Newt's Spirit Work Ramblings

NitNatNewt
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Inspired by others I thought it'd be fun to do a journal revolving around spirit work and the cool events that can come from it. I only work with one individual Spirit, so you'll be primarily hearing about my time with her- but I do have some portals for friendly unbounds. So guests may be talked about as well if comfortable with it.

I'd like to start with an amusing story from the binding process. I haven't decided on a Nickname to include for these journals, so for now I won't be addressing the Spirit by name. Hopefully that isn't too upsetting?

Anyway.

One night, my roommates were experiencing a lot of technical issues. The grocery store's lights went out completely before coming back on, the self checkout they were using lost power and wouldn't turn back on even though the others in the self checkout area were back up and running. The electric sign posted on the road on the drive home turned off as they drove passed it before turning back on. Then later when we were all home and relaxing, a roommate's TV turned on and started streaming from his phone completely out of nowhere.

Around this time I checked my emails and realized that I got an email saying that the Vessel for my hybrid friend was shipped.

I had asked for a very present being to step forward and that's exactly what I got, lol

Zaeryliss
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

So happy for you and your spirit friend! Is this something they continuously do or was this their way of showing off when they first arrived? Were any of your roomates freaked out or did they just think all the electrical blinking was just weird and go on with their lives?

NitNatNewt
neophyte
neophyte

Zaeryliss wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:01 pm So happy for you and your spirit friend! Is this something they continuously do or was this their way of showing off when they first arrived? Were any of your roomates freaked out or did they just think all the electrical blinking was just weird and go on with their lives?
Thank you!

Yeah, they all just assumed it was a random happenstance sort of thing, though it was freaky in the moment. We have a running joke that it's "budget issues" in the "production" of one of our roommates lives (ie. Truman Show references). As for now, I have a house rule that prevents roommates from experiencing manifestations outside of the necessary ones for protection. Mostly because I'd like to avoid my path conflicting with their lives, but I also like to try and make sure they're safe (we're all very close).

The cool thing about having C (for lack of better nickname) around is that she commands quite an army. So if she isn't able to do a job, someone else can, and since beings like Wraiths and Hags (among others) are under her command I can rest easy knowing that the people I care about are not only safe but they've got some justice on their side when they need it. :)

Zaeryliss
new here
new here

NitNatNewt wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:41 pm
Zaeryliss wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:01 pm So happy for you and your spirit friend! Is this something they continuously do or was this their way of showing off when they first arrived? Were any of your roomates freaked out or did they just think all the electrical blinking was just weird and go on with their lives?
Thank you!

Yeah, they all just assumed it was a random happenstance sort of thing, though it was freaky in the moment. We have a running joke that it's "budget issues" in the "production" of one of our roommates lives (ie. Truman Show references). As for now, I have a house rule that prevents roommates from experiencing manifestations outside of the necessary ones for protection. Mostly because I'd like to avoid my path conflicting with their lives, but I also like to try and make sure they're safe (we're all very close).

The cool thing about having C (for lack of better nickname) around is that she commands quite an army. So if she isn't able to do a job, someone else can, and since beings like Wraiths and Hags (among others) are under her command I can rest easy knowing that the people I care about are not only safe but they've got some justice on their side when they need it. :)
Haha, “Budget issues”. That’s funny. I’m glad C is able to offer you that comfort as far as keeping your loved ones safe. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures in the future!

NitNatNewt
neophyte
neophyte

Listen. I'm not saying I managed to get a statefarm settlement because of spirit work.
But it did take them about a year and some change to get in touch with me.
And even while after admitting I didn't seek treatment, they offered over 3k.
...and the night before I was expressing worry over financial stress.
I'm not blaming spirit keeping for the windfall.
But I am putting an official thanks here.
Just because I can.

