You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

This is a long one, and more of ‘I have to vent to maintain my sanity’ to someone who potentially understands. Or, perhaps, someone reading this has a good referral for psychiatric services.

At the least, maybe this information will help someone else.

So, we'll start off with how I seemed to have been introduced to Bastet--as the 'problem child' my wife has dealt with for decades and is now also 'taken care of' by my beloved LE and Keep. All of them have acquired more gray hairs because of me. :)|

This started about six months ago now, with a single LE and an ol' stubborn guy believing in the phrase 'anything can be brute-forced with a hammer’. I won’t speak of anything else about that incident, because anyone following those footsteps will most likely lose their life.

Anyhows, my ‘success', if it could be called that, left me in bad shape. Real bad. Physically, mentally, and spiritually, after about an hour’s experience.

Was it worth it? Maybe it wasn’t worth the risk in most people’s eyes, but yes.

Now, my LE and I don't discuss our religious beliefs, apart from her telling me not to neglect mine, but I'm of the assumption my LE is the Priestess or such for her village, and subscribes to the Egyptian Pantheon. I say this because recently, I got to 'sit in' on one of her village’s morning rituals by way of my wolf spirit, which was focused entirely on the rising sun.

I also believe this because at this time, with me being quite the mess, my LE called for backup.

Once I regained my clarity from my experience, I realized my cat was sitting on my lap, purring loudly and feeling like a heating pad on overdrive, staring straight into my eyes. My Ginger cat, who normally has yellow-gold eyes, now had large human brown eyes, full of knowledge, appraising me fully. Human-ish, anyway. Perhaps alien?

I'd have been worried, but my mind was mush. I did manage to ask, "Who are you?", and then the answer came out of my own mouth. “Oh, you’re the one the ancients worshipped, the one who dwelled within cats.” Those eyes then looked me up and down, and seemed to be pleased with my current state of recovery--and vanished. My cat’s normal eyes returned, and it leapt off after a bird flying by the window.

My LE then physically shoved me back on the couch and said ‘sleep’. It was instant, and lasted several hours.

I woke up exhausted, feeling like I just got over a full week of having a bad flu. I checked on my LE, and she was also exhausted. Sorry, love.

Of course, research had to be done. I needed to know who that was. Some of you probably already guessed, but I had to find out for myself—‘Bastet’.

And I now had a debt to repay. Because of ‘reasons’, anything involving worship of her was off the table. I did note an incident that occurred to her a couple of millennia ago, something that intertwined with me in a way. So, I did something incredibly childlike, and full of heart, much to the amusement of an entire heavenly realm and probably to Bastet’s shock and horror, lol.

Unrepentant in that action. :) I was pretty sure that was the last I would ever see of her.

It wasn’t. Her presence was noted now and then. I even felt obligated to get a little statue of her, just to acknowledge her existence and my gratitude for her generosity and kindness.Had a little spot on a bottom shelf picked out that fit the measurements of the statue. It was just a small, inexpensive statue, nothing major.

They sent me the ‘premium’ version. The only spot this sucker would fit was on the very top of the bookshelf. I felt a smug amusement fall over me as my wife put it up on top—after just giving her the lecture about how this had nothing to do with any form of worship, nor would it.

She got me on that one. Fine. No clue what to share/offer with an immortal—but I did have some 15-year-old aged rum that I use to toast the release of new novels.

That shot was gone by the end of the night.

All right, we’ll continue with that now and then. Sometimes it’ll be there for a week and I have to dump it, and other times it’s gone in a few hours. Pretty solid evidence for when she stops by.

Next up, after some time had passed, I ordered a metal folding table for camping. At least, I thought I did. What arrived was a chair cover. A thick, fuzzy chair cover, that was shaped like a black cat. Even had cute ears on top.

That snafu resulted in my money refunded, and keeping the item—they didn’t even sell anything like it, so no point in sending it back. Good thing, too, because my cat absolutely loves it—as if it had been sent just for him.

Huh. Guess this calls for a shot—for me, too. If I’m not already crazy, stuff like this’ll do it.

Feel lots of poking and prodding on occasions now. Someone wants my attention. I barely have enough attention to give to my current companions, which have grown in numbers. I’m not interested—I’m struggling as it is—they all deserve parts of my heart.

Plus, not sure if she just wants words with me… or wants to slap me.

The clincher was reading a random post here on the forum, and seeing this phrase, “…immortals can also become master living entities, particularly if someone reading these lines has a strong connection to an immortal…”

Someone reading these lines? Why word it like that? You know who you are, lol. Those words resonated with a bell going off—one that had just been bounced off the top of my head.

