Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Darkness Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Naggath

Hello, I would like to hear your opinions if these rules are fair and reasonable. I do plan to sometime in the future work with beings that are along the side of DA/BA, so I would like to make sure there’s no room for possible error.

——
Clan “N” Rules

1.Act Responsibly.

This is simply enough. Don’t go around making thoughtless decisions that can hurt me or your fellow clan members.

2. Defend Me And The Clan

As a member you will defend me, yourself, and your clan members from any threats to the best of your abilities if required. This includes malicious beings, magick, and other magical and non magical threats.

Regarding myself, notify me of any threat and then immediately go and get rid of it if possible or steer me away from it. This should be done without my verbal or telepathic

3. Don’t destroy or tamper with electronics.

This is simple. Don’t mess with any of my personal technology, it’s expensive and I don’t want to replace it.

4. Manifestations

Simply put, you are free to manifest to me in any way that is reasonable and without causing me harm in some way. You are not allowed to show yourself directly to any of my family members. This does not include sleep paralysis that only invokes fear, if you have something to show me then this is a last resort.

Do not take the form of anyone I know personally to try and trick me or prank me.

5. Punishments

If someone does wrong me or throw hostile magic at me, you are free to act accordingly with reasonable consequences. However if harming this person in anyway brings me misfortune DO NOT go over board and act modestly.

And to ensure sound judgment meet with three fellow clan members and see their opinion on the subject and how it should be handled

6. Be Hones

If I ask you something seriously, I require you to ask honestly without any wordplay, missing details, or being sneaky and talking in riddles

7. Non-Clan Entities

You are free to bring around any entity that you’d like as long as they wish me no harm and follow all rules accordingly. If they are not capable of this and you do not trust them to do so without hesitation then they are not allowed in my space.

8. Taking care of yourself

If you need to leave for an extended period of time, within earth time, please notify me and at least two other members in the event I do not hear you and cannot get into contact with you.

Don’t overwork yourself when it’s not needed.
——

And that’s it, please tell me what you think and where I can improve. I appreciate you for reading.

Draz’Khal
neophyte
neophyte

Also do I need to read out rules for them to understand or just print it and place it out for them to read it?

Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 377
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

I have no experience whatsoever with any BA magick or BA spirits so I won't speak on rules for them, however what I will say is your rules sound a little..overly stern I'll just say.

Please remember that while our companions should follow house rules, they should also be treated with love & respect including when making rules for them. (Any of my rules & tasks for example start with please.) Also, I do suggest you put the rules up for them yes once you make them along with reading them to your companions also. (That's what I do.)

That being said, if you are interested in a DA House Rules Support Binding through the shop here, I have this one & it's been very helpful to me.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... spell.html

\:*

💗Spirit Family💗 377

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Good 👍🏻 start. Maybe 🤔 try not calculate with evil, when you give out house rules to your companions regarding behaviour. I think @Luna Lysithea did sum it up very well, the main things to be adjusted in your draft.

I do have the house rules binding from Ash. Comes with code words to add to it or change your house rules if you like. Please use the link she provided to check it out.

You’re on the right way to accomplishing this not so easy rule setting exercise. Don’t worry…I struggled a bit with it myself too. Simplistic and direct voice goes a long and gentle way with your keep.

Gray Mongrel
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 20
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Starling Dandelion
Zodiac:

I would say try a more assertive tone than aggressive. I see you used the word "you" a lot in this rules and they have an air of giving out orders rather than making up rules for what's important for yourself to be respected. Try to replace some of the language with more first person centered wording like you'd address a friend when you need to talk about boundaries rather. Also just a personal opinion you don't need to get into BA when you can achieve the same results with DA or even WA. For DA entities the rules are detailed enough but I would just change the wording as I said since like the people before me mentioned, your spirits are like friends/family and should feel respected.

> she/they - enby <

8*8 Spirits
Star Angel, Astral Angel, Diwata Faery, Star Faery, Drac, Amphithere Dragon, Pearlscale Dragon, Psy Vampire, Gryphon, Volkh, Fylgia, Caladrius, Centicore, Hallow Hound, Kitsune, 3 Guides, 2 Wild Kingdom
8*8 Living Entities
Indigo Unicorn, Traherect, Marshaltuk Soulmate, Falwer-Niamstrum Soulmate, Uvok Twin, Ghiseul Twin
Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

I agree with Luna that these rules are a bit stern. In my opinion, a spirit that was properly conjured and vetted should treat their keeper with respect and able to discern what they can and cannot do and make sure that their actions will not bring negative consequences to their keeper. Thus all of my rules are more of “suggestions” and explaining to them that this is what I am comfortable with. For most part I let my companions to decide what action they can take and how much.

As for when to say house rules, I think that depend on personal preference. I said my house rules every time I welcome a new member to the family.

Draz’Khal
neophyte
neophyte

Luna Lysithea wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:36 am I have no experience whatsoever with any BA magick or BA spirits so I won't speak on rules for them, however what I will say is your rules sound a little..overly stern I'll just say.