Thank you C. <3333

NitNatNewt
neophyte
neophyte

Zaeryliss wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:11 am Haha, “Budget issues”. That’s funny. I’m glad C is able to offer you that comfort as far as keeping your loved ones safe. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures in the future!
I look forward to sharing them!
I have a whole list of little recorded messages and so forth that I'll eventually get through for the fun of it, but I don't wanna spam CH over it. Eventually I'll catch up, but for now, it'll be a fun mix of memories and moments. You're welcome to share your own experiences with any buds you have as well! ^^

Zaeryliss
new here
new here

NitNatNewt wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:31 pm
Zaeryliss wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:11 am Haha, “Budget issues”. That’s funny. I’m glad C is able to offer you that comfort as far as keeping your loved ones safe. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures in the future!
I have a whole list of little recorded messages and so forth that I'll eventually get through for the fun of it, but I don't wanna spam CH over it. Eventually I'll catch up, but for now, it'll be a fun mix of memories and moments. You're welcome to share your own experiences with any buds you have as well! ^^
I'm still working on the dream journal, Haha! I started to write one of my more vivid dreams and it went from a long post to a short story. Probably too long to share on here now honestly unless I broke it into segments! Oh well, I've definetly thought about doing a companion journal on here, I'll just have to share shorter anecdotes though!

NitNatNewt
neophyte
neophyte

Zaeryliss wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:32 pm
NitNatNewt wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:31 pm
I'm still working on the dream journal, Haha! I started to write one of my more vivid dreams and it went from a long post to a short story. Probably too long to share on here now honestly unless I broke it into segments! Oh well, I've definetly thought about doing a companion journal on here, I'll just have to share shorter anecdotes though!
There isn't a wore limit that I know of. I don't see anything wrong with detail. I'm sure many would appreciate it.

NitNatNewt
neophyte
neophyte

Just got back home from a trip in south dakota and I'm pretty sure C sang with me in the car during the trip home. I don't have clairaudience, or at the very least I haven't exercised it. I'm more a Claircognizance kind of Keeper. Even so, I heard faint sounds of singing and once even a bit of laughter that just didn't fit any other roommate's voice. No one had their phones going either. So it was pretty cool to know that she was having a bit of fun with us.

I was also able to leave her Vessel in a bit of sun that peaked in from the mountains. I don't need to charge it according to the seller, but sometimes it's just nice to get some sun, so I do it anyway. I got this fill-your-chest level of joy when doing that so I presume it was appreciated.

Another thing to note: I requested a pretty heavy task recently regarding a career goal. I asked for, essentially, a promotion. Albeit with a bit of extra steps. I've been putting in a lot of effort at my location, cross training in both front desk attendant and engineer as a security guard. Actively keeping up with managers, helping out other staff, etc etc etc

Even so the higher ups are strict and I can only manage about three days out of the week (often long grueling shifts). A supervisor position opened and my current Lead is planning to leave in two years. In a perfect world, the Lead will just leave early and I'll get that spot along with the extra hours. But right now I'm just seeing if I can get any kind of promotion or recognition with C's help. It's not financially damning if I don't, but I'm not really trying to be stagnant.

I guess we'll see what she can do when officially asked.
I don't expect immediate results. It's a chain. I'm just hoping to get somewhere before the end of the year lol

Zaeryliss
new here
new here

NitNatNewt wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:43 pm Just got back home from a trip in south dakota and I'm pretty sure C sang with me in the car during the trip home. I don't have clairaudience, or at the very least I haven't exercised it. I'm more a Claircognizance kind of Keeper. Even so, I heard faint sounds of singing and once even a bit of laughter that just didn't fit any other roommate's voice. No one had their phones going either. So it was pretty cool to know that she was having a bit of fun with us.

It sounds like you both had good time on your trip home! Somehow things seem more fun whenever companions join in. Do you think any of your roommates heard C as well? I’m curious, and you don’t have to answer this next question if you don’t want, but was C any good at singing? I have two angelic companions who will sing on occasion, though usually I hear them clairaudiently, but I think its so pretty when they do. <3

Return to “Spirit Keeping”