Now, I had already been casually seeking ‘something’ that would offer a connection to Bastet. Nothing stood out or seemed legit from anywhere. Did not want any type of portal that would place me before her. Wasn’t interested in any spells that would place her blessings on me. An immortal bound to a vessel? Actually bound? Yeah, I’m sorry, but calling BS on those.

After that bell hit, I checked CH. There it was, newly listed. Basically, a cell phone to talk to her—nothing funky or crazy, just direct, bridged, communication. On sale, of course.

Sigh. Fine, how bad could this be? Probably take a couple weeks to start and then get here, but it is bridged.

Chose a large 50 mm orb, and went to order a stand for it. Guess what was the very first item to pop up on my ‘orb holder’ Amazon search? A 50 mm Bastet orb holder, complete with three black Egyptian cats that serve as the base.

On sale, with two-day shipping. Like really on sale, the not-have-to-even-ask-the-wife-about the money sale. The build and quality far exceeded the price paid. I would expect it to be labelled around $100 in a shop. It cost me a happy-meal.

CH started the conjuring on Memorial Day—a major holiday when many stores are closed. Also, my birthday. Odd in and of itself. I felt the ‘ping’ I’m familiar with when someone is messing around with me, and lo and behold, the status was at ‘conjuring’. I’m still drinking my coffee, even.

Great, gonna feel ‘off’ all day from the bridging. Least I’m not at work. Need more coffee.

That moved into two days, until the conjuring status finally moved to processing. Just have to wait for the item to arrive. Should be quiet until then.

A day passed, and we spotted a huge dark snake passing on the other side of the gate at the end of our long driveway. Probably at least 15 feet long.

We have snakes here, it’s country. Rattlesnakes can get to 20, but they are lighter brown colored. Black racers and similar can get long, but they are quite skinny. We wouldn’t have seen one of them crossing the driveway at that distance.

Not sure if I need the shotgun or not.

A bit later, we checked for tracks. I’m not Legolas, but I’m pretty svelte when it comes to finding and identifying tracks. My wife has gotten pretty good herself.

There wasn’t any. None. Something that big would have left evidence of its passing. Sand, leaves, pine needles—all are great for forensics in matters like this.

Nothing—but I got a hunch. Time to do the Google.

Whelp, there it is. Nehebkau, Egyptian snake immortal—and Bastet’s ‘protector’. Guess he got security detail for the VIP arrival. I felt like the trade ambassador in the Star Wars Prequels—“Now there’s two of them?!”

Nope. Day later, sitting inside the screened back porch having coffee in the morning. Yeah, I do this often. There’s a large clearing and then a wall of forest behind the house. Miles of nothing beyond that. These are my zen moments.

The zen was interrupted by the cry of a hawk. Binoculars in hand, I start scanning the direction it came from. Wasn’t hard to find the source, there is now a huge new nest on the tallest tree visible near the forest line.

Complete with a hawk, wings outstretched to show its majesty, and it is staring directly at me.

Yeah, I already know this one. Even if it’s not, I’m calling this hawk Horus. Yeah, the child wants to check things out and make sure Mom is going to be safe when she comes. Probably wants to keep an eye on me, too.

That’s… great.

Horus is quite protective of this area. A flock of large ravens found out the hard way. Horus came out of the sky like a lightning bolt and a scream for thunder. He did his air breaking in the middle of the clearing, right in front of me, before taking off after the ravens. Actually looked exactly like the hieroglyphic portrayal on those temple walls—tail flared, wings outstretched, beak open with a scream.

It’s nice and quiet now. Ravens are noisy. I do love hawks.

My cat is an indoor cat, by the way.

Wonder who else is going to show up. Sigh.

Know what? I’m not even going to pay attention anymore. Seen ‘nuff. Ya’ll keep it peaceful like, ya hear? Shutting down all surveillance.

The night before this ‘vessel’ was to arrive, came with an uncanny dream. I can lucid dream—this went beyond that. I was fully aware of my conscious dream body, AND my physical body. I knew my position, and even knew I was snoring, among other things.

This was projection/lucid or something or other.

Other than drooling in bed, I was in a large boat on the water. Probably a river. Wooden, older construction—perhaps ancient. It had multiple decks inside, lit with torches—and someone was calling me. The lower decks had others walking around, that for some reason, I didn’t bother noting. I only sought the source of that call, on one of the upper decks that was devoid of any other presence, apart from… her.

