Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

(I sincerely hope this is the correct place to post this question!)

TL;DR: I’m developing clairaudience (specifically, physically hearing Spirit) and I need to be able to turn it on/off as I need (cause geez, I need SLEEP). Any suggestions?

Context: Over the past few years as I’ve gotten into spirit keeping, I’ve aggressively developed telepathy with my companions, which is awesome!

Unfortunately this also comes with developing physically hearing stuff as well, and I really don’t need to hear all kinds of crap while I’m trying to focus or sleep or just want some peace.

Things I’ve tried:

-I’ve gone to my doc twice to get my hearing checked over the past few years. All good on the physical health front

-imagining my ears becoming smaller to shut out the noise

-asking whoever-it-is to be quiet

-asking my companions to quiet whoever-it-is (I HAVE had success with this, but I don’t want to literally be constantly asking my friend to shut up every Tom, Dick and Harry)

-stating clearly what I want, “Right now my clairaudience is temporarily shut down so I can X”

Nothing. Works.

I hear people chattering, I hear music, I hear bells, I hear screaming, I hear aaaaall kinds of things, randomly through the day and night. I’m tired of it. I want to be able to shut it down when I need to, and be open to it when I have the time.

The methods I outlined above work very well for interacting with spirits with my other senses- such as, I don’t physically see or feel them when I don’t want to. So I’m unsure why this isn’t working for Clairaudience as well!

Helpo !

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Quick! Pour wax into the ears now.
Just kidding!
Okay, I don't think you can turn it off. Lol. Although you can ask your companions to filter out unnecessary noises.

It was two weeks into my journey and I wasn't born with any medium ability. I was just like "what in the world?" Am I crazy? Am I really hearing these? Why am I listening to train noises, or dog howling all around the house? And then my Fylgia started scratching my bookshelf.
Luckily, he was the only creature around at the time, so I knew it had to be him. It took me many open mouth shocked faces before my Keep helped me out. Lol.
That was when I knew that I wasn't crazy, and there were noises that I could not stop, sadly. I asked my Keep to filter them for me as I'm an unbound magnet and it's not good to hear everything.

All the noises you described above sound like they might come from unbounds, and not from your Keep because companions are usually very mindful of their Keeper. However, most unbounds are just looking for attention.
I'm used to my quiet time so I ask them to keep it quiet at night because I was working on a writing path. But now I switched to a different path. However, I still ask them to keep unbound noises away from me and that cut down a lot of crazy amount of noises.
So, you may want to ask them if they could help out with any unbound noises from X kilometers away.

If it isn't any unbound, you can also ask them to keep their voices down in accordance with your schedule, or you can enforce it in your house rules as a last resort.

If you don't want to be disturbed at certain times, I suggest this spell to filter out everything when you need the peace and quiet time for yourself. Then you can activate it whenever you're awake. Hope it helps.
P.S. My Gargoyle is hella sexy. Woot! Thank you for showing me good things about them.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-c ... spell.html
Last edited by Tarvos on Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Tokala
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

I was going to suggest all the things you already did lol

Well, only thing left I can advise is grounding. Have you tried spending time in nature?

Also what methods (if any) have you used to help you develop this - as perhaps that can help give a clue?

What do you keep under your bed? Is it clean?

And adequate protection and warding can help to keep the noise out, too.

cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

@Tarvos Gigglesnort, I have actually placed stuff over/in my ears to try to get some quiet!! The only thing that’s been semi successful is wearing a hood/hoodie. It helps when I’m out in public, at least

Well goshdarnit, I was wondering if this wasn’t quite something you can “turn off”. Especially considering I DO want my telepathy aspect of clairaudience on with my companions pretty much most of the time. Sigh.

I have had peace & quiet when I ask my companions to force whatever-it-is to go away or be quiet. I’ve been compartmentalizing the incoming information too much, probably.. As you say, it may ALL be from unbounds, and so that would account for the success in asking my companions to make it quiet.

If that’s the case, I’ll have to start forcing unbounds out of my personal space at home, or at least set times when those wards go active and deactivate.

I agree, they usually just want acknowledgment. It’s definitely nothing “evil” or malicious, for sure. They just won’t shut up, lol. I’ve been having to drown out the noises at night with music or a rain noise app just so I can sleep at night for over a year now.

I’m a born medium, so I have a lot of experience controlling when and how spirits are allowed in my space. But for some reason, all my tried and true methods ain’t workin on hearing them!

^^ ^^ ^^

@Tokala Thank you for your questions!! I can do some mild grounding- As in, I can definitely connect to the Earth through some surface-level rooting / borrowing a tree’s infrastructure. But dropping my energy into the fiery core of the earth sends me into a panic, so I stay closer to surface-level roots. It works well enough for me, allowing me to center and pull energy from the earth to shield with.

