Harpy or Fenrir

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
ShiVa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

I'm not considering getting one, but ever since Magnolia mentioned Ash working with Harpy's, I've been fascinated with them. They are giant bird like creatuers who have amazing magical abilities.

Do any of the forum members have them/work with them? If so, what's sorts of things do you do with them? I don't think there are any in here doing any major dark spells? Are they protectors aswell?

Also, anyone have a Fenrir? I know Alupha has one. Any experiences?

rh1ann
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I have both. The Harpy likes to assist in spells and various magicks that I do.

I have werewolves and a Fenrir. While both are protectors, the Fenrir is a much more fierce entity. My wolves are very playful and are always around. The Fenrir is around but is not sociable. He doesn't sit around and play with my cats or curl up on the sofa with me. Think of him as a BIG BAD MAJOR GUARDIAN. My Fenrir also lets me know when people come by who either are not what they seem or have bad intentions. Heh - when the Fenrir, Black Dragon, Djinn, Werewolves, Hellhounds and Gargoyles ALL are telling you that they don't like someone - I listen. Like I have much of a choice since they are all so vocal :crazy:

Where the gargoyles act like armour, the WWs like a shield .. the Fenrir acts like a bazooka to get rid of them.

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. --- Carl Jung
ShiVa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Lol, can you actually hear them? What do the Fenrir's sound like? Do they actually speak to you in english or just give you flash's or a feeling?

rh1ann
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Well...when they're all talking at once - it's kinda like being at a Yankee game. :daze:

Generally, I get them to talk one at time - I'm used to doing that at work when a ton of troopers call on the radio wanting everything *now* The ones who actually 'talk' are the harpies, hags, hellhounds, einrejar [yes I know that's spelled wrong], djinn and immortals. The others send pictures or sensations to me. My black dragon very rarely talks - he'll snort, huff and puff .. how DARE you disturb him with nonsense [cause he thinks he's better than that :D ] He bellows loudly when someone is getting out of line - it's almost like he's the 'ring leader'. I'm sure most people would be freaked out since there are so many entities at my place .. and so many *different* entities. It's kinda interesting to me because I'm a hermit. I tend to not go out and am quite solitary. And yet on the spirit plane - its Grand Central. :insane:

To answer about the Fenrir - he's kinda like the Wraiths. Only communicates when necessary - otherwise, it's on patrol. I get very strong imagery and feelings from him.

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. --- Carl Jung
Vortex
active contributor
active contributor

Interesting, so rh1ann you would say a Fenrir is a low maintenance spirit? I am building up some defensive forces for my parents, since they got harassed (or rather, robbed) by criminals some time ago and I suspect that wont be the last of it. Already got 2 extra wraiths en volkhs coming in; they would be on duty 100% with my parents, so practically will not be getting any personal attention from me. Was thinking of adding a basilisk since they are reclusive creatures too and like to guard it seems. A fenrir might also be something looking into?

AURA SHAMAN REDSTONE
PsiDraco
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

I'd like to know this as well. Are there any in here that actually consider themselves Warriors (use your abilities offensively/defensively), and do not solely depend on the abilities of your spirits?

Orchid-Dragoness
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

I do not suggest Fenrir to be sent out on a long-term basis.
Such as bridged to you and its vessel and then sent to protect your parents for a period of time.

Fenrirs are fierce protectors, somehow low maintenance, but a bit personal I think. Mine doesn't actually like leaving my side, nor does his friends, though they don't want to be bound. Not like wraiths or volkhs, not many people can stand it without getting quite a bit of headaches or such.

Harpy on the other hand, is a magickal one.
Not sure though, coz I've never had one so far.

Vortex
active contributor
active contributor

Ok, so thats not a great idea then. Anyone knows if a basilisk would feel the same (ie. does not like to leave its formal keeper for too long). The prob. is I cannot transfer the bridging really. Well, yes I could do it, but I dont want to so without consent. And It is not something I could ask my father directly, he would flip out lol.

- Edit - Sorry for hijacking the thread shiva LOL

AURA SHAMAN REDSTONE
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Along with a Hellhound, a Fenrir is another spirit I look forward to having around in the near future. I have researched plenty about them and have looked over their encyclopedia page a few times on CH - they will protect you to extreme levels, the only thing is that you may want to make sure you are absolutely ready to have one. May want to have experience with DA beings for a while and have an understanding of how intense their energies can get. From what I hear, the Fenrir is a very strong entity and that may be more than apparent in the energy it gives off. Some have stated that the energy could be overwhelming and difficult to get used to, but again I think it depends on the experience you have. It also depends on if the spirit wishes to test your strengths. You will definitely be happy having a Fenrir around, I am sure of that, but I think one just has to be very prepared for the feelings they are going to get. I might suggest that it could potentially help if you didn't go straight for a C5 if you are uncertain of if you can handle it or not. I don't know much about Basilisks other than that they are also amazing guardians, they are up there with the Fenrir and Wraith for sure if you get your hands on the right one.

ShiVa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Vortex wrote:Ok, so thats not a great idea then. Anyone knows if a basilisk would feel the same (ie. does not like to leave its formal keeper for too long). The prob. is I cannot transfer the bridging really. Well, yes I could do it, but I dont want to so without consent. And It is not something I could ask my father directly, he would flip out lol.

- Edit - Sorry for hijacking the thread shiva LOL
Vortex, why don't you just buy a spirit stone. unbridged? You don't have to tell your parents. Place it in your parents home and talk to him everytime you go there or just through thought when you arn't there. This is an interesting topic - has anyone bought spirits for family and friends, but haven't told them?

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”