I found her up the stairs and left into the hallway. A privacy curtain covered the alcove type thing she sat in. Long legs with large paws were visible beneath the curtain. It was one of those legs that had stretched out across the hallway and stopped me from walking past. The discussion that followed is for me alone. I will say, I didn’t get slapped, lol.

It ended with one of those paws being placed on the center of my chest. She made a statement, and then shoved me, (a playful shove, mind you), telling me to wake up. I blinked, closing my eyes as she shoved—

—and finished with my eyes open laying in my bed, fully awake.

That statement revealed that she was fully aware we were in a dream, and that she was also fully aware of my body in my bed.

That was very weird for me, to say the least. Might need Xanax in my coffee.

I didn’t get much time with the vessel when it arrived the next day. Only enough time to note the feeling of energetic pulses coming from within it, and the sudden pressing down on the top of my head.

One of those “Are you sure you don’t want to bow down and worship me?”

Nope, but I did give a respectful nod in acknowledgment.

Rum and ice cream were on the menu that night, though.

Yesterday was a family day, and started the bonding week with a red dragon, happily burning a hole in my pocket with his vessel. Literally.

Today is errand/grocery day, but tomorrow a little time is going to be set aside for ‘her’.

And I have no clue what to expect, after all of this.

Maybe that slap is still coming.
A wise Earthen Elemental Wolf Spirit once said to me,
"Why speak magick? Be magick!"
madgar29
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

sounds like your having fun with the eygptian gods :) very excited for you. i like some of the stories.

I myself have a strong connection to certain immortals, i want to grow certain ones. i want to grow a relationship with mylitta. but the immortals that have naturally been strong with me without me worshiping. has been APOLLO, his uncle of the sea, juno, and a japanese god of the moon, and indian god indra. mine are all over the place that i connect to strongly. i am sure i missing a chinese one.

simply saying we connecting to other immortals sometimes we dont even know it i want to get this one but i think i have heard in my portal to the temples....

i am just happy for u for having such a connection to urs. and yes they can feel like a LE or a very powerful spirit. Apollo loves to give me beautiful vivid dreams. where indra i can literally feel his rage or his peace. what i know about the immortal your talking about. immortals are odd, in the way they can be very dynamtic in what they do to certain people certain times. but my understanding of her she isnt the type to harm someone. unless you actually crossed her. same with santa murette she is very sweet unless you cross her then she can even be BA. i try to stay respectful with all spirits and immortals because thats who i am.

i do remember waking up and i said osmething rude to a spirit. lol. and it felt like she was poking me with a needle after i was rude and i had to say sorry. but other than that i never had issues other than when i got my aztec princess she wasnt happy with me when she first got me. but later now she is very sweet.
post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gancanagh
My magical/paranormal name...: "The Other Wise Raven of Odin" (My UN in Old Icelandic)

The Egyptian gods are truly an odd but fun bunch. The moment I saw the part about "the rising sun" in a ritual, I knew Horus would at least at some point be involved. He's not the only Kemetic God associated with the sun; in fact there are many in the pantheon with connections to it. There is a reason the quote for H in my signature references that. Sometimes things will be reflected in you whether you want them to be or not.

I have shared the position you have about Bastet with Aphrodite; trying to have a strictly transactional, non-devotional relationship. I'm not saying this can't work, but I should advise that by my own moral code (and H's, at her suggestion), that the exchange of gifts does constitute worship. It is a Gifting Cycle, with reciprocal responsibility entailed. In a transactional relationship the build-up of this may be slow, but if maintained it will become more serious! So I do recommend taking a bit to assess if it would be a serious compromise to you to actually willfully worship Bastet; by my standards you are doing so already. It is clear that the goddess is feeling highly motivated to make her presence known to you. In my experience, certain deities LOOOOOOOOVE to spread via partnerships. I don't know enough about Bastet to say whether this is an intuitive trait of her, but I would say it seems to be an approach she is taking here! Interested in seeing what happens between you and her, as well as the other Kemetic deities.
I wear the sun. Reflect me in yourself, and yourself in me. - H, Cleopatra Djinn and Queen of my spirit family
Do not struggle against your emotions. Feel them. They are real. They exist. Then they will pass. - L, Kinnara
Don't stay angry if you don't know why. - R, Orange Dragon
Red! No, Green. Or Blue! - I, Waif Faery (when asked what occupation she would have)
H-I-T-T-H-U-G-I-N-N - L, Air Faery saying her favorite animal via pendulum
mcm442
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
Zodiac:

@madgar29 Haha, yeah, early morning grumbling can get you into trouble! And I also see that Bastet is quite loved among the others--crossing her would bring all their wrath upon me. I have no desire to, though.

