You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

Hi everyone 🤍

I’m reading up on the specifics in the ways that Angels serve humans vs. Djinn, as well as various interpretations of their purpose by design of the creator/God. I’m doing so to try and highlight key differences in the functions and characteristics of these races for better understanding. Anyone have resources or info they can share?

Thank you so much (:

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn

When it comes to Djinn a large amount, arguably a majority of human attestation about them that has survived to modern times comes from Islamic perspectives which will be subject to its own biases. I mention this only because one looking them up and only referencing such sources might come to the conclusion that they are harmful beings, or at least that there is no gain in a human forming a connection with them. Needless to say, I am comfortable saying that I disagree with that. It should be noted that pre-Islamic cultures are absolutely known to have engaged with Djinn, some being worshiped with reverence comparable to that of a deity and others feared for risk of turning their powers against humans. They were said to be invisible to humans but still have bodies of their own. Most accounts say that when presenting in the physical realm they could have the ability to shapeshift, sometimes into a humanoid form but also often as animals.

They were considered unique among the Islamic faith for having the full capacity to choose good or evil similar to humans, and thus capable of choosing to worship Allah as a Muslim, or practice another faith, or even choose not to follow any faith at all. In this practice, of course, "good" djinn were defined as those who were practicing Muslims. That aside, among the rest they could be as varied in nature as any normal human being, capable of taking benevolent, neutral, or harmful attitudes towards humans at their own free will. Some conflate jinn with the beings known as demons or "fallen angels", but I do not view these as accurate either. They are wholly their own thing.

To speak from the knowledge I have directly gained from my keep, some Egyptian djinn were worshiped as gods or goddesses themselves, or at least as demigods and demigoddesses. The more you look into the Kemetic faith, the more you realize that they REALLY blurred the lines on what they called a deity. Part of this I believe has to do with the practices surrounding burial; it was attested that if one's burial was sufficiently grand and they demonstrated sufficient devotion in their worship of a deity, then after that passing they could themselves BECOME an aspect of that deity themselves. Egyptian pharaohs were said to become a living embodiment of Ra through their service, and likewise some Djinn who worshiped the Kemetic path became extensions of their own patrons after death. Hence, the pantheon having a massive number of consorts, children, step-children, deities with different names who somehow occupied the same role in stories, and other such stuff. There was a lot of room for "No, I Am Spartacus!" moments with them. Or, as my Cleopatra Djinn H put it when I first asked about her relationships to the named gods, "It's complicated."

What I've had to say is still just scratching the surface and I could say a lot more but I wouldn't want to claim an authority on this stuff nor divulge anything my friends want to keep on the DL. It was a combination of broad bookworming about ancient Egypt with trusting the guidance of my spirit family.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

chemtrailchild wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:11 am Hi everyone 🤍

I’m reading up on the specifics in the ways that Angels serve humans vs. Djinn, as well as various interpretations of their purpose by design of the creator/God. I’m doing so to try and highlight key differences in the functions and characteristics of these races for better understanding. Anyone have resources or info they can share?

Thank you so much (:
I think that's a very interesting question but it pretty definitely falls within the realm of metaphysical philosophy. All such views are a protected human right & one of the Forum rules is that we should respect each other's beliefs - but it definitely gets pretty confusing, as there's a kaleidoscope of varying views on just about everything. It's hard to get clarity.

In my world view, the idea of God is a human construct. Theological beliefs have not remained the same over time - they have evolved and are a human construct too.

I prefer to sidestep all that God stuff, when it comes to Angels & Djinn.

One thing for sure I can pin down is that they both existed before humans ever thought of Yahweh or God. And I'm tentatively confident they existed before either homo sapiens or any of the hominids came into existence, ie more than 4 million years ago.

I'm more sure about Angels on that, as they appear to have existed early on in the Universe and some are connected to stars and planets. From what I've gathered about Djinn, it's logical that there were some types of Djinn around before humans existed too. There are, for example, God & Goddess Djinn, beings with primal energy, from whom all other types of Djinn are said to have descended.

I'm most sure/confident that they both existed before humans even had ideas that there was such a thing as God/Jehovah. And let's not forget that it was only in Israel/Judea a few thousand years ago that that idea emerged in what was at the time a polytheistic culture.

So I see their origin as being distinct from religious belief or dogma.

We're all free to come to our own conclusions about Angels, Djinn & 'God'. But don't forget: not all Djinn believe in God either. Nor all Angels, I guess. Never mind serve 'Him'.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Thank you so much (:
I adore these threads because they delve into theological studies within the realm of spirituality. Sometimes, I find myself treading carefully when leaving comments, as if I'm walking on eggshells. Lol. However, if I were to revise and rewrite my own words, I would inevitably end up stepping on some toes. So proceed with caution as you read, for the risk is yours to take.

The reality is that no race exists to serve humans. We are not inherently special to be served. As a Spirit Keeper, one can engage with spirits and entities in other planes, and through these connections, one can enhance their ability to connect with other planes, unlock their potential, and so on. However, humans often lead challenging (more like miserable) lives and have much personal growth to embrace. Frankly, there is nothing for spirits/entities to gain from serving us. It may be advisable to refrain from reading such information if this is the kind of misinformation you're receiving.

