What's the meaning behind dreaming of the associated animal of a spirit?

RebelliousPluto
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Kaida
Zodiac:

Hi!

So, I am completely new to spirit keeping and I received my first spirit companion (an Itla dragon) back in February of 2022.
I haven't been putting much time as I'd like into connecting with him and figuring out HOW to connect. Even though, I did read up on the CH forum and found useful information for beginners and alike. I have been trying to meditate and played games to strengthen communication (but no progress so far). I even bought 2 books on the CH shop about Spirit Keeping and found a few YT channels who provide information on this topic. It's not that I blindy went into this, but I still have a lot to learn! :8)
It's just that the methods I have been using to connect with him haven't paid of (yet! or they're just not the right methods for me).

Unfortunately, the past year I've been experiencing burnout and lots of changes in my life. This is why I haven't been feeling well enough to do much spirit work. :.?

Anyway, it's been a few months now and I am trying to look for/be open to any signs he's maybe trying to give me.
Last night I think I received a very obvious sign! :@ I dreamed I had a Siamese cat as pet (which is the associated animal for Itla dragons O.Op ). In this dream I kept the cat in a designated room for weeks... I didn't take much care of them but when I opened the door to see them, they were very happy to see me and overall had a chill vibe. I felt guilty for neglecting this beautiful siamese cat but they did not seem bothered at all and just wanted to stay by my side. (oh yeah, and the cat looked completely healthy!!)

This dream is exactly like how I am feeling towards the situation with my new spirit companion! This might be his sign to let me know it is okay I haven't been giving him much attention... but I am used to finding out my dreams have a more decrypted and deeper meaning beneath the surface. ^..^
I also keep in mind that this dream MIGHT JUST have been a manifestation of what I would like to hear from my spirit companion... but maybe I'm just doubting myself too much. :p)

I was wondering if anyone else has had such dreams and/or if there's another aspect to this dream that I'm missing :@

Blessed be!
~ Kaida

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

First off, trust your intuition/gut/whatever. If you feel it's your Itla, it probably is. If you're still not sure ask them to send you a sign to confirm that the dream was from them. Just be warned, Siamese like to talk, so you may have a lot of meowing in your future. :3 8))

Spirits have a longer view than us humans. They understand life gets in the way, and we're not always "open" to communicating with them. They are extremely patient and are willing to wait until the time for bonding is right. Don't doubt it and trust the process.

Personally I feel I have WAAAAY too many spirits and they still keep calling. I'm starting to feel like the spirit equivalent of catnip LOL. x*D Every now and then I feel guilty about not being able to bond as closely with everyone as I would like. Or I am too focused on my own problems that I don''t bother to get to know them better. They keep telling me not to worry about it, those things will come in time.

It happens to all of us.

If you want, start out small. Say "good morning/night" to them. Tell them how your day was. Talk to them as you would a friend. I find it is helpful to hold/wear their vessel while doing this. If I talk out loud I feel like I'm talking to them and not to mayself.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

RebelliousPluto
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Kaida
Zodiac:

stormdancer wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:46 pm First off, trust your intuition/gut/whatever. If you feel it's your Itla, it probably is. If you're still not sure ask them to send you a sign to confirm that the dream was from them. Just be warned, Siamese like to talk, so you may have a lot of meowing in your future. :3 8))

Spirits have a longer view than us humans. They understand life gets in the way, and we're not always "open" to communicating with them. They are extremely patient and are willing to wait until the time for bonding is right. Don't doubt it and trust the process.

Personally I feel I have WAAAAY too many spirits and they still keep calling. I'm starting to feel like the spirit equivalent of catnip LOL. x*D Every now and then I feel guilty about not being able to bond as closely with everyone as I would like. Or I am too focused on my own problems that I don''t bother to get to know them better. They keep telling me not to worry about it, those things will come in time.

It happens to all of us.

If you want, start out small. Say "good morning/night" to them. Tell them how your day was. Talk to them as you would a friend. I find it is helpful to hold/wear their vessel while doing this. If I talk out loud I feel like I'm talking to them and not to mayself.
Hi there Stormdancer! :8)

Thanks a lot for your reply! This really helps! ()

I talk out loud to him almost everyday! But I never received a sign (not like this), but it didn't occur to me to ask him for it :p)

By the way, nice to hear spirits are so attracted to you! Is there a particular way they tend to communicate with you? Just curious! 0:)

Oh and I'll definitely be on the look out for any talkative (Siamese) cats in the area! 8.)

Cheers!

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

It's very common traditionally for spirits to have more than one form. In the Norse Tradition even humans have many "spiritual forms" to themselves, including our bodies (hamr) our luck personified (Wyrd) and more. It makes perfect sense to me that a spirit would shift its form to something perhaps less intimidating. Remember some of what we see in our minds when projecting or interacting is how we can interpret things. A 200 foot tall dragon may be something your mind can't deal with without fear causing a block, or without the size and form being hard to comprehend at first, so the form of a Siamese cat would be far easier to comprehend. After all, they have no reason to intimidate you, why present as something massive and menacing when their real goal is interaction (much as a cat wanting time with their companion human)?

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

RebelliousPluto wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:06 pm ...
By the way, nice to hear spirits are so attracted to you! Is there a particular way they tend to communicate with you? Just curious! 0:)
Sometimes I get images, sometimes I get emotions, and I can "hear" them in my head. 99% of the time I talk to them telepathically.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Charles_Odinforce wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:31 pm It's very common traditionally for spirits to have more than one form. In the Norse Tradition even humans have many "spiritual forms" to themselves, including our bodies (hamr) our luck personified (Wyrd) and more. It makes perfect sense to me that a spirit would shift its form to something perhaps less intimidating. Remember some of what we see in our minds when projecting or interacting is how we can interpret things. A 200 foot tall dragon may be something your mind can't deal with without fear causing a block, or without the size and form being hard to comprehend at first, so the form of a Siamese cat would be far easier to comprehend. After all, they have no reason to intimidate you, why present as something massive and menacing when their real goal is interaction (much as a cat wanting time with their companion human)?
Some very good points here!
I experienced even with lucid dreaming, that it's easier for my mind to work with things easier to grasp, like something I recently saw or are more used to seeing. When I had strong lucid dreams with some of my companions, they didn't look like they usually manifest, but they resembled things I'm more used to. Like the colour of my gryphon didn't match up with her description or my incubus looking slightly different. But their energies still match.
RebelliousPluto wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:05 pm Unfortunately, the past year I've been experiencing burnout and lots of changes in my life. This is why I haven't been feeling well enough to do much spirit work. :.?
Don't worry too much. Our companions often want to help, but if there are situations they can't provide any tangible support, they don't mind at all if you focus solely on yourself. They just want us to get better soon.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”