Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gancanagh
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: "The Other Wise Raven of Odin" (My UN in Old Icelandic)

This is another miniature novel from me, but hopefully you will understand why. It's not my choice to be awake at around 5 AM, but I just woke up to a rather intense experience and I'm trying to process this.

I've had issues with sleeping the last few months. Usually what sounds like a distant "bang" noise right when I'm on the threshold of sleep. With some time I have begun to dismiss the idea of this likely being spiritual on its own. I think I need a sleep study, could be apnea who knows. What I DO know is that the mashing of feet and footsteps downstairs sounded nothing like that when it woke me up. I heard it, and jolted awake. Then it stopped. I heard a low growling noise from within my room, then an intense pressure directly above me. It was like a protective spirit or spirits was intensely looming over me, either actively protecting me or trying to get me awake. I am sure the growling was my prehistoric dragon, R. The other could have been one of a few that I know have that "energy". Point is, I got the message my spirits were telling me something was wrong.

My sister is on vacation right now and I am alone in the house. Now, I've lived alone without issue or fears. Have for months at a time. It's unusual for me to have late night paranoia. I feel almost guilty as I wait then, when the moment is right, roll out of bed, grab the frame, and move the whole thing a few inches so it's blocking the door (my bedroom doesn't have a working lock on the door). At this point, I've given up pretense of this being a normal night. If I'm crazy, I'm crazy but I'd rather that than be wrong.

But what now? What kind of problem is this? With this desperate, noisy action I am at least safe if there is a physical intruder. I grab my knife and keep it near me just to be safe but... well if this is that kind of threat I need to be calling 911 now don't I? And yet, something still feels wrong about that. I need to think. I grab the phone, turn on its light so I can see in the room with a bit more discretion than flipping a switch, get myself dressed just in case, then decide it's worth trying to ask my spirits. I have made a moment to think to myself in fortifying my immediate space. So I give out a few quick orders:

To the leader on top of the keep: "H, direct any spirits I don't order right now to help keep me safe as able"
To my Volkh: "If there is any intruder, punish them."
To my Dragons: "R and R (Yes, I have two dragon "R"s), I unleash you on any unwanted person or being in this dwelling."

Then I pull out my pendulum and start asking a few quick things to H:
"Is there an intruder in my dwelling?"
Yes
"Is this intruder a human being"
Yes
"A living human being?"
My hand gently wobbles the pendulum in the direction of No. It's my way of testing against a "Yes bias" after getting it multiple times in a row. Still, H shoves the pendulum in the direction of Yes. It turns into the strongest "yes" yet.

Ugh. If I call 911 I can just tell them I heard a sound. I could get away with that and nobody would be mad at me even if I'm wrong. But I'd know. It'd feel like I failed. Like I had turned into my mother, scared of every shadow and bump in the night. So, I compromise. I pick up my phone in the left hand, its flashlight still on. I dial "9-1" then leave the keypad open.
I knock loudly on my own bedroom door from the inside. There's not a peep in the house now.
Maybe the intruder is frozen like a deer?
I knock loudly again several times. Still no reaction.
Alright. I'm gonna try this myself

As quickly as possible I move the bedframe away from the door again, then swiftly take the phone in one hand and my knife in the other. I open the door. Nothing in the hall. Call out "Is anyone there?". Nothing. Slowly and methodically clear out the entire house. Nothing. Not even a raccoon on the back deck

I'm relieved, but also confused at what has transpired here. I know what I heard from below was NOT like my "usual" sleep disruptions. I take my spirits at their words and deeds that they were acting in my defense and giving me answers to the best accuracy of their knowledge. Here's the other important part:

THINGS THAT POTENTIALLY INFLUENCED MY EXPERIENCE

- Earlier in the day I activated a spell orb which has a powerful communication spell. I also enabled the faeries to use the apport spell for moving an materializing objects which was also copied to it. This was at the conclusion of a special offering I made to them.

- I set up the "Claim-staking spell" for spirit activity in/around the home Vipera posted in the Spells/Spellwork thread. Just to be clear I do NOT have any reason to believe this affected the experience in a detrimental way; I believe what was hitting me up were my spirits and this spell accounts for that. If anything, it may have helped keep me safe from something I just don't understand right now.

