VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nocturne
Zodiac:

0x. Before I begin asking my question, context.

I just received a letter from social security informing me of my birth father's death. In hindsight I believe my Spirit Family-or perhaps he-was showing me signs for the past month; spotting a truck identical to his, seeing a lot of grateful dead merch (he liked that band). But the big sign for me was yesterday. I had off from work for Lammas, but I had a migraine, so I just stayed in all day. As I was pouring myself some oat milk, I was bombarded with mental images of his face, and I struggled to make it stop. Then today the letter came.

My birth father was very abusive to me growing up, and I have medical problems today as as grown man due to the severity of his abuse. This man tormented me in life, and I know he will torment me as a spirit. He has done things that I cannot type about, however My Spirit Family are very aware of the extent of his abuse towards me, my birth mother, and also my childhood pets.

It is vital that I have his spirit banished from me- permanently ! I understand that Creepy Hollows has banishing techniques on their site, however this is a blood relative who had psychopathic behaviour in life (including stalking) , as well as a criminal record. I don't see any reason to believe that he would not continue this behaviour now as a spirit.

How do I banish this malicious spirit? 0x.

^^ 0x. Stay Morbid 0x. ^^
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Some methods:

1.) If you have protective spirits in your keep, or work with a god/dess you can ask/petition them to block the presence of this spirit permanently from you.

2 a.) You can ritually denounce the connection from your bloodline/spiritually emancipate yourself from this relative.
I would suggest getting rid of any/all belongings directly connected to that person before you start, cleanse your space, so that the only remaining 'link' that is direct would be yourself - being of his blood.
Then you do a purification ritual of your blood.

If you're able to safely take a small sample of your own blood and place it on a paper or cloth, this is ideal. You will then either write on the paper 'I emancipate myself from the spirit (your birth father's name) of my blood', submerging in a bowl of water as you do so. Or you can say that as you submerge the cloth in water.
You will seal this with 'as this water cleanses the blood so does it remove that spirit tether for all time from me'. Then you will dispose or proceed from there as intuited, the act is done. Ask that a higher power you believe in or spirit you trust reinforce the action.

2 b.) If you do not wish to draw blood you'll do a form of graveyard magic; take an item or piece of item that belonged to this person or that you would heavily associate with them if that's the only option you are left with, you utter the same sentiment 'I emancipate myself from the spirit (his name) of my blood', then make clear that the object (which should be the only thing left directly connected to him in your possession) represents the lingering tether,
BURY the thing in dirt somewhere (after first asking permission from the land spirits of that spot to do so.. you will know if they disagree with it because you won't be able to continue),
and as you seal that up in the earth make it known that as you bury that object you are letting the tether rot and die. You should feel clear of the intruding presence within some days but it can bring memories to the surface to reconcile and so heal you of the influence on an etheric level.

You should opt to work with underworld deities or spirits in any of these options.

3.) Form your own ritual using appropriate associations (the right herbs, colours, scents, etc. for banishment purposes). In this case you should allow yourself to feel every emotion that surfaces as a result of the spirit's intrusion, pour it ALL into the process, and once you have let it all out you will declare what you want to happen -- this culminates the energy between what you've summoned of your emotions along with the will and strength to conduct this, and of course the aid of that magical enforcement in the associations you've involved.
When you declare what you want to happen, don't do it as if you're wishing or hoping.. do it from a place where you know that once you say it, it will be done. Have confidence in your declaration of what is taking place. The spiritual realm recognizes this as truth and the magic will be sealed. You then dispose of the remnants from the rite. Dispose of them in a way where they will leave your home immediately after. If you throw them in the trash, take out the trash.. it would be a nice symbolic gesture of you not only literally but spiritually 'taking out the trash' from your presence (the spirit's intrusive presence).

If one thing doesn't seem to work then you can do all of the things.. but also be aware that in banishing something that is this connected to your life and has caused you so much personal pain, you could notice you are pressed to do related - yes I am about to say it - shadow work. It's a heavy thing for you so while you can rid yourself of the spirit I'd expect you to experience residual stuff. A word so that you don't feel you've failed at banishment if discomfort arises thereafter.