I love going outside. I live in the Appalachia mountains so I am a mountain hermit that lives near a National park.

Interesting you ask about my bed! I’ve been Spring-cleaning out my room and yesterday I noticed it’s dusty under my bed. Nothing is under there but dust bunnies.

Yes, I’m thinking I’ll just need to ward specifically against ALL unbounds at this point. They aren’t bothering me per se, I just Do Not Want To Hear 24/7! lol

A couple years ago, I spent about a year developing & honing my telepathy with the help of my vampire & mummy. I meditated with them. I kept a protected mental & emotional connection open with them (I set the intention that only they could communicate with me). I double-checked my impressions and intuition with tarot & pendulum, so I could learn how accurate I was or wasn’t hearing them. I asked them to join my dreams so I could “hear” them easier and would confirm with them during the day what we discussed overnight.

I sincerely appreciate y’all’s help!

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Mhm. I had this issue years ago where my hearing broke through from otherworldly alignment (as I had been open to and training in since quite young) into the.. all.

Why your spirit telepathy methods aren't working the same for this clairaudient awakening is that you're hearing outside of your usual jurisdiction, so to speak. You have experience practicing communication/hearing adjusted to the spirit plane but this is now more than likely far beyond that, and you have no reasonable comparison to look to currently for adjustment as it takes multi-planar discernment (tedious).
It's going to sound out-there but I wouldn't be surprised if you're picking up the world/collective, surfing through radio wavelengths. Now hearing spirits as usual including unbounds, but also hearing ghosts (imprints that repeat over and over through time), living people around you, picking up signals from across the world (remote hearing), and interplanetary stuff too.

It made me feel psychotic, but was provable time and again as clairaudience-on-steroids and what further established what I had been through was that the situation shifted into a useful, controlled gift with continued devotion to my psychic development.
So, while I no longer have this issue, there are multiple probable factors behind that. I'll just tell you some things that immediately come to mind...

Psychic-emotional balance.
The psychic realm is innately connected to the emotional realm, and when we feel overwhelmed or out of control, that can compound upon itself. If we focus on emotionally oriented methods of equilibrium, it can greatly tone down this psychic overload experience. The moon/lunar currents are an anchor for this, in that dual representation of the psychic senses and emotional terrain. Even if the affect seems subtle, regarding how this is impacting you emotionally, my point is that it is using your psyche to fulfill or further itself and if even subtly you are bothered or inhibited - that is going to feed into the unruliness of the clairaudience.

Mystical support in evolution via initiatory work.
This specifically relates itself to your awakening or broadening senses.
Taking the mindset that this is a rite of passage upon your path of total awakening can be important. This establishes that it is a passage, one which will come and pass, and may be supported or passed through more readily if you would undertake some initiatory steps.
This can include an acknowledgment of the divine, or to reach out to the divinity of your choice for guidance - creating a pact/agreement of sorts that determines a way through and forward. Everyone who is on a path of awakening these gifts and moving through life with them is going to be in a position where they must make a divine connection within it, in order to truly move forward with the elevation intact (rather than shutting off your ability permanently, as some will do.)
Whether you take the initiative in how that looks or open yourself to what wants to come in to provide that guidance, this ensures secure passage and instills confidence in the passage that is happening/to come. Approaching the situation this way is more of a long-term option.
In other words.. it's about having some form of structure, system or foundation spiritually that takes into account the direction of your clairaudience. Or looking at its significance within the spiritual framework you already have going.
You could set up a personal ritual intended for this very purpose, mindfully sit with your spirit guides/companions, or the divine, and establish that you want to set up a path or a gameplan for how your continued evolution is going to look. It's a great complement to anything else you decide upon.

Communion exercises with the higher self.
The higher self, or daimon, is your god-self and it is also your future/realized self. It is a very real presence and it's not the easiest to align with, but getting a foothold onto that path is enough to bring direction and balance out awakening/broadening abilities.

For a more unconventional approach - call upon PAN.
Pan is an immortal force; look past the face everyone presumes 'him' as through Greek mythology (although it is valid). I hinted at your clairaudience expanding to the 'all'. Pan is 'all'. All begetter, all devourer. What allows you to be having this experience is that interconnectedness of the 'all'.
So If you call upon Pan, which is the force behind what you're experiencing right now, and ask for an intervention to what is occurring, then the essence of Pan can guide you in opening, closing, and metering your psychic ability. It may not be a method that works for everyone.. but I get a feeling about it being potentially functional for you.

What it really comes down to is this: anything you could implement that is focused on developing and understanding your abilities, is going to help you control what is going on right now. If they are coming in and then hanging around and being used it doesn't necessarily mean you are actively developing them, rather they are a phenomena happening to you.