And now the biggest factor, one I haven't mentioned until now because I wanted to save it for last:
- I made a very significant offering to my ancestors last night, for the first time asking them directly about the truth to a complicated family matter. A big accusation. "Is it true or not? If so, and ONLY if so, give me a sign while this candle is burning. If this accusation is not true, then I ask that you do not give me anything I could interpret as a sign". I burned a black candle for it. This is something I rarely do and attach significance to. After I lit the candle I felt a silent flurry of activity around me, as though an impromptu gathering of family was being called together. That quieted down within the minute. I received no direct sign. Nothing unusual happened. The candle burned evenly and cleanly but with less intensity than usual spell candles and nothing happened in the environment around me. I accepted that as their answer to my question.

___

So as you can see, we have a lot of moving parts here. I'm going to talk to my spirit family more about what happened, but I want the opinions of other keepers and casters here...

- Why might I have gotten the answers from H that I did? Our communication is strongest out of my spirit family, she has the authority and will to speak on behalf of as well as task the rest of my spirit family, I accounted for bias, and I am skilled enough with a pendulum to have confidence in my answers plus using codewords to prevent interference

- My biggest theory is that this could have been another human spirit attracted by my offering to the ancestors or use of a black candle. One which wasn't part of the family gathering. Or maybe the ancestors were coming back after the offering for some reason? The cookies ARE still out. Or maybe it's an unbound creature, that milk is probably bad now and I know that can attract some things... Could there perhaps have been a living human ABOUT to intrude on my dwelling who was turned away thanks to the intervention of my spirits? Help me out here

- If there was some big misunderstanding here, what might be worth doing to avoid it happening in the future? I already have very strong spiritual protective measures in place here, on multiple levels. If this was a misunderstanding then it is one that needs to be addressed in some other way I imagine.

Any other comments are appreciated. Thank you for reading all of these late night/early morning ramblings
I wear the sun. Reflect me in yourself, and yourself in me. - H, Cleopatra Djinn and Queen of my spirit family
Do not struggle against your emotions. Feel them. They are real. They exist. Then they will pass. - L, Kinnara
Don't stay angry if you don't know why. - R, Orange Dragon
Red! No, Green. Or Blue! - I, Waif Faery (when asked what occupation she would have)
H-I-T-T-H-U-G-I-N-N - L, Air Faery saying her favorite animal via pendulum
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

A living human being doesn't necessarily mean a physically present human being. Living beings can project astrally into your space and cause noises/etc. Just another possibility.
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
My magical/paranormal name...: "The Other Wise Raven of Odin" (My UN in Old Icelandic)

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:14 am A living human being doesn't necessarily mean a physically present human being. Living beings can project astrally into your space and cause noises/etc. Just another possibility.
This is why in my mind I think the "It was another human spirit" theory is strongest. I might not have made it clear enough what I meant by "living". On the other hand, H knows me and knows what I'd consider to be "living". She's also not the type to mince words. On the other, other hand she is still a being with strong astral associations so... Right now that would be the strongest theory as far as the answer and root cause are concerned
I wear the sun. Reflect me in yourself, and yourself in me. - H, Cleopatra Djinn and Queen of my spirit family
Do not struggle against your emotions. Feel them. They are real. They exist. Then they will pass. - L, Kinnara
Red! No, Green. Or Blue! - I, Waif Faery (when asked what occupation she would have)
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

Sure, I get where you're coming from. Keep in mind that with pendulum you're just working with yes/no answers, and so 'yes' could have literally been the closest answer to give you to match what you were asking. Don't overthink things, go with your gut instinct, and stay observant in case further action is needed.
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 205
Spelled Number: 490
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hitthuginn wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:30 am This is another miniature novel from me, but hopefully you will understand why. It's not my choice to be awake at around 5 AM, but I just woke up to a rather intense experience and I'm trying to process this.

I've had issues with sleeping the last few months. Usually what sounds like a distant "bang" noise right when I'm on the threshold of sleep. With some time I have begun to dismiss the idea of this likely being spiritual on its own. I think I need a sleep study, could be apnea who knows. What I DO know is that the mashing of feet and footsteps downstairs sounded nothing like that when it woke me up. I heard it, and jolted awake. Then it stopped. I heard a low growling noise from within my room, then an intense pressure directly above me. It was like a protective spirit or spirits was intensely looming over me, either actively protecting me or trying to get me awake. I am sure the growling was my prehistoric dragon, R. The other could have been one of a few that I know have that "energy". Point is, I got the message my spirits were telling me something was wrong.

