new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djin
If I could be anything, I would be...: unstoppable
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Silver (they/them)

Does anyone have experience with asking water spirits for help? How would one go about doing that?

I don't mean one of the spirits that's in your family. Just generally going down to a river and talking to water spirits/asking them to help you. I heard you can do that but I'm not sure how.

Thanks!

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

You definitely will not be starving for the attention of water spirits if you go down to a river and offer there. Just make sure that your offering is safe for local wildlife. I'd also suggest cleansing actions on your person after knowingly engaging with unbounds, but that's just my own perspective. I have a shrine in my house which is mostly to water spirits in the spirit family but I also leave open offerings to any unbound "spirits of the water" which wander through as I have a creek just a few hundred feet away from my residence in the woods. This action actually attracted a Gorgon which helped me out for years as an unbound (first appearing in a CH unbounds reading in 2021). My binding to her is almost complete right now.

Bear in mind that aside from material offerings, it is also a highly valued offering in deeds to clean up any trash you find in or around water of which there is sadly no shortage in my area as well. You can pray to the spirits whether out loud or in thought. Simply acknowledging them as "spirits of the water" is sufficient to get the message across. They are good friends to have

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I live in an area that has a lot of water.  Oceans, rivers, waterfalls, lakes etc  lol I love water and adore water beings.

I don't just do this for water spirits but all of nature- that any place I visit out in nature I will always pick up trash out of the water, forests and beaches .

The ocean and beaches are always littered with bottles, plastics, garbage etc. every time I visit the beach I fill a bag with garbage and will carry it miles to the trash bin. and the bushes in forests are littered with cans and junk thrown about., etc. usually it is the water and earth spirits who respond the most when I do this. 

I didn't intend that picking up trash would be noticed by spirits.  It was just something that every time I saw garbage, it royally bugged me and I couldn't pass by  it without picking it up. 
It was the spark that started a relationship with nature spirits. I didn't want to enter their area and just ignore the disrespect that some humans have spread about nature and these spirits homes.

My first spirit companion was a marid djinn, and after his arrival I just began to do these things unconsciously. I think spirits even in nature have a stronger influence on us than we might be aware of.  Some work can be unconscious.

So my approach has always been a reaching out to the elementals, nature spirits and beings from water and earth as a gesture of kindness towards them, and what I can do for them, Rather than what they could do for me.  Because they do so much already.

They would often bring me luck and fortune, rejuvenation, cleansing, humor lol and wild animals to interact with and befriend .  For me, this is all I ever really wanted from nature, to just make friends and have a positive presence to them.

It might not seem very magical to pick up trash, but I feel like basic respect in this manner lays a great foundation for working with the spirits of nature and elements.

I also visit the ocean every day and talk to the spirits of the water and ocean. They are always listening and watching .
It might sound silly, but I thank water for it's life giving light as often as I can. Without it there would be no life.  I feel as if nature gives soooo much, and we should take care of it and show respect more. Because we have taken enough already.

Many of the water and ocean beings are playful with me. I don't ask for anything from them other than mutual kindness.   I have some water spells I like to play with, and I usually feel their presence when doing so. More so since I started doing what I've written above.

I haven't asked them for help with anything personal, other than for them to guide me to help them and to help nature. They usually are the ones who then offer their interaction and assistance. They have guided hurt, neglected or trapped animals to me for rescuing . but since developing at least a friendly interaction with them , its made them more open to hearing me.

These things led me to discover my merfolk ancestry and later increased the number of bound water beings in my keep, and brought Poseidon and Enki into my life.

I have a collection of water and ocean  spells from various sources (most are from CH)  and bringing these spells out to the ocean to work with has yielded  results.   I involve not just my water spirit companions  but unbound water spirits who I am familiar with and have already made friendships with.

As far as working with the water djinns in my keep, they love waterfalls and any water surrounded by shady dense Forest and caves. As offerings to them, id clean up the area. I would fill our crystal and glass vials with the wild water. These I later give to my merfolk and water spirits and djinns . My djinns prefer these water vials as offerings over food offerings.

Some of the vials are later used for spells.  They also love receiving reiki so filling up the water with love charged reiki always makes them super active. You can even fill an entire pond or river etc with positive energy /reiki because it is limitless lol the first time I did that the spirit response was surprising. They really like to play.

I also bring my crystals with me to cleanse and program in the wild waters, and there are some water beings who really really enjoy cleansing them with me. I didn't ask, it just happened. 😅 The ones I met were very playful and breathtakingly beautiful.

If you enjoy working with crystals, you can involve them with your water work. Water and crystals go very well together, and you can pretty much program the crystal and water with your intentions (you don't have to submerge them if they are water sensitive). You can use these freshly cleansed, charged, programmed crystals and water, for spells, setting up Etheric grids, consecration water, making elixirs, baking magical foods, or as a base for a potion. You can get very creative with it!

Water spirits can help with crystals. If you think about it, crystals in their birthing rocks/matrix always have some water involved during their Creation. These water and elemental beings have shown their expertise in regard to crystals and crystal magick. I see caves and bodies of water as a place of birth and creation, nurturing.

I can go on and on about water and nature lol so I'll end this post now 😅

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖆
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn

@Daciana VERY useful insight! Thank you for sharing in detail, I will be bearing some of these things in mind the next time I go down to the creek, as I have been thinking a lot about connecting more with the unbounds down there

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

SilverNight wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:23 pm Does anyone have experience with asking water spirits for help? How would one go about doing that?

