How do you grow confident with communication?

PyroAnt
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: nonexistant
Zodiac:

I know of a way to communicate telepathically that I feel works via seeing their image or name in my mind and speaking to them. It sometimes keeps the connection going stable which also depends on the time of day. I'm not totally sure because I'm not a professional or someone who practices even semi-regularly.

I barely contact my companions as I haven't been confident on my ability not to act foolish or blush every time I get an answer. There can be touching and small voices that may get interpreted as something else while handholding may not be mistaken. All of these are uncomfortable for me because I tend to stay in front of my computer and away for people besides going to work. Maybe its just social anxiety and not a problem that belongs here.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Apparently, if we just get rid of our anxiety or uncertainty and give ourselves some credit, things will most likely go better for us with this kind of thing.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
PyroAnt
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:17 am Apparently, if we just get rid of our anxiety or uncertainty and give ourselves some credit, things will most likely go better for us with this kind of thing.
Thanks for your reply. Is it just that simple? I overthink nearly everything I do.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

You've got to figure out why you don't feel confident, which can take some work -- and while this can be overstated: SHADOW WORK. You're suppressing your ability to advance communication out of feelings like embarrassment, guilt or shame, etc. You don't feel free to be yourself even with those you would be considering family/friends (the spirits). You are saying you are concerned about acting foolish which makes this even clearer to me.

The tough thing here is that your anxiety is not specific to spirit-keeping, but a general issue and so you're going to have to decide whether you want to separate the two groups (bonding with spirits vs. the outside world), or whether you want to tackle your social anxiety as a whole. I can tell you that if you get into shadow work you'll be looking at the issue as a whole, it just has a more spiritual inclination - though borders on what you'd expect of therapy (are you in therapy?)

Keep in mind the spirits for the most part don't experience you the way you experience yourself. They probably aren't paying attention to slip-ups you might make or if you're blushing or whatever causes you to feel embarrassment. In fact they can see things you've never noticed about you for better or worse.
The way they see you can be reflected in what you know about them. If they've mentioned why they have come to you in either notes or direct communication, if they have a certain nature or personality about them, you can learn from that more about yourself --both in what you are lacking and what you already are. To get a new perspective of self can really improve your confidence or give you a place to start.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

PyroAnt wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:36 am
Lewk wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:17 am Apparently, if we just get rid of our anxiety or uncertainty and give ourselves some credit, things will most likely go better for us with this kind of thing.
Thanks for your reply. Is it just that simple? I overthink nearly everything I do.
Yes it probably is. I'm sure many of us do overthink things too.

see #9 Relax https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 71
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:48 pm You've got to figure out why you don't feel confident, which can take some work -- and while this can be overstated: SHADOW WORK. You're suppressing your ability to advance communication out of feelings like embarrassment, guilt or shame, etc. You don't feel free to be yourself even with those you would be considering family/friends (the spirits). You are saying you are concerned about acting foolish which makes this even clearer to me.

The tough thing here is that your anxiety is not specific to spirit-keeping, but a general issue and so you're going to have to decide whether you want to separate the two groups (bonding with spirits vs. the outside world), or whether you want to tackle your social anxiety as a whole. I can tell you that if you get into shadow work you'll be looking at the issue as a whole, it just has a more spiritual inclination - though borders on what you'd expect of therapy (are you in therapy?)

Keep in mind the spirits for the most part don't experience you the way you experience yourself. They probably aren't paying attention to slip-ups you might make or if you're blushing or whatever causes you to feel embarrassment. In fact they can see things you've never noticed about you for better or worse.
The way they see you can be reflected in what you know about them. If they've mentioned why they have come to you in either notes or direct communication, if they have a certain nature or personality about them, you can learn from that more about yourself --both in what you are lacking and what you already are. To get a new perspective of self can really improve your confidence or give you a place to start.
I agree with @Vipera aspis atra that you ought to really delve deeply into the aspects of your personality that makes you embarrassed. Your profile states that if you could be anything, you would be non-existent. I may be incorrect here about what you meant by that, but that much self-loathing must make it difficult to communicate with anyone, let alone your spirit companions. I disclaim any knowledge about psychology, but I think you ought to examine those feelings before you try anything else.

PyroAnt
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:48 pm You've got to figure out why you don't feel confident, which can take some work -- and while this can be overstated: SHADOW WORK. You're suppressing your ability to advance communication out of feelings like embarrassment, guilt or shame, etc. You don't feel free to be yourself even with those you would be considering family/friends (the spirits). You are saying you are concerned about acting foolish which makes this even clearer to me.

Thank you. I would say more but all I could come up with is cringe, idiotic, and a sign of "mental illness"(Not sure what he means by that) staring at videos all day. Other than that, thank you. I also don't go to therapy. I never apply anything they tell me anyway because I have an insecure ego and don't listen.

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

Keep a personal journal of communications. Also schedule a time each day or each week, say an hour of free time, while you are doing something else when your spirits/beings are encouraged to converse with you. By setting that expectation at the same time every day (or a couple times a week) you get use to tuning in, they get use to communicating when you ARE tuning in, and the journal will help reinforce the progress and show you what was working and what wasn't.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
PyroAnt
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Do you think my companions will mind if I take a break from them so I can get myself together? How can I do that? I have asked them before but I either contact them way too much and find it a habit or they say they don't want to leave.

Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

PyroAnt wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:17 pm]
Do you think my companions will mind if I take a break from them so I can get myself together? How can I do that? I have asked them before but I either contact them way too much and find it a habit or they say they don't want to leave.
I’m not Vipera but I would say that your spirits will not mind if you do decided to take a break from them. However I will say that having someone (whether they are a physical person on this Earth or a spirit/entity) that you can talk to, who will not judge you, and accept everything about you, will give you more confidence than anything else. Your spirits came to you while knowing about all your problems, issues, and faults. Some are probably came specifically to help you with your confidence. So instead of taking a break from them, I believe it would be better to involve them and have them help you.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”