My sister is on vacation right now and I am alone in the house. Now, I've lived alone without issue or fears. Have for months at a time. It's unusual for me to have late night paranoia. I feel almost guilty as I wait then, when the moment is right, roll out of bed, grab the frame, and move the whole thing a few inches so it's blocking the door (my bedroom doesn't have a working lock on the door). At this point, I've given up pretense of this being a normal night. If I'm crazy, I'm crazy but I'd rather that than be wrong.

But what now? What kind of problem is this? With this desperate, noisy action I am at least safe if there is a physical intruder. I grab my knife and keep it near me just to be safe but... well if this is that kind of threat I need to be calling 911 now don't I? And yet, something still feels wrong about that. I need to think. I grab the phone, turn on its light so I can see in the room with a bit more discretion than flipping a switch, get myself dressed just in case, then decide it's worth trying to ask my spirits. I have made a moment to think to myself in fortifying my immediate space. So I give out a few quick orders:

To the leader on top of the keep: "H, direct any spirits I don't order right now to help keep me safe as able"
To my Volkh: "If there is any intruder, punish them."
To my Dragons: "R and R (Yes, I have two dragon "R"s), I unleash you on any unwanted person or being in this dwelling."

Then I pull out my pendulum and start asking a few quick things to H:
"Is there an intruder in my dwelling?"
Yes
"Is this intruder a human being"
Yes
"A living human being?"
My hand gently wobbles the pendulum in the direction of No. It's my way of testing against a "Yes bias" after getting it multiple times in a row. Still, H shoves the pendulum in the direction of Yes. It turns into the strongest "yes" yet.

Ugh. If I call 911 I can just tell them I heard a sound. I could get away with that and nobody would be mad at me even if I'm wrong. But I'd know. It'd feel like I failed. Like I had turned into my mother, scared of every shadow and bump in the night. So, I compromise. I pick up my phone in the left hand, its flashlight still on. I dial "9-1" then leave the keypad open.
I knock loudly on my own bedroom door from the inside. There's not a peep in the house now.
Maybe the intruder is frozen like a deer?
I knock loudly again several times. Still no reaction.
Alright. I'm gonna try this myself

As quickly as possible I move the bedframe away from the door again, then swiftly take the phone in one hand and my knife in the other. I open the door. Nothing in the hall. Call out "Is anyone there?". Nothing. Slowly and methodically clear out the entire house. Nothing. Not even a raccoon on the back deck

I'm relieved, but also confused at what has transpired here. I know what I heard from below was NOT like my "usual" sleep disruptions. I take my spirits at their words and deeds that they were acting in my defense and giving me answers to the best accuracy of their knowledge. Here's the other important part:

THINGS THAT POTENTIALLY INFLUENCED MY EXPERIENCE

- Earlier in the day I activated a spell orb which has a powerful communication spell. I also enabled the faeries to use the apport spell for moving an materializing objects which was also copied to it. This was at the conclusion of a special offering I made to them.

- I set up the "Claim-staking spell" for spirit activity in/around the home Vipera posted in the Spells/Spellwork thread. Just to be clear I do NOT have any reason to believe this affected the experience in a detrimental way; I believe what was hitting me up were my spirits and this spell accounts for that. If anything, it may have helped keep me safe from something I just don't understand right now.

And now the biggest factor, one I haven't mentioned until now because I wanted to save it for last:
- I made a very significant offering to my ancestors last night, for the first time asking them directly about the truth to a complicated family matter. A big accusation. "Is it true or not? If so, and ONLY if so, give me a sign while this candle is burning. If this accusation is not true, then I ask that you do not give me anything I could interpret as a sign". I burned a black candle for it. This is something I rarely do and attach significance to. After I lit the candle I felt a silent flurry of activity around me, as though an impromptu gathering of family was being called together. That quieted down within the minute. I received no direct sign. Nothing unusual happened. The candle burned evenly and cleanly but with less intensity than usual spell candles and nothing happened in the environment around me. I accepted that as their answer to my question.

___

So as you can see, we have a lot of moving parts here. I'm going to talk to my spirit family more about what happened, but I want the opinions of other keepers and casters here...