I don't mean one of the spirits that's in your family. Just generally going down to a river and talking to water spirits/asking them to help you. I heard you can do that but I'm not sure how.

Thanks!
Water is my element, and I have water spirits and entities bound to me through callings and unbounds. I rarely seek assistance from spirits. I seldom ask my own spirits within my Keep for aid, let alone those outside of it. However, if you are determined to do so, you need only venture down the river or any bodies of water and engage in communication with them. I am uncertain if your senses are attuned to such interactions. Nevertheless, even if they are not, you can still engage in conversation with the spirits as they possess keen observation. There is no need for elaborate ceremonies or rituals, simply speak to them with your intention. You may also consider bringing along gems and rocks, as they like them very much.

I agree with Daciana. Nature spirits are incredibly helpful beings. During the last hurricane, many nature spirits worked to lessen its impact. In fact, I even got one of them bound. And they are someone that my Keep truly adores. I personally wouldn't ask for their help, considering they already do so much. Also, I'm curious as to what kind of help you need that your Keep can't provide.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
madgar29
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

SilverNight wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:23 pm Does anyone have experience with asking water spirits for help? How would one go about doing that?

Thanks!
i dunno if i would do that your asking and letting anything in at that point. your gonna need protection ritual ask for many certain things and rules...... to do random open water spirits near you...

your better off getting non binding conjuring water spirit kits from CH. i think that would be more heathly and safe.

I have manyyyyyyyyy in my family but not your question..... i love them. sirens to krakens

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

tl/dr: I've called on Undines' help with storm calming; called them/their energy in to energetically balance/ heal a natural area; or to calm a high tide but more often I'll just kind of say hello/acknowledge a river spirit, for example, rather than ask for their help.

So my experience is maybe not in the way you're thinking of. In case this contribution is of any interest...I connect with water spirits in rivers etc, more as a hello kind of thing than asking for help. But I also at times connect with 'Undines', as I think of them, in rain clouds if I'm aiming to soften a storm. Or in waves / the tide to help calm it. It's more of a dialogue. I learned a couple of systems for connecting with elementals (the classic Salamanders, Sylphs, Undines & Gnomes systems) which is quite easy for me to do now.

I've also learned a form of elemental energy magic, in which I can cleanse an area of nature and invite in the elementals/elemental energies to balance the energy there for the benefit of the area, which of course includes the Undine energy/spirits.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

So when I was about 12 I use to go to this pond. I would meditate there, talk to the pond, clean the area. I also use to have this special beach that I would go to. Sit on the rocks. Meditate. I have a very similar experience to @Daciana . I talk to the wind, fire, earth. Man you should see me talk to my plants like a crazy lady. I typically don't ask for anything either. I usually am either saying hello or helping nature in general. If you want to talk/connect to water spirits just be open and honest. Lead with your intent.

madgar29
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I am glad you all had good experiences. With randoms. I was just not as lucky. However I too had a very strong bond with a pond on my grandpa's farm I was really the only one out there every day fishing and release. Being one with nature. I love fishing but deeper I think it was being alone around nature that was secretly good for me. Sadly I can no longer go to my childhood spot. I won't go into that story. I think this is why I am being told to go back to fishing to go to beach or the lake. Reconnect with nature I once had. I was Amazing at fishing many called it luck but it's like I became intuned with nature knowing where and when and what to use. Or just spend hours sitting there. Or catch frogs.

My fishing stories are many but I remember being in a boat mouth of thr Ozark lakes. And I dropped my 50 dollar pole in the water. My dad gave me his. I kid u not the next single vast I caught a 200 to 300 dollar pole. My dad. In complete disbelief but then jokingly said your not gonna give me my pole back now are you. I smirked with a evil grin. And said nope..... as I hand him the more expense pole instead. So my father in reality came up on top with thr new caught fishing pole. U give u shall relieve. Besides the new pole had an open reel on it. I never cared for them. People think they are fancy trying to do tricks with them. I never saw the good side of them. Obviously I'm a fresh water fisherman in salt Walter iv never seen a closed off reel and they are massive. Anyways. I'm sorry you guys brought up some really good memories I had with water and I really miss it. I ended up on thr local wall breaking two fishing records for my age at the lake one was a 9 pound bass straight off the dock during an official bass pro tournament. The other a 5 foot flat head. Yelling my dad I'm not touching it that mouth can shallow me whole at 3am in thr morning a picture of me trying to gold it. I forgot the weight but it was like 150 pounds of catfish which we were not even fishing for flathead. My stories go on. But I truly had a very strong bond with nature with fishing and God I loved it. I loved sharing it with close friends but they always tainted the energy sometimes doesn't matter when u all try to get in a boat and tip it on purpose lol fun times. Most of my gear was stolen I had 3 to 4 tackle boxes dull. I inherited both my grsndpas my dad's my uncle that passed way to early. Because they knew I'd be out there all day. Even knew how to clean them now I don't remember how to line a rod. I'm gonna cry.

madgar29
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Thanks!
Merfolk are considered fae. If this helps you in anyway. As far as tricks I can only suggest ch spirit keeping book.and advanced spirit keeping they have a few tips of the trade in there for merfolk. I'm sure water spirits are not all fae. Just trying to help.

If it's nice outside dip your toes and talk to the body of water as if it's a being. You may get a response.

Return to “General Questions”