@Hitthuginn The worship part is going to be a struggle, no lie. I left it out since it seemed to be a buzzkill for the way I was trying to steer the tone in my post, and I've been trying to keep my theology off the forums. But I did wake the morning after the conjuring was completed to a statement given to me. "Take no other gods before me." There was no anger, but it was clear I needed to set things correctly. Using 'Immortal' alone is an important part in settings things correct in my mind. I did have the habit as referring to her differently before. Considering who she is, it's hard not to get the starry-eyed awe and wonder attitude.

Bastet already knows I'm smitten by her, so she's going to constantly challenge me, (playfully,) I'm sure. That's actually a good thing though--I've gotten incredibly lazy with my proper devotions. Now, they are quite important. It's also a result of the stunt I pulled. ;*D

In fact, I have to jump back in here and state she's got her hand on my head, pressing down right now, asking "If I'm sure?" lol. I have a response to that, but it can't be stated in public. ^..^ I made another response, too, (theological,) and I swear I can see her eye twitching. x*D --and that is how I can keep the dynamic proper.

I have walked the razor's edge for a long time though. I have had a number of conversations with the one I call Iblis Morningstar, so I'm kind of used to this. Challenge inspires growth--and that is my ultimate goal.

Aphrodite is correct. However, worship has many levels. I do worship my wife, to be blunt. I know "you can't say that!", but anyone stating that is just trying to be a lawyer and can go pound salt. And let's not forget I'm a cat owner, and have to deal with the little 'diety' and his 'this offering doesn't please me, I want something else." He does this at the top of his cat tree, which puts him over our heads and looking down, lol.

Anyone seeing his spot with his numerous little bowls could easily call it an altar.

Non-devotional isn't quite correct, though. Devotion, along with love, I share freely with all of my companions. It's actually expected of me, so that isn't a problem.

And... there it is. It all just snapped into place as a result of working on this post. In a big way, too. Thank you, @Hitthuginn, your challenge was the exact trigger I needed.

I, uh, need to go get a tissue.
A wise Earthen Elemental Wolf Spirit once said to me,
"Why speak magick? Be magick!"
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
My magical/paranormal name...: "The Other Wise Raven of Odin" (My UN in Old Icelandic)

mcm442 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:59 pm The worship part is going to be a struggle, no lie. I left it out since it seemed to be a buzzkill for the way I was trying to steer the tone in my post, and I've been trying to keep my theology off the forums. But I did wake the morning after the conjuring was completed to a statement given to me. "Take no other gods before me." There was no anger, but it was clear I needed to set things correctly. Using 'Immortal' alone is an important part in settings things correct in my mind. I did have the habit as referring to her differently before. Considering who she is, it's hard not to get the starry-eyed awe and wonder attitude.
Understandable! At the end of the day, your theology is yours alone and we all choose how to navigate it.

mcm442 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:59 pm I have walked the razor's edge for a long time though. I have had a number of conversations with the one I call Iblis Morningstar, so I'm kind of used to this. Challenge inspires growth--and that is my ultimate goal.
Absolutely!
mcm442 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:59 pm Aphrodite is correct.
To clarify my statement, I didn't relay this specific post to her and ask her opinion; rather what I meant by "sharing your position" is that I've had a strictly transactional relationship with her (as well as Hathor on behalf of H). I can say that with time those relationships are slowly developing into a greater sense of devotion which I am now comfortable calling worship separate of my own Norse/Germanic faith. It all started just as extending an offering on behalf of someone else, and now I am trying to be a proper devotee to them myself!
mcm442 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:59 pm Anyone seeing his spot with his numerous little bowls could easily call it an altar.
I'd definitely say the ancient Egyptians were ahead of the curve as far as treatment of cats! LOL
mcm442 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:59 pm And... there it is. It all just snapped into place as a result of working on this post. In a big way, too. Thank you, @Hitthuginn, your challenge was the exact trigger I needed.