- Why might I have gotten the answers from H that I did? Our communication is strongest out of my spirit family, she has the authority and will to speak on behalf of as well as task the rest of my spirit family, I accounted for bias, and I am skilled enough with a pendulum to have confidence in my answers plus using codewords to prevent interference

- My biggest theory is that this could have been another human spirit attracted by my offering to the ancestors or use of a black candle. One which wasn't part of the family gathering. Or maybe the ancestors were coming back after the offering for some reason? The cookies ARE still out. Or maybe it's an unbound creature, that milk is probably bad now and I know that can attract some things... Could there perhaps have been a living human ABOUT to intrude on my dwelling who was turned away thanks to the intervention of my spirits? Help me out here

- If there was some big misunderstanding here, what might be worth doing to avoid it happening in the future? I already have very strong spiritual protective measures in place here, on multiple levels. If this was a misunderstanding then it is one that needs to be addressed in some other way I imagine.

Any other comments are appreciated. Thank you for reading all of these late night/early morning ramblings
I find it hard to believe that a human could astral project to your place, unless you have enemies or others who are also practitioners. Even if that were the case, they would encounter your formidable team and the layers of protection you have in place. It would be impossible for them to bypass these defenses. And even if miraculously they managed to do so, they would leave no physical evidence behind, such as footsteps. Let's imagine they could bypass everything and even manipulate objects with their energy; they would still have to contend with your vigilant team. Again. There are far more reasons for them to get caught than to successfully bypass anything.

I strongly believe that it was one of your ancestors who caused this, particularly because it occurred immediately after you made a grand offering to them the previous night. The series of events you encountered simply cannot be dismissed as a mere coincidence. Trying to suggest that a living human intruder would be foolish enough to create such loud noises, attracting attention and making their intentions clear, is quite far-fetched. It would almost be like willingly asking to be caught and imprisoned. Lol.

When it comes to our ancestors, the spirits and entities that surround us remain neutral. Regardless of whether our ancestors are evil, they are unable to intervene. However, it is a known fact that there have been instances of malevolent ancestral figures documented in historical records. Some individuals have invested significant amounts of money in attempts to rid themselves of these negative influences, only to discover that banishing them proves to be an arduous task. Ancestors exist on a distinct wavelength, as they are an integral part of our family. So there's that.

In this case, I don't believe they intended any harm towards you. If they are indeed an ancestor, it's possible that they were simply trying to grab your attention by manifesting through noises. Rest assured, you already have strong protective measures in place and a remarkable number of over 40 spirits to keep you safe. There is truly nothing to worry about here. I would suggest sitting down with your Keep and seeking more information about this intruder or any potential ancestor. By narrowing down the possibilities, it will be much easier to work with and address the situation effectively.
In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