Have faith in your ability to set this boundary, it will be done.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

This thread and above comment was really helpful. As it's a thought I wonder about a lot of the time.
Some people believe those who are abusive may just return to divine source, and end up coming back as a human again, to learn the lessons all over again etc. I'm a little so so on that though because, ofc I wouldn't know the answer to what happens to an abusive person's death.
There was an elder witch I personally knew of in the past, she's no longer alive, and she did some kind of curse work on my ex-partner's abusive ex-boyfriend -- like this guy would still send me tons of messages saying he ran into her etc all the time when he was living --- then years later he was murdered. She told me his soul would not "resurface" again ...but I think the knowledge she has is something she died with since it was all within her Romanian family. But it was something that did affect her own lifespan. He deserved it imo because he would physically harm my ex-partner and attempted to traffic her, and continue to stalk her even when he knew she was seeing me at that time.
Also OP I can relate, I have a similar fear, as my mother was extremely abusive for more than 20 years of my life..physically, emotionally, psychologically, financially.. complete with harassment, stalking, all the typical things a malignant narcissistic person does. Wasn't able to escape permanently until a whole year ago when I moved for the second time. My own grandparents passed and have appeared to me before.. so I get worried sometimes about this same thing in the back of my mind.
I have a stronger belief she won't be able to actually be a bother to me once she passes because I have such a strong spiritual team though. So I say the same thing.. you can accomplish this.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

[my self] nonbinary trans ftx (she/her) / plural / diviner
[my 'practices'] cyber sorceress / necromancy / demonolatry / chaos work / kitchen witchery
[my patrons] belphegor, set, morrigan, thor

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with my spiritual guardian, "Victor," or "L," who is an angelic entity.
DveneKY
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel and Volkh
If I could be anything, I would be...: Source
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DveneKY and AzurA

When people die, their spirit don't behave like humans do, depends upon how they died & what was their last train of thought. Their spirit can see and understand from a whole big picture if they choose to do so. It's unjustified to be defensive about a human spirit. Set your boundaries, talk if contact made by them, i guess talk it out and reconciliate. Make peace for the dead. Even Enemies in war are given a funeral and a graveyard out of compassion

Velca
new here
new here
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Satyr
Zodiac:

I agree with everything said above, and offer another perspective for you to digest.

What happens when you pass on, no one can truly say. We all have theories, but since nothing can be confirmed, it'll forever remain a theory that makes sense to you personally.

I believe that when we pass, we are onto the next life experience which could vary. In the simplest of terms, I believe we all are connected & ultimately make up one source of energy. I believe that an energy signature of individuals who pass on still exists, but only is able to stay alive through someone in the physical realm giving life to this energetic signature.

Some are able to transmute that energy & see someone who was once abusive, present themselves as enlightened. Sometimes the trauma associated with said person is too strong at the time to transmute that, so the energy remains as it is. But either way, YOU have the power in how this energy comes into your space, if at all. The more you work through your feelings towards your abusers, the less relevant their energy becomes because there isn't the resentment weighing down this energy, keeping it present & alive.

While this isn't an invintation to debate my beliefs (as theres no point) it is something to sit with & see if anything of my beliefs make sense for your experience.

I came to this belief of how energy works ultimately after I left my abusers who are also involved in the metaphysical. They are still alive (unfortunately for all humans & animals alike) I was never worried about any type of curse from them for a varety of reasons, but I realized as the months have gone by of unpacking trauma, coming to terms with things etc, I realized how much these past people's energy became more & more irrelevant.

The only way I could describe it as is just noticing how much 'lighter' everything energetically, even physically felt; and how in response my own energy had more space to influence my life rather than the sludge of gross energy taking space. As my resentment faded, so did their existence (in the sense of the years of trauma impacting my day to day life. Early on during the healing process my body kept shivering all day & night even though I wasn't even cold. It was pretty insane stuff and I later found out animals do this to release trauma after escaping a predator etc)

Goodluck on your healing journey friend! The very fact that you are able to even acknowledge that part of your life & are approaching this from a place of taking control already shows growth. Give yourself some grace during all of this as the healing process comes & goes in phases. *>*

Start and end every conversation with laughter.
VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nocturne
Zodiac:

0x. I would just like to thank you guys for taking the time to respond. It's been a rough week for me, but I'm still going. thank you again! 0x.

^^ 0x. Stay Morbid 0x. ^^

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”