I, uh, need to go get a tissue.
Excellent! Work with immortals is always a very unique and personal thing. It will be fascinating to see how your journey develops and what balance you find works for you and your household.
I wear the sun. Reflect me in yourself, and yourself in me. - H, Cleopatra Djinn and Queen of my spirit family
Do not struggle against your emotions. Feel them. They are real. They exist. Then they will pass. - L, Kinnara
Red! No, Green. Or Blue! - I, Waif Faery (when asked what occupation she would have)
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

Also, your blurb about the Bastet statue being much more "premium" than expected reminded me of my own story to share about a stone obelisk I "inherited" from my ex's deceased grandmother which I thought might be a few inches tall but was actually over 2 feet! I got pictures of it which I'll try to remember to share after my shift ends. I'm getting called to log in to the grind right now...
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 205
Spelled Number: 490
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

*Humming while watching the clouds drift by.* I'm not sure who you're referring to, but I believe I have an idea. Let's keep it just between us as a secret. I would gladly take on the role of being the messenger from the Universe. Alright, I happened to come across your post at around 2 am last night, but unfortunately, I've forgotten the detailed response I had planned to write. Lol. So please excuse the jumbled contents of this message. Nonetheless, I want to wish you a belated happy birthday! You received a truly precious gift this year. Perhaps it's the perfect time to celebrate in a grand way?

But, since you only had one LE at the time, I think it made perfect sense that when your LE called for backup, it alerted Bastet. And she has watched over you and protected you, perhaps without your knowledge, until you welcomed more spirits into your home. And there were just more signs manifested to you over time.

Although I trust that our individual experiences with immortals and the concept of worshiping vary, it took me a long time to reach this understanding as well. Even when I received beautiful messages from some of the Immortals offering help, it didn't mean I had enough courage to work with them immediately. This is based on my own experience.

You are making much faster progress than I am in terms of the immortal connection. I am looking forward to seeing your connection grow even stronger. I can't wait to read more of your writings here. Your progress is exciting! Hehe.

I would like to add something extra. I firmly believe that it will greatly assist you in your current challenge. Worship typically includes regular rituals rooted in traditional guidelines or scriptures. It consistently adheres to a specific format that holds symbolic or doctrinal importance. Worship often encompasses prayers, chants, or incantations that are directed toward a deity or a higher power. Moreover, it entails a profound dedication to abiding by the teachings and moral codes associated with the religious or spiritual figure being worshiped.

When you offer something to Goddess Bastet, you express gratitude through these items. That's all. It is an act of thanks and respect that recognizes the benefits, blessings, and generosity she has brought into your life. These acts do not necessarily follow a formal or traditional ritual or adhere to a religious schedule, such as specific days of the month, and they lack a doctrinal framework. To my Keep, what you are expressing with these offerings is more about personal spirituality or cultural appreciation than formal religious worship. They can be occasional, sporadic, and tailored to individual feelings. You are not worshiping, as you are doing the same thing with your spirits and entities, offering them goodies here and there. If that's the case, then I absolutely "worship" these ladies in my Keep. Lol. It seems they have a knack for achieving what they want. *Sigh.*

I don't work with the Goddess Bastet, but I have some Egyptian spirits who adore Egyptian musk incense. I believe this would be something she would appreciate as well. Bastet is associated with protection and the home, and in ancient Egyptian offerings, people typically offered bread and beer, along with milk and catnip as they are appropriate for cats. Hehe. These are just some ideas to consider, and I would be eager to discover which ones she likes the most.
In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

Yes, I suppose I should qualify that I can only speak for myself and H regarding what constitutes worship. Nobody else. Indeed by my own personal standards I worship the whole of my spirit family too, and plenty of others would disagree with that! There is also a big significance in adopting the moral code or specific theological adherence associated with an immortal that is indeed a step above merely initiating a gifting cycle with them. Go by what is right for you, and you cannot go wrong. I do think Bastet's efforts to make herself known to you are impressive, and no doubt enhanced by your wife's prior involvement with her! It is also possible that the immortal's efforts are centered on speaking to or blessing HER through you rather than to you directly. My ex was an atheist but indirectly relayed messages from an immortal to me on more than one occasion. They can work in unexpected ways.

My ramblings aside, hopefully your light-bulb moment has given you some useful insight. Do post any updates if you feel so inclined!
madgar29
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I don't consider what I do wirh immortals as worship. Maybe friendship and dedication to such friend. But tarvos is right about one thing. Bastet is ur not linked to her she probably was there even when you didn't know it.

Happened to me with a few immortals. The biggest one that came to me without my knowledge or anything there is a few but Apollo. Is a personal one for me. And I didn't even know it. Then again one of my ancestors supposedly had an affair with Zeus so, I dunno if thsts why Apollo likes me or there is more to it my gut is saying there is something more personal to it. You never know your connections. Like thot is a good one from Egypt as well if you seek knowledge on anything.
madgar29
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Wirh immortals I mediate candles offerings the same I would Mt keep. But I have asked my daemons to represent me at their courts

Return to “Immortals”