Everyone needs inner child work

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

It doesn't matter who you are or what path you are on. Everyone needs to pay attention to the inner child.
Consider what you loved and were drawn to in childhood, but also what hurt you, and what shaped you. You know what it is. That time is the most important time of your existence, it tells the most. It may be painful, it may be wonderful. That is the key to greater reception to the spiritual realm. Realize, recognize, and confront the child self.

If you wish to share anything about your inner child here, please do as it can help others as well. Let this be a designated safe space for the inner child healing, revelation and input.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

I cant agree more. As much as I have tried to heal my innerchild and connect with it. I still keep going back to it. a lot of spells CH seems to be adding and removing but there is one called neverending story and it helps you reconnect to your innerchild i cannot wait to get that paid off to try it.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Perhaps this is why I have seen the most success in my Journey currently. I agree, healing the Inner Child is incredibly beneficial.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner

This is very important. A lot of my trauma happened at a very young age. I let my inner child out whenever I can.

Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 66
Zodiac:

I suffered a lot of serious trauma in my childhood and as a result my own defence/self-preservation mechanisms kicked in and I have next to no memories left of my childhood.

What precious few I cling to I can't even be sure if they are genuine memories or fabrications put together to mask the trauma.

How would I begin to try and carefully tap into long hidden and buried memories without opening the floodgates and overwhelming myself? I will admit part of me is terrified of what I will find, but the larger part is curious of what lies hidden away.

Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, fluid possit, iubet.
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

My inner child is with me daily. A strange thing I noticed a couple of years ago was that when I'm in my adult, outer-world focused mind & not tuning in too sensitively to my spirit companions, if I 'lapse' into child like self talk, I'm back in their embrace instantly.

I'm struck by how deeply children's stories resonate and are with me still. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe; Alice In Wonderland; Peter Pan. I read them when I was a child. And they were kind of required reading for hippies when I became a youngish adult.

I've done a few personal development inner child things over the years. I know impacts during those years stay with us. I feel it now still (despite being able to look back with adult eyes now.) My father never seemed to spend much time with me or take an interest in me, never praised me, whereas my mother of course was more directly an influence. Age 9, I narrowly avoided going to a seminary school, on the priesthood track, which I thought might have been expected of me by my mother. (phew!)

I read a brilliant Neal Stephenson novel in which near the start his main character kept referring to the inner voices of his ex girlfriends - nagging him, criticising him and so on. If I listen carefully I can sense my mental reference points aligning still with what my parents expected of me. On a conscious level I don't buy into any of that. But deep inside...

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Hi @Umbra_Arcana,just wanted to say ... Be very careful there with your inner child if you have that much suffering. You might need professional help. I went to get a diploma in counselling and family therapy, to deal with mine. It was very hurtful and an emotional roller-coaster over all until I came to understand myself.

Other thing I did was I learned child development and focused on child abuse as well as psychological scares and recovery. I needed to educate myself first before I could start even touching areas of sensitive memories which was bubbled up during raising my own children. Each developmental stages of my own beautiful children opened some sort of painful episodes within me that was dealt out to me as a child.

I raised 4 kids and that many times I have had to face my own painful memories over and over again. During each and every stages, often without even knowing what the hell was my trigger problems or why I had reacted that way to my own beautiful child's behaviour. I simultaneously studied & raised my own children along with trying to solve parental problems that I obviously lacked to deal with as an adult discovering and so sadly had learned about my own disfunctional childhood reality that was a very hard blow to my young motherhood in a foreign country.

Moving forward, my efforts worked off. But it was extremely hard and lonely road as nobody gets to understand your own needs and wants as an adult. I learned to nurture my inner needs via caring for my own four children. When I was kind and loving to them, my own inner child was also fed with the same motherly love. When I was given myself to my children as a full-time mum, my inner child also recived satisfaction from my adult self. Ect...also it's important to know that I was unable to provide everything that I have missed out on as a child. But once healing started, over the years, slowly everything else was adjusted and realignment and balance was established within that we call wholeness integration.

Inner child healing is a very big deal, but it's also can be extremely difficult and stressful experience for years to come. So just be careful, get to know your triggers and try to embrace your feelings providing yourself with privacy to realise emotions safely especially at the beginning, until you worked through the most immediate and important part of your life and memories. Forgiveness and moving forward is something that I needed to want to be successfully progress with ... and was soooo very hurtful & hard task for many years to come, looking back on my silent tears and anger (11 years ago now tyroid cancer in remession 😃) when there's no retribution or reconciliation is from the other party.
Umbra_Arcana wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:17 pm I suffered a lot of serious trauma in my childhood and as a result my own defence/self-preservation mechanisms kicked in and I have next to no memories left of my childhood.

What precious few I cling to I can't even be sure if they are genuine memories or fabrications put together to mask the trauma.

How would I begin to try and carefully tap into long hidden and buried memories without opening the floodgates and overwhelming myself? I will admit part of me is terrified of what I will find, but the larger part is curious of what lies hidden away.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner

@Umbra_Arcana

I agree with a lot of what @ASTER said. I actually had a very similar experience. I didn't get a degree in psychology, but I did take a lot of psychology classes. I also went to therapy for a long time. I think Aster was pretty spot on. I just wanted to add/emphasize the being gentle with yourself part. I personally didn't always like who I was growing up, and throughout healing I would sometimes feel as though I was regressing. It took me some time to realize that it was a part of the process. Being gentle with myself took a lot of time, but it really helps. It's also okay not to be okay, so if you need time for yourself or even a break take it. It is hard to heal on any capacity but it is always worth it. I hope your healing journey does amazing things for you.

Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 66
Zodiac:

@ASTER
Oh believe me I have been trying to get professional help for years to try and come to terms with my past and to heal from childhood trauma, however with the state the NHS in in over here in the UK at the moment the waiting lists are stupidly long. There is also the issue that I am not considered ill enough because I am high functioning despite the past trauma. I'm also considered too be complicated for community level help due to being a neurodiverse individual, as a lot of the standard therapies they use have been documented to cause further damage/trauma to some groups of neurodiverse individuals. It's incredibly frustrating but at least I have access to something, which I am incredibly grateful for.

Thank you for sharing your story and thank you for your advice. I greatly appreciate both. It's in a way comforting to know that while the path I walk to healing myself is a lonely one, I'm not the only one walking it and that there are others who have walked it before and healed past trauma.

@Anonymously anonymous Thank you for your input and advice as well, I do greatly appreciate it.

Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, fluid possit, iubet.
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3
Yunapiper
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA/DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
Zodiac:

I find tarot helps me find easier alignment. You can use it for guidance on blockages. Readers like Elliot Oracle are good for tarot therapy as they are positive and don't feed into fear. I also like The Brynth. Hers are more spiritual. Your mind has to expand through fear daily to do any spiritual work. The fool is zero for a reason have to constantly evoke freedom of looking foolish to do this path . I find this better for me than traditional therapy. As I am beyond the status quo and so I make my own rules and path. If you can't get there make your own way.
Last edited by Yunapiper on Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

You don't need a reason to help someone ^^

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”