How do you not get freaked out by manifestations?

Osean
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

I don’t get freaked out by it at this point. Sometimes I may be startled because I’m not expecting it. Usually I will smile and say well hello to you too.

Tokala
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

Getting freaked out is your rational, 3D mind's response.

If anything, spirits and manifestations are natural and normal. The absense is what is abnormal. Perhaps looking at it that way can help. Do you jump and get skiddish when a person walks by you?

Although, getting jumpy because of temperature changes is also a nervous system thing. If a person was attacked, for example, the body will remember if it has not released the trauma.

Then it's not the manifestation that is the issue, but an unresolved emotional response from something bad that happened.

LavenderVix
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Vexis
Zodiac:

Kvedulf133 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:20 pm Hands around your neck?? Oh heck no.
Yeah it was terrifying. The (ex)friend I was staying with apparently has messed with black magic in his past and done something terrible, and whatever it was that attacked me was just attached to him from that time. What honestly woke me up wasn't the feeling of being choked, but my Rabbit at the time thumping her feet. They do that to warn other rabbits of danger, so I guess in a way she kinda saved me.

🦊 Relax... Take a deep breath... Everything is going to be ok. 🦊
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

bunny wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:07 am How do you not get freaked out when your spirits manifest? Sometimes I get so jumpy that even temperature changes freak me out, and I'm almost two years into this! I love knowing that my spirits are here with me but sometimes I'm not sure I'm ready to see the physical signs even when a bigger part of me begs for the opposite.

How do you guys come to terms with this?
You'll get freaked out, and it's ok. The first time my Keep manifested to me (my 2nd week into Spirit Keeping), I freaked out. I apologized and thanked them at the same time.

Apologies for not getting used to it yet—my head was deeply rooted in the old teaching that "old spirits are evil." So I asked for time.
I thanked them for taking the time to reach out and let me know that they were there. I really appreciated the gesture, and it felt like such a lovely reward for all my efforts. I also thanked them for their patience, and for going along with my slow pace.

I asked them to help me open myself up so that I could hear, feel, and other ways of sensing their manifestations.
I do sometimes (very rarely now) get freaked out by my Fylgia, but only when he's doing something kinky. Lol. He's the most active in my Keep and I love him for that, but when it does happen, I just tell myself that it's how they show love to you. So try to let loose and let them be themselves, and then you'll see a difference.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7

Think best advice I could give...is to relax...

Certainly had it happen...remember a demonic that I was lucky enough (in multiple ways) to connect with. First night he appeared....well I was spending the first night in a random camping location I'd never been and misunderstood the energy when it appeared. Spent the night with self defence tools nearby expecting a human to attempt a break in and planning on packing up early the next day.

The conjurer contacted me the next day asking how we'd bonded...and I was to embarrassed to admit I'd completely misread the energy and where it was coming from. Haven't felt that energy since and still regret how I likely not only offended the spirit, but failed the greeting.

It's OK to get spooked by things, especially walking a path such as this...some new experiences can be...heh...different...but sometimes you also need to embrace the fear and leap into the unknown.

Good luck with your journey =)

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family
Eternal Manifestation
new here
new here
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Natazio Lucas

bunny wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:07 am How do you not get freaked out when your spirits manifest? Sometimes I get so jumpy that even temperature changes freak me out, and I'm almost two years into this! I love knowing that my spirits are here with me but sometimes I'm not sure I'm ready to see the physical signs even when a bigger part of me begs for the opposite.

At some point you'll get used to it, and will become natural.
I actually look forward to all manifestations, at times they wake me up in the middle of the night to show me things.

bunny
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon

Thank you all for your advice and thoughtful replies. I'll work on relaxing when my spirits manifest :)

Amberly
venerated member
venerated member

I've gotten desensitized by it. Every day, I get some sort of manifestation; most of the time they get REALLY close to my face. The only time I get startled anymore is when I'm half asleep and I "bump" into one as its guarding my bedroom door when I open it OR one walks around the corner and I try to avoid tripping over them thinking they are one of the cats. Other than that, I got used to all of their manifestations. I think it's fun.

~Amberly~

Dare to be Different; Dare to Dream ~ Moi/ME
I'm the village crazy lady, that's my job ~Grandma Tala (Moana)
Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something ~Morihei Ueshiba
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion

I'm just kind of used to it by now. They get more active and in-your-face the more comfortable I become with them. By now, I regularly have objects around my house moved, and see things that "aren't" there out of the corner of my eye. I can also have lengthy telepathic conversations, though I don't hear the actual words - I just get the idea of the words. I was daydreaming earlier today and my Dullahan popped into my inner vision as a headless man riding a horse, carrying a Jack-o-Lantern. I startled, and then we both had a good laugh about it. He knows not to show me anything too gruesome!

cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

That's the neat part: I always do! xD

I'm naturally a nervous, jumpy person, and no amount of experience or knowledge (so far) is going to stop me from getting spooked occasionally. I have explained this in great detail to each of my companions, so they won't take offense if I get startled or scream.

I have set hard boundaries with them- such as no touching, absolutely NO touching for ANY reason unless my life is in danger, and otherwise they are allowed to talk to me or physically or psychically manifest during certain hours of the day, or enter my dreams on specified nights (barring emergencies and such). This helps me have more control over my experiences and in a sense, know what's coming so I'm not so easily startled.

I also invite them to simply spend time with me, in meditation, watching movies or other hobbies, so we can used to each other's energy. If I am already used to how their energy feels, I'm far less likely to jump when I turn around and see them- I'll simply recognize them!

My spirit family leader is also sensitive to my nerves, bless him, and is constantly reminding the others to tone down their energy, or to obey the boundaries I've set. He'll often give me a psychic nudge before someone manifests as a head's up. So I have someone also looking out for me so I'm not startled suddenly. :)

Return to “General Questions”