Please remember that while our companions should follow house rules, they should also be treated with love & respect including when making rules for them. (Any of my rules & tasks for example start with please.) Also, I do suggest you put the rules up for them yes once you make them along with reading them to your companions also. (That's what I do.)

That being said, if you are interested in a DA House Rules Support Binding through the shop here, I have this one & it's been very helpful to me.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... spell.html

\:*

What should I remove specifically? And what should I considering adding?

When I was making them initially I was trying to be precise so there’s no room for interpretation, but I’d like to get another minds opinion on exactly what could be problematic

VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

0x. The majority of my Spirit Family are Dark Arts. When I welcome a new Spirit into Our Family I just have a conversation with Him or Her about what is and is not acceptable. I don't have any written/posted house rules (yet) that are official, except for 2 or 3 specific things. I have never had any problems with any of my Spirit Family.

I have had an issue with a lingering guest Spirit though, who was grabbing my Spirit Significant Others's face. I solved that problem by buying my Spirit SO an Evil Eye Bracelet. And so far so good!

As for your house rules, I think most of them are fine, just worded a bit too firmly. Especially if your Spirit Family are all White Arts.
#1 is a given, Spirits already know not to do this.

#2 is great, but to be expected if you have protector Spirits. For example, my Gargoyle Spirit Friends already stand guard because that's what They do naturally. In my opinion, unless I, say, want one to guard my bathroom, one for my kitchen, and one in my bedroom, then I would be specific with Them. Otherwise They just do what Gargoyles do best!

#3 can simply be "Please do not touch or manipulate my electronics". I honestly think Spirits have to have a lot of energy in order to manipulate them in the first place. At least Spirits who are conjured by a responsible conjurer for companionship. In the 2+ years I've welcomed Spirits into my life from Creepy Hollows, I have only experienced technology manipulation 2 or 3 times. Every single time it was my phone. I left it screen down on the kitchen counter, and went off into either the bathroom or bedroom. I originally had a youtube video playing on my phone before turning the screen off. Some 30-45 minutes later I heard the video automatically start playing right where I paused it. This is the most a Spirit can do.
In my opinion, if you have something that can break or explode if one of your Spirits were to touch it, then this rule is understandable. Explain this to Them, They'll listen.

#4 Fair enough. I have a similar rule, but I word it as "You are free to manifest yourself in any way you wish as long as it causes no physical or psychological harm to me, my birds, or the Other Members in Our Spirit Family".

#5 Nothing should be changed here.

#6 "I request that all Spirits in Our Clan be honest and communicate with me in a way that is easy for me to understand". Simple as that.

#7 Perfect.

#8 Also fine.

I hope my advice helps! 0x.

EDIT: Also want to add that I agree with Luna. Spirits need love and respect, including Black Arts Spirits. I wrote rule #6 in a way that suggests that you want your Spirits to feel included, and that you know They'll be respectful to you. The way you worded it is aggressive, and says that you already possess a preconceived notion, or you expect your Spirits will try to deceive or confuse you.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Draz’Khal wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:54 am Hello, I would like to hear your opinions if these rules are fair and reasonable.[...]
Rather than get drawn into critiquing what you've come up with yourself, I want to make a plea to you to reconsider using ASH's recommended house rules.

He recommends those house rules for a reason - for good reason. Personally I'd strongly recommend to DA beginners that they take advantage of that free expert advice - especially if you plan to work with darkest side of DA, closer to BA, as I think you've said.

I also feel you may be a bit off the mark in other ways too, as others have commented.

I think I gave the link to his recommended DA house rules in one of your threads before. Here it is anyway...

topic42051.html
Last edited by Lewk on Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Draz’Khal
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:38 pm
Draz’Khal wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:54 am Hello, I would like to hear your opinions if these rules are fair and reasonable.[...]
Rather than get drawn into critiquing what you've come up with yourself, I want to make a plea to you to reconsider using ASH's recommended house rules.

I'm just going to repeat what I think I said in an earlier thread of yours. Basically, you don't need to reinvent the wheel. I say this respecting your right & freedom to disagree. But as a beginner who''s planning to work with the darkest DA, close to BA, is it wise to try to plow your own furrow?

If you're not yet a DA Master - in which case you wouldn't be asking this question? - why not simply start by following the recommendations of ASH, who *is* a longtime master of such things. After you've gained more experience, you may then be in a better position to customise your house rules a bit.

I think I gave the link to his recommended DA house rules in one of your threads before. Here it is anyway...

topic42051.html

He recommends those house rules for a reason - for good reason. Personally I'd strongly recommend to DA beginners that they take advantage of that free expert advice - especially if you plan to work with darkest side of DA, closer to BA, as I think you've said.

Respectfully, yes we all have the right and freedom to ignore advice from experts. But why would you even want to? Especially if you're new to this stuff?

I also feel you may be a bit off the mark in other ways too, as others have commented.
I’ll make sure to use them

Return to “Spirit Keeping”