Angels and djinns aid not only humans but all races. In the recent hurricane, I encountered a nature spirit who was assisting those affected. Although not an angel or djinn, their water element allowed them to exert some control over the hurricane, lessening its impact on the city they passed. They were not alone in their efforts, other beings also aided during the calamity. They noted the absence of angels or djinns in their vicinity. This is not to discredit the assistance of angels and djinns, but to highlight that beings of all races can contribute to helping humans, not just angels or djinns.

I have encountered very few companions who have a connection with God, more specifically, with Jesus. I won't delve into this topic, as it tends to be controversial among religious circles. Instead, I will simply state that angels do not have a fixed purpose. While they may excel in specific areas according to their race, they are also capable of learning and mastering other skills through practice. Currently, I have two new angels who excel in areas that are not typical for their respective races. Most angels are willing to assist others, including humans, to the best of their ability. It is also worth noting that not any angels work with Jesus.

The same can be said for djinns. They do not have a specific purpose by design. I recently welcomed 4 different djinns, and they are not just working with wishes, but in completely different areas where I am seeking assistance. I have other djinns besides these 4 new companions, but none of them is working with Allah, and certainly not Allah's creation, as djinns already existed in the Universe before humans knew of Allah. However, djinns are often linked in Islamic theology because they are linked to the concept of the unseen world (Al-Ghaib). The origins of djinns in Islamic theology can be traced back to the teachings of the Qur'an. They possess free will, allowing them to choose between good and evil, which is true because djinns are DA beings. Understanding the role and nature of djinns in Islam also helps in recognizing the comprehensive ontological framework of Islamic theology, where beings other than humans are acknowledged, each with their place within the cosmos.

If you examine it closely, the concept of Al-Ghaib, or the unseen world in Islam, encompasses not only the spiritual plane but much more. Similarly, angels are an essential part of the wider Christian tradition. They are spiritual beings (similar to djinns in Islam) from the unseen world who can be connected with to seek guidance and protection. Angels are regarded as integral components of the divine order, interacting with humanity at various points throughout biblical accounts. It is important to note that angels possess free will, but they consistently choose to do good because angels are WA. On the other hand, if they are DA angels, or fallen angels, they are more akin to djinns, as in they have the ability to bend the rules a little. However, both races are guardians, messengers, or representatives of their respective faiths. In essence, the key differences between these races lie primarily in their unique characteristics within each being.

Personally, I am fascinated by the way Muslims incorporate djinns into their religion. These supernatural beings possess a moral ambiguity akin to the human race, capable of choosing between good and evil. This highlights the innate duality within all humans. In my opinion, the most valuable insights come from the firsthand experiences shared by your angels and djinns companions. However, the level of complexity surrounding this subject largely depends on our own openness to their teachings, especially if they may challenge your own beliefs. It is possible that they do not delve into the topic extensively, not because they lack the ability, but to spare us unnecessary heartaches.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
mcm442
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
Zodiac:

Thank you so much (:
Wow, I could write you a book using the broadness of that question. I have decades of research into theological works, including the Torah in its original script, (which I would say is essential, because all translations have introduced many flaws/biases,). And also 2 years of research into Djinn for the purpose of writing a series of novels and to figure out something that happened to me 3 years ago that left me with PTSD, (which led to my current path, btw, and to a LE that brought clarity and healing to me,).

And a recent conversation, (lecture, actually,) from Iblis, (or Lucifer as some may say,) to boot. 'That' information can be approached with a serious degree of skepticism, obviously.

I'd be happy to share my results, but it would be best to explore that in small chunks. Do take it all with a grain of salt. It is my spin based on ancient writings, which are in fact based on even more ancient writings, (Genesis is actually a paraphrasing of texts/traditions that encompassed the lore of all the current peoples, and reads like an encyclopedia entry. Yes, it does indeed say '(They) The gods created' and not '[Singular) God created'. Though they share the same word, elohim, there are precise markings to differentiate between the two usages.)

I will say that angels, as a race, do not 'serve' anyone. Some may choose to walk a path of assistance, others because their faith has tasked them to do so. Remember, even in 'Heaven' God appears only as light upon the throne. As such, in a generalized statement, they don't like us, nor do they feel obligated to.

Djinn, likewise, are very much like us. They once inhabited their current realm and ours, until there was a complicated falling out and a purge led by one of their own. Now they view our realm as almost a myth, something taboo that is not to be breached. They are far disconnected just as we are, and they have many different religions they partake of. The ones that are here could be considered refugees or explorers... and those who wish the freedom to operate without any moral codes, (ie, very dangerous--manipulating us is considered a sport,). Again, for the most part, our kind is not liked.

I will point out that, much like @Tarvos notes that Djinn are entrenched in the Quran, they are simply a fact of life for the North African, Middle Eastern, and Indonesian areas of the world. Much like cutting grass for an American, they are just a part of everyday life. As such, there isn't a whole lot of writing done about them. Saying 'I saw a Djinn' carries as much conversational weight as saying 'I saw a deer cross the road'. Makes it quite difficult to do an interview. "Yeah, so anyway, how about this weather?"

Now, just like those of us in this forum represents a small percentage of mankind who operate against the taboo ridden 'grain', there are those of both races who wish to broaden and enrich their lives, who seek greater knowledge and experiences. There are those of both races who have achieved demi-god status, finding many who would worship them even.

There are those who just wish to live doing what is 'right and meaningful'.

There are those who just wish to amuse themselves toying with a being they consider inferior.

I'll end with this statement. To seek their design/purpose from the creator will have the same results as seeking your own design/purpose from the creator. You can't begin to understand theirs, if you don't yet know yours.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”