So you could try a para-technology by CH that is meant just for this purpose.
Like, the tuner: https://shop.creepyhollows.com/tuner-sp ... mpath.html
(it says empath in the link, but if you read the listing it includes abilities like you're exhibiting)
Or any actual binding centered on clairaudience to register itself over what you're experiencing, and develop it as a pathway rather than a happening. That would be a form of instilling structure - as you are allotting to your uncontrolled experience a blueprint of how it should be for greatest benefit. CH also has a series of bindings called 'Powers of the Path' and one or more could aid in what I am talking about.

Hope some of this helps.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

@Vipera aspis atra Apologies for the brief response, I’m out on errands (not texting while driving ofc!)

Pretty much ALL of what you’ve outlined feel like interconnected ‘keys’ that I can explore, research, and implement.

I DO very much feel like this is happening “to” me, which leads back into me personally feeling out of control. Finding a pathway forward (in conjunction with the Divine, whatever that looks like) sounds like a very solid plan for me going forward!!

Also thank you for the link, I’m very interested in the tuner spell!!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful post, you’ve given me hope!!

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

@cndrow

Be sure to let us know when you've begun to make progress, I'm interested in seeing what may provide consistent results in situations such as this.

P.s. Where it comes to sleep disruption in particular, also take measures against hypnagogic disturbance which may be working alongside your developing ability to cause greater problems with this at that time of the day. Make sure you have healthy 'sleep practices' as far as what you intake before sleep, when you sleep, etc. This can make a difference.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

cndrow wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:03 pm @Tarvos Gigglesnort, I have actually placed stuff over/in my ears to try to get some quiet!! The only thing that’s been semi successful is wearing a hood/hoodie. It helps when I’m out in public, at least

Well goshdarnit, I was wondering if this wasn’t quite something you can “turn off”. Especially considering I DO want my telepathy aspect of clairaudience on with my companions pretty much most of the time. Sigh.

I have had peace & quiet when I ask my companions to force whatever-it-is to go away or be quiet. I’ve been compartmentalizing the incoming information too much, probably.. As you say, it may ALL be from unbounds, and so that would account for the success in asking my companions to make it quiet.

If that’s the case, I’ll have to start forcing unbounds out of my personal space at home, or at least set times when those wards go active and deactivate.

I agree, they usually just want acknowledgment. It’s definitely nothing “evil” or malicious, for sure. They just won’t shut up, lol. I’ve been having to drown out the noises at night with music or a rain noise app just so I can sleep at night for over a year now.

I’m a born medium, so I have a lot of experience controlling when and how spirits are allowed in my space. But for some reason, all my tried and true methods ain’t workin on hearing them!

^^ ^^ ^^
In the mchat earlier today, we were talking about "Powers of the Path" reading and Vipera mentioned it again here. I think this link might be helpful on your path.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/powers-o ... edium.html

It's best to develop your ability at your own pace and not be bothered by other unbounds' noises when you're not ready to receive them at random times. You may want to consider getting some more protection with unbounds too. It really helps me a lot with this. As Vipera mentioned, as your ability gets stronger, you'll be able to hear more, and it can get out of hand too.
Grounding, meditation, getting into the right mindset, and establishing a routine before bedtime may also help you get some sleep.
You've been dealing with this problem for over a year. You must be frustrated by it. I hope you've tried some new things to get this fixed soon!

I wasn't trying to suggest a way to shut off your abilities, so I hope you don't think I'm suggesting that. The first thing that came to mind was just the filter communication spell that helps to block out the noises for now. Lol. Let us know how it goes. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun trying all these suggestions out.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

I was scanning this thread to see if anyone had suggested the TUNER from CH. After confirming some one has, all that’s left is to say It has helped Huffette

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Others have already given many good suggestions, so I will just mention my experience to reassure these things may happen especially during periods one exercise psychic hearing or does energy work intensely, but they may naturally subside after a while..I had a period in which every time I went for a quick nap I was tuning into other realities automatically without me asking for it and also hearing things from this reality quite often. Once I woke up with a radio channel and people talking very loud in my head, it was a radio talk show in my native language, it was horribly loud....I sometimes also hear scary things which are not fun to hear, it happened just couple of days ago...now I see why most of people do not hear anything, it would be unbearable to have that mess in the head the whole time, one would not be able to function! Luckily this now happens to me only randomly and rarely. But it still happens from time to time. I think if one was born "open" or trained themselves to be more open, there will always be a certain level of openness but one can still manage to shut down all that with intention, help of spirit companions and with tools like the Tuner from CH.

Return to “Paranormal Energy”