Indeed, I have no doubt about the ability of my various spirit friends to protect me on that level. I expect that even if the threat had been physical they might be able to intervene to some extent as well.
Tarvos wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:00 am I strongly believe that it was one of your ancestors who caused this, particularly because it occurred immediately after you made a grand offering to them the previous night. The series of events you encountered simply cannot be dismissed as a mere coincidence. Trying to suggest that a living human intruder would be foolish enough to create such loud noises, attracting attention and making their intentions clear, is quite far-fetched. It would almost be like willingly asking to be caught and imprisoned. Lol.
The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that this is indeed connected to the ancestor's offering more than anything else. The noise I heard, while jarring, would indeed be inconsistent with a living human trying to sneak downstairs. And well, I could see my question to the ancestors being somewhat divisive in nature. If some members were not inclined to tell me the truth, then perhaps they might have tried to keep any "sign" from reaching me during the candle's burn. In that very specific case, perhaps others could have arrived later to try and shoehorn the sign even if it fell outside my original terms...
Tarvos wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:00 am When it comes to our ancestors, the spirits and entities that surround us remain neutral. Regardless of whether our ancestors are evil, they are unable to intervene. However, it is a known fact that there have been instances of malevolent ancestral figures documented in historical records. Some individuals have invested significant amounts of money in attempts to rid themselves of these negative influences, only to discover that banishing them proves to be an arduous task. Ancestors exist on a distinct wavelength, as they are an integral part of our family. So there's that.
Reflecting on this does give me pause about the topic of ancestors. While I have no doubt that a human being's passing would lend itself a certain amount of detachment from wordly affairs, I still wonder if some ancestors might choose to lie to defend the honor of a person who didn't deserve it. I'm thinking out loud, probably too loud. They're still humans after all. Perhaps this is a topic I should bring up with my folk and see what they have to say from our own moral/theological perspective. I am speaking about my situation in simplistic terms, but I also recognize this is not a place to go into too much detail either.
Tarvos wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:00 am In this case, I don't believe they intended any harm towards you. If they are indeed an ancestor, it's possible that they were simply trying to grab your attention by manifesting through noises. Rest assured, you already have strong protective measures in place and a remarkable number of over 40 spirits to keep you safe. There is truly nothing to worry about here. I would suggest sitting down with your Keep and seeking more information about this intruder or any potential ancestor. By narrowing down the possibilities, it will be much easier to work with and address the situation effectively.
For sure, at this point my only interest is in getting the answers here and I have no further worry about my well-being. Now, if my super specific theory is true and the one or ones making noise actually did so in an attempt to relay the message I'd asked for, then I'd feel guilty for sicking the spirit fam on them... but I'm probably overthinking it at this point. I have talking with the spirits to do.
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Hitthuginn wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:03 am Indeed, I have no doubt about the ability of my various spirit friends to protect me on that level. I expect that even if the threat had been physical they might be able to intervene to some extent as well.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that this is indeed connected to the ancestor's offering more than anything else. The noise I heard, while jarring, would indeed be inconsistent with a living human trying to sneak downstairs. And well, I could see my question to the ancestors being somewhat divisive in nature. If some members were not inclined to tell me the truth, then perhaps they might have tried to keep any "sign" from reaching me during the candle's burn. In that very specific case, perhaps others could have arrived later to try and shoehorn the sign even if it fell outside my original terms...

Reflecting on this does give me pause about the topic of ancestors. While I have no doubt that a human being's passing would lend itself a certain amount of detachment from wordly affairs, I still wonder if some ancestors might choose to lie to defend the honor of a person who didn't deserve it. I'm thinking out loud, probably too loud. They're still humans after all. Perhaps this is a topic I should bring up with my folk and see what they have to say from our own moral/theological perspective. I am speaking about my situation in simplistic terms, but I also recognize this is not a place to go into too much detail either.

For sure, at this point my only interest is in getting the answers here and I have no further worry about my well-being. Now, if my super specific theory is true and the one or ones making noise actually did so in an attempt to relay the message I'd asked for, then I'd feel guilty for sicking the spirit fam on them... but I'm probably overthinking it at this point. I have talking with the spirits to do.
Indeed, they certainly do! I used to struggle with porch pirates because I was frequently away from home when the delivery driver arrived. However, thanks to my Keep, I can now keep a watchful eye on my packages. Miraculously, I have not encountered a single problem with my deliveries, even when they are left unattended for the entire morning and afternoon. This was not the case before. I remember one incident when I had a grocery delivery, but the driver forgot something, so they had to make a second trip. It was quite amusing because someone stole all of the items from the first trip, yet only one item was left behind from the second trip. Lol. If the thread of this story was a physical being, I can only imagine that your spirits would effortlessly steer them in another direction.

I understand that you have been seeking a sign from ancestors and signs can manifest at various moments: it could be within hours, days, or even weeks. The interpretation of the sign is a personal endeavor, so it would be prudent to reconnect with your ancestors to seek guidance once again. As I mentioned earlier, when dealing with ancestors, spirits, and entities remain neutral. This indicates that they will not interpret the message or sign on your behalf. It is up to you to decipher its meaning and significance.

When it comes to ancestral information, if they feel it is not beneficial for you or your journey, they may choose to withhold it, rather than outright deceive. Human spirits do not interact with us the same way other living humans do. I have encountered certain human spirits, some of which have gravitated towards me through callings, and open conjurations. None of these human spirits are ancestors, as I am not currently engaging with ancestral spirits yet.

Haha. Don't worry. There is no need to feel guilty. If they were indeed ancestors, it is understandable that you reacted the way you did. After all, you were acting based on the knowledge you had at that moment, unsure of whether the intruder was a potential threat or any other possibility.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I hope some of this is useful.

Ok...you may already know all of this but...it helps to be crystal clear with yourself and your protection commune spirits about exactly what setting you're happy with.

