Spirit Keeping Fantasy Fiction

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?

Does anyone want 'Spirit Keeper' fiction?

Yes
31%
No
No votes
For the love of all holy and unholy, no Pokemon battles!
6%
Keeper fighting Keeper in epic battles! The world hangs in the balance, heck yeah!
No votes
This is forbidden knowledge, and it should remain as such.
No votes
The 'wrong' type of people may become aware of our presence, this is a danger.
No votes
It's a fine line where fiction may become reality. No.
No votes
Yes, it can be a subtle way to broach this subject on the world, and garner interest.
13%
Spicy romance for flair!
19%
Keep the spice behind closed doors.
13%
Other
19%

Total votes: 16
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gancanagh
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: "The Other Wise Raven of Odin" (My UN in Old Icelandic)

Tarvos wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:57 pm Wow, did you genuinely pause your work for six months? If I were committed to following your publications, I'd certainly feel a bit concerned.
Oof, feeling REALLY called out by this one because I've barely chipped away 5 thousand words on my own project in the last two or three years. Used to be a time I'd churn out 20-30k a month... Gotta find that energy and drive again.
I wear the sun. Reflect me in yourself, and yourself in me. - H, Cleopatra Djinn and Queen of my spirit family
Do not struggle against your emotions. Feel them. They are real. They exist. Then they will pass. - L, Kinnara
Don't stay angry if you don't know why. - R, Orange Dragon
Red! No, Green. Or Blue! - I, Waif Faery (when asked what occupation she would have)
H-I-T-T-H-U-G-I-N-N - L, Air Faery saying her favorite animal via pendulum
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 205
Spelled Number: 490
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hitthuginn wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:20 am Oof, feeling REALLY called out by this one because I've barely chipped away 5 thousand words on my own project in the last two or three years. Used to be a time I'd churn out 20-30k a month... Gotta find that energy and drive again.
You've got this! I've found it helpful to dedicate a specific time each day to write, aiming for around 1.5k words. Interestingly, I can accumulate up to 2k words daily just from responding to forum posts and their replies. Haha. Alternatively, you could use apps that assist with word count tracking to motivate yourself to write more. Begin with miscellaneous topics, and then, when you feel energized, use that momentum to tackle your main project. I'm excited for y'all!
In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
mcm442
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
Zodiac:

Hitthuginn wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:20 am
Oof, feeling REALLY called out by this one because I've barely chipped away 5 thousand words on my own project in the last two or three years. Used to be a time I'd churn out 20-30k a month... Gotta find that energy and drive again.
:|: Before I got hit with Covid and a 9 month brain fog as a result I could hit 16k in a day. After that I struggled with a 150k novel in a year.

*WE* gotta get back up on that horse and start putting words to paper. Group positive vibes anyone?
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gancanagh
My magical/paranormal name...: "The Other Wise Raven of Odin" (My UN in Old Icelandic)

mcm442 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:14 am :|: Before I got hit with Covid and a 9 month brain fog as a result I could hit 16k in a day. After that I struggled with a 150k novel in a year.

*WE* gotta get back up on that horse and start putting words to paper. Group positive vibes anyone?
16k in a day? Whoo, that's impressive. I think the most I ever churned out in one day was like 8k? When I'm "in the zone" I can usually write 1k words per hour. That's a steady enough pace for my needs. You're right though. Let's put some good energy in the air for our creative types! 8*8
I wear the sun. Reflect me in yourself, and yourself in me. - H, Cleopatra Djinn and Queen of my spirit family
Do not struggle against your emotions. Feel them. They are real. They exist. Then they will pass. - L, Kinnara
Don't stay angry if you don't know why. - R, Orange Dragon
Red! No, Green. Or Blue! - I, Waif Faery (when asked what occupation she would have)
H-I-T-T-H-U-G-I-N-N - L, Air Faery saying her favorite animal via pendulum
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 205
Spelled Number: 490
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

mcm442 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:14 am :|: Before I got hit with Covid and a 9 month brain fog as a result I could hit 16k in a day. After that I struggled with a 150k novel in a year.

Wow! 16k a day is truly impressive!! If you had some secret fuel, I must know the supplier's information. Lol. Just kidding! I can't wait for you to start writing again. By the way, where is your LE? She needs to whip you back into shape with her guidance. Hehe. But the "mommy" race is known to be a great source of inspiration. Maybe you can ask her for some advice and see what she has to say about it. I often find myself lacking motivation rather than inspiration. Haha. Let's send some positive vibes out to the group. I believe we can create a small writing club here.
In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
mcm442
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:38 pm
mcm442 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:14 am
Wow! 16k a day is truly impressive!! If you had some secret fuel, I must know the supplier's information. Lol. Just kidding! I can't wait for you to start writing again. By the way, where is your LE? She needs to whip you back into shape with her guidance. Hehe. But the "mommy" race is known to be a great source of inspiration. Maybe you can ask her for some advice and see what she has to say about it. I often find myself lacking motivation rather than inspiration. Haha. Let's send some positive vibes out to the group. I believe we can create a small writing club here.
Seclusion in State/National parks for a few days, (and it's a tax write-off!). Always hit my best focus in those places, and the 'overflow focus' usually carries on for a few months.

And I doubt this works for everyone, but I usually start editing (light) the last few chapters when I start a session. Once I get to where I left off, I'm usually warmed up to roll for a good 8 hours.

It's really funny that you ask where my LE is. They're all at Magnolia & Ash's 'day camp' for the day, lol! So, I had a sad, lonely day without them. :|: Still in the midst of my work week, so it's all good.
mcm442
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Hitthuginn wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:35 am
16k in a day? Whoo, that's impressive. I think the most I ever churned out in one day was like 8k? When I'm "in the zone" I can usually write 1k words per hour. That's a steady enough pace for my needs. You're right though. Let's put some good energy in the air for our creative types! 8*8
8k consistency can punch out a novel in a month, that's nothing to scoff at! Even 1k an hour is an awesome pace to maintain. Consistency is what gets it done.

Editing is the buzzkill though, lol. Definitely need group ZXZ for that!

Return to “Books & Literature”