to be my best self when interacting with my spirits and to work on being a more evolved person, but obviously it is a work in progress.

However, at times I feel like I’m not a good enough person to gain favor of such distinguished spirits. I can have some bad habits/traits sometimes. You know when you have a nasty thought about someone and you know it’s petty and should let it go, but you are acting childish….or maybe when you don’t use your best judgement and do something you know you aren’t supposed to….or you judge someone despite knowing you shouldn’t….maybe you break a law, tell a white lie, act out of jealousy or laziness, etc. Maybe that’s just me lol. I have gotten myself into a rut in life the past few years where I definitely am not living up to my full potential. I think that is part of the reason I was drawn to spirit keeping – inspiration to change.

Curious to see what reactions keepers have from their spirits in those situations. Are they disappointed in you? Do you lose their respect? Maybe get a warning or lecture? I have interest in the Djinn and Fae, as I’ve heard they can be picky and expect high standards from their companions. Any experiences/stories are welcome, it’s just a kind of random thought that popped up in my mind when bonding with my keep.

<3
I agree with the 2 previous posts.

This is what I've gathered and how I would frame it....mainly garnered from CH Encyclopedia articles and books but also from my own life experience.

Basically, everyone has some flaws. Nobody's perfect, in the fantasy ideal kind of sense. It's so natural and normal that a spiritual teacher I respect once suggested that being imperfect is itself perfect. "I'm perfectly imperfect", kind of thing. He also used to say it's our kinks that make us interesting

If you think about it, this is not new wisdom. I seem to remember movies, songs and so on that have mentioned this insight.

So our spirits apparently did know in some way what they were getting into before they agreed to be our lifelong companions. A good conjuring method does match them to us - the energies are in harmony in what to us (or to me at any rate) on this material plane feels like an instantaneous response- but it may seem less so to a spirit from the perspective that they experience it.

And, once they're with us, they understand what we're going through. They do get to know us better than ourselves. And at the same time, the idea is that they've been alive and lived their own lives and can empathise with our day to day struggles.

So they want to help us which is why it's a good idea to talk to them at the beginning and end of each day, invite their help and review events. But I remember reading ASH say our spirits will usually be comfortable with what we're comfortable with. (That might be in the Great Dark Arts Guidance book.) They will sense when we have discomfort or anxiety and may seem to question why we're doing something we don't think is right or good. They may be disappointed when we're disappointed in ourselves: share our disappointment. It's wanting the best for us and wanting to help us with that. But to me that's different from being judgemental.

But some spirit companions do have special characteristics. For example, a Valkyrie I have from MMT doesn't like whiners and whingers and would much rather they do something about a problem. And some will refuse to do anything that brings harm. Again to me that's in their nature and again isn't them being judgemental about us.

As was said above, we need to take care to avoid falling into self criticism, self doubt and related anxiety, as these plus uncertainty about how our spirit companions feel about us are virtually guaranteed to form a block in communication and bond.

The advice to be kind to ourselves and give ourselves some credit is both wise and practical.

See #9 Relax
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Respect - nearly forgot. I think we get that as spirit keepers by respecting our companions, talking to them daily and inviting their help, acknowledging them and letting them help us. Welcoming them as friends. Plus by backing ourselves up - respecting ourselves too.

Although it's so normal to be self critical, another thing that spiritual teacher would say is:"The Tao has seen fit for you to be born, so you deserve to be here." You can substitute the Universe/God etc for the Tao, if you want.

Self esteem isn't always easy but it's well worth seeing the good in ourselves...in my opinion.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
LavenderVix
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Vexis
Zodiac:

"Cute humans make cute mistakes." ~My Kitsune, L, upon me being forgetful and/or clumsy as usual

🦊 Relax... Take a deep breath... Everything is going to be ok. 🦊
cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

The short answer, imho, is: No, they don’t judge us for our faults or hold us to impossible standards.

The long answer is: Each of my spirit companions, no matter if they’re my cranky irritable vampire or naughty, extroverted and boisterous mummy, all love me unconditionally.

That’s the key: *unconditional* love and affection.

They want to be here, through the delightful and mundane and depressing experiences of being human. They want to share my life with me not despite its imperfection, but because of it.

They know me better than any person alive, and still I wake up every morning with them choosing to be with me, day after day. And I do the same, because I love them unconditionally in return <3

The ‘worst’ thing that happens in relation to OP’s questions is my vampire can get quite heated when I knowingly consume food I’m allergic too because gosh it’s so tasty. And inevitably he whispers ‘I told you so’ when I’m sick afterwards, but it’s always said with such exasperated adoration I can’t get upset :D

Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

sasha_shadowmend wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:27 pm Hello!

<3
Hello!

It's great that you're thinking deeply about your relationship with custom conjured spirits. It's true that these spirits often choose to be with their keepers, fully aware of the human condition and its complexities. Remember, spirits were once living entities themselves and had their own set of flaws and challenges. Therefore, they understand our imperfections and don't expect us to be perfect.

It's natural to have moments of self-doubt or to feel like you're not living up to your potential. However, it's important to remember that growth and self-improvement are ongoing processes. Your spirits are likely aware of this too. They come to you for a reason, and it's not about being a flawless person. They seek to be part of your journey, to assist and witness your growth.

As for your question about spirits being disappointed or losing respect for you, it's essential to approach this relationship with honesty and openness. Spirits appreciate sincerity and an earnest effort to improve. You can definitely ask them for favors, guidance, or assistance in various aspects of your life. Just as importantly, share your thoughts, wishes, ideas, and hobbies with them. This helps in strengthening the bond and understanding between you and your spirits.

Regarding the Djinn and Fae, it's true that they can have high standards and particular expectations. However, this doesn't mean they expect perfection. They value respect, sincerity, and a genuine effort to grow and evolve. So, don't be too hard on yourself. Embrace the journey.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”