The bottom line is something like "Keep out all malicious or harmful beings, magic & paranormal influences".

If you don't want paranormal things to go 'bump' in the night, you can make this clear to your protection spirits. If however you're okay with it, maybe it's best to be ready in case that happens.

Then you can trust your protection commune to do as asked.

All of this may seem pretty obvious - so I don't know how much use it'll be to you - but I suspect some of us keepers do at times forget basic stuff, so perhaps it's worth mentioning.

Vipera's suggestion to not over think things is probably the best way to go. Your gut may give you the best results.

However with some things it may not ever be possible to determine the precise cause. Especially if there are multiple, synchronistic factors feeding in to the situation. In medicine there's something called a diagnosis of exclusion. Multiple tests that show nothing will eventually lead to the conclusion: if it's not a, b, c, d or e, then it must be x. If you see what I mean.

So: if it's a matter of making sure unwanted intrusions don't happen, we can set that as a rule with our protection commune. We can fine tune it along the lines of how and in what circumstances an ancestor can come through...etc etc. ie We can define our comfort boundaries, then enjoy the ride.

And you can ask your spirits to gently let you know things about what happened, in their own time. The more we can ease off and not be triggered, the easier it seems to be for them to slide info into our waking consciousness. A sense of playfulness or uninvolved detachment seems to let our waking mind stop influencing the flow of truthful messages. The more concerned we are, the easier it is to tune in to our concerns instead of what is objectively real.

Finally, there may be a lesson in this experience that could become clear to you later down the road.
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:17 am Finally, there may be a lesson in this experience that could become clear to you later down the road.
Ding-ding-ding, looks like you got it, friend! So, the week before this encounter I was jolted awake one night by a light pain in my chest. I noticed a numbness in my left arm even though I had been sleeping on my back. For a few minutes I was worried that I ought to unlock and open my front door, but then it subsided. I filed it away as "ehh, work's been stressful and I just started a new medication. Just let it be what it is."

Today my sister convinced me to get my blood pressure taken. 157/110. Disturbingly, potentially dangerously high. I made a trip to urgent care where they assured me I wasn't actually about to die but this should be considered a wake-up call. I'd avoided getting a physical for the last 8 years but more importantly had been living a sedentary lifestyle full of sugary and salty consumption every day with NO scheduled exercise to compensate for my WFH lifestyle. I got some quick blood pressure meds to lower things to more reasonable levels for now, and will be calling my old doc tomorrow to schedule a physical again.

The ancestors sending me this sign weren't trying to interfere with my original request, they were trying to keep me from joining them too early. To reflect on the causes of my other jolts in the night, since I was taking the time to reach out to them with questions anyways. There was a much more important answer to be given. I'll owe them another offering.
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Hitthuginn wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:17 pm Ding-ding-ding, looks like you got it, friend! So, the week before this encounter I was jolted awake one night by a light pain in my chest. I noticed a numbness in my left arm even though I had been sleeping on my back. For a few minutes I was worried that I ought to unlock and open my front door, but then it subsided. I filed it away as "ehh, work's been stressful and I just started a new medication. Just let it be what it is."

Today my sister convinced me to get my blood pressure taken. 157/110. Disturbingly, potentially dangerously high. I made a trip to urgent care where they assured me I wasn't actually about to die but this should be considered a wake-up call. I'd avoided getting a physical for the last 8 years but more importantly had been living a sedentary lifestyle full of sugary and salty consumption every day with NO scheduled exercise to compensate for my WFH lifestyle. I got some quick blood pressure meds to lower things to more reasonable levels for now, and will be calling my old doc tomorrow to schedule a physical again.

The ancestors sending me this sign weren't trying to interfere with my original request, they were trying to keep me from joining them too early. To reflect on the causes of my other jolts in the night, since I was taking the time to reach out to them with questions anyways. There was a much more important answer to be given. I'll owe them another offering.
I must admit, I feel a twinge of envy regarding your "intruders." As I expressed in my private blog, oh how I long to discover my ancestors so effortlessly. Your ancestors seem to lend you their watchful gaze. If you dare to seek a sign, it is not merely a sign that they will bestow upon you, but rather a gesture of love and nurturing. They surely deserve an additional offering! May you continue to tend to your own well-being.

Return to “Protection”