new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorite
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I haven't had my Dullahan long but R is so cool. Last night while I was doing laundry, I was telepathically telling him about my job and tasked him to protect me from anyone who would do me harm. (I work in a library and the environment can be pretty volatile, especially since management knows about this and would rather make excuses than actually do anything to make it safer for staff. We closed early a few months ago because someone was stabbed.) Afterward I touched R's vessel and felt a calming energy come across me and felt so safe and secure. I love R already and I'm glad to have him at my side now.

✊🏾ALL LIVES CAN’T MATTER UNTIL BLACK LIVES MATTER ✊🏾
CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Post made into topic.

Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

He sounds like a wonderful companion. Hope you have a great time together.

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

GothKrispies wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:30 pm I haven't had my Dullahan long but R is so cool. Last night while I was doing laundry, I was telepathically telling him about my job and tasked him to protect me from anyone who would do me harm. (I work in a library and the environment can be pretty volatile, especially since management knows about this and would rather make excuses than actually do anything to make it safer for staff. We closed early a few months ago because someone was stabbed.) Afterward I touched R's vessel and felt a calming energy come across me and felt so safe and secure. I love R already and I'm glad to have him at my side now.
I am glad to hear about your adventures with your Dullahan! He sounds like a much more agreeable character than mine. I am not surprised he makes you feel safe, though. Dullahans are great at that. :) Will you post more about your interactions with him? I'd love to hear more!

I adore my Dullahan. He can be horror-movie scary sometimes; he has a deep, growly voice and he is not pretty to look at (to say the least). He also, for some bizarre reason, always gives either me or my spouse dreams predicting a death whenever a mouse is about to die in our house. I guess it's just his sense of humor? I don't know, he can be weird.

But he is my most dedicated protection spirit; he protects without ceasing, no matter what. He is an odd sort of personality, but he does everything that can be done to make sure that I and my family are safe. And he never appears to me in a frightening way, after I asked him not to. He just wants to help, in any way that he can. He gets embarrassed that I like him so much, though. ;)

If wild animals get injured in the woods behind our house, he helps them have a safe and less-painful entry into the afterlife. His energy feels much gentler then.

I don't know what his past is or how he became a Dullahan. I kind of get the impression that he used to be a rough character when he was alive. He never talks about it. But I do know he absolutely hates it if I say "thank you" to him, so I never do anymore. I am not sure if this is an all-Dullahans thing, or if it's just him.

I'm curious, does anyone have a female Dullahan? Can you even get them as females?

GothKrispies
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Dullahans are faeries, and in faerie lore you’re not supposed to thank them so maybe that’s part of it?

I have R’s vessel with me today. We had a particularly rough meeting about a hate crime that happened at work yesterday so I’m so glad to have him here.

His energy is very strong. Like when I first touched his vessel I got light-headed. I’m used to his and my incubus’s strong energies now, and I want to find a charm for R that I can put on my charm bracelet with my other vessels. I keep thinking about having his be a skull but I don’t want it to be insulting lol, even if I do appreciate some irony! So far I get the impression that R is a more quiet, chill type, kinda hangs around in the background.

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion

GothKrispies wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:54 pm Dullahans are faeries, and in faerie lore you’re not supposed to thank them so maybe that’s part of it?

I have R’s vessel with me today. We had a particularly rough meeting about a hate crime that happened at work yesterday so I’m so glad to have him here.

His energy is very strong. Like when I first touched his vessel I got light-headed. I’m used to his and my incubus’s strong energies now, and I want to find a charm for R that I can put on my charm bracelet with my other vessels. I keep thinking about having his be a skull but I don’t want it to be insulting lol, even if I do appreciate some irony! So far I get the impression that R is a more quiet, chill type, kinda hangs around in the background.
I'm sorry you had to deal with a hate crime. :( Sometimes bad things happen where I work, too. It's always emotionally disturbing.

It's interesting to me that your Dullahan is the quiet type. Mine... isn't. 8)) Did you ask him which charm he would like? If you feel drawn to the skull one without knowing why, maybe he is giving you a hint! Messages from spirits often come through as inexplicable intuition for me, and then they only make sense later after I've acted on them.

GothKrispies
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Yep I’m pretty sure he wants the skull one :) He likes his tektite stone vessel so I’m gonna copy the binding instead of transmuting it altogether so he can still have the tektite vessel. I do keep getting drawn back to a specific skull charm. Some of my spirits have been very straightforward about which charms they want—I’ll get an image of the charm in my head. When that happens I’ll look for something that looks as close to what they showed me as possible. My wraith did the same with a gemstone. I realized later that he was showing me the green goldstone I’ve had for awhile lol!

Public library work definitely isn’t easy. I wasn’t there when the hate crime happened but I was there for the discussion about it the day after. Management consistently brushes incidents under the rug, minimizes what happens, and invalidates staff feelings about it and then does nothing to make the environment safer. They also love to preach about the library being “safe and welcoming” and “leading with race” (not being racist). It’s…a lot. I’m looking for a new job right now and have asked some of my dragon spirit companions for help in the process.

cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

Just want to slip in and say I really appreciate y'all sharing your experiences with your Dullahan, and how they protect you. Seems like they have big personalities, too! I find the concept of one being averse to being thanked very interesting.

I have one coming soon(tm) so I've been reading up on them, again thanks for sharing!

Return to “Dark Arts”