language and spirits...

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
topazz
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

I have a question to ask about interaction with spirits.

I've heard before that sometimes there can be language difficulties between a new keeper and a spirit, have any of you experienced this and if so how did you overcome it? I've heard that most are able to communicate in your language easily...

Also, for spirits that come through from 'olden times' and this is their first chance back, do you personally find them having to adjust to the new ways, for instance technology? Do they really bother with this? Have you got to teach or advise them?

I personally have never had any major indication that a spirit can't understand me or needs help adjusting to this 'new age' but that's not to say that i'm aware of everything... For those that aren't getting