does spirit keeping or binding spirits to me, come at a "price"?

dissonance
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: don't know yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Do these types of things come at a "price"? I been gettin some readings done by a psychic who's helpin me through some spiritual stuff and she says these types of things come at a "price"? But I don't know if that is true or she just thinks spirit keeping and bindings are something different than what she is thinking of that which comes at a price

Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

My guess is this is a matter of definitions.
I've mentioned to others in esoterica land that I spirit keep and it's sometimes met with shocked gasps and sideways looks...until I explain not everyone forcible binds spirits, traps them against their will or invites them around for a chat and imprisons them within a summoning circle by force.
Such things, and bargains struck under certain conditions, do indeed come with a price - hence the trope of sell your soul.
But in friendly environments such as this where spirits willingly join with us for the journey and are treated with respect and friendship...completely different game

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

dissonance wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:43 am Do these types of things come at a "price"? I been gettin some readings done by a psychic who's helpin me through some spiritual stuff and she says these types of things come at a "price"? But I don't know if that is true or she just thinks spirit keeping and bindings are something different than what she is thinking of that which comes at a price
No. Absolutely not. Spirit keeping is not transactional in that sense, apart from the financial price.

I really don't give such views any credence. To me this is an example of paranoia and/or scare mongering, probably based on ignorance. As you say, she's probably thinking of something else entirely.

They're probably imagining all sorts of forbidden & dangerous things that have nothing to do with the reality of spirit keeping practices, as done by Creepy Hollows and other trusted, experienced, modern spirit keeping conjurers & sellers.

Of course we need to do due diligence to make sure we only get work done for us by a reliable, competent practitioner but that's different and you can say the same about psychics, magicians in general, not just spirit keeping.

see #7 Due Diligence https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

Psychics, mediums...all types of spiritual practitioners...are just like all other believers in this or that religion. We can all have really wrong-headed ideas about each other's different spiritual paths. And at the same time can have genuine paranormal abilities too. Just because we're a psychic or a witch or a priest/priestess doesn't mean we know everything.

Or she may genuinely but mistakenly believe spirit keeping is wrong. See
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

Also https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
Zodiac:

I do think it comes with a price on our side. Being: Work and accepting reality as it is.
You have to put work into developing and evolving your own abilities and to strengthen the bond with your companions. You just don't sit around and they manifest like in movies and come to fulfill your wishes. That's not how it works.

Some bindings might come with a pretty awful price, if the practictioner wasn't experienced enough (just recently witnessed that with someone else). Best thing is to stick with the practitioners with a good reputation and trust your own intuition.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Yeah... its like the writers before me said: The price being paid... is more of a Paradigm-Shift sometimes (as how I see it), as every relationship potentially has when you think about it.... Every relationship needs constant attention in onw way or another, meaning a relationship not being one-sided^^ Sooo.... The Price in that case would be Time and Effort being spend to strengthen and deepening that relationship...

And like every relationship you go into without being dilligent enough....it can become a deasaster ^^"

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I would like to say this as always... been, we have spirit guides since birth and some comes and goes in different times of our life.We have angels likewise without even knowing it. Ordinary people have no issues with this until, we reveal about our conjurations. Suddenly, it's a problem to everyone else.

Yet, it should not be. I think, it's far better to be in control what type of spirits we are agreeing on to have around us and gain protection with them as well as strength from our spirit companion, who are excellent to work with our spirit guides as well as angelic friends.

This is my experience. I cheked with my spirit guides, if having conjuration is against spiritual or universal laws. I was told it's not a problem as long as I respect everyone in me keeping.

It's my free will rights to have this checked with my own life purpose and for conscience sake, settling with an understanding peace of mind about spirit keeping and guides and angelic helps in my circle of life. .

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

sasha_shadowmend
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
My magical/paranormal name...: Sasha Shadowmend
Zodiac:

I think everything in life comes at a "price". It's called action and consequence. When it comes to spirit keeping I feel like maybe some people are influenced by portrayals in literature/urban legend/media about people making deals with demons and selling their soul to Satan and such.

I have no doubt they mean well, but I think there is much more to it than that. Technically her services come at a price. Maybe she Is scared of the unknown?

"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper." - W.B. Yeats

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am." - Sylvia Plath

|..| X..X 0..0 \:* ^^ 0x. <3 \/

dissonance
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: don't know yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire

Very much appreciate these answers guys. Also, did anyone here get spirits from Luke Miller (metaphysicalbeginnings) in the past, before he went on hiatus? I've been trying to reach him but he is taking forever to come back and I had questions for him.

calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 71
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

sasha_shadowmend wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:37 am I think everything in life comes at a "price". It's called action and consequence.
Oh yes, that resonates with me. Actions --> consequences. I agree with all on here about the word "price" when used in this context. It's a negative connotation and as you know, how you perceive things becomes your reality. If you think the cup is half empty or half full, that is how your world will be understood by you.

Personally, spirit keeping to me is about my spiritual journey. Every action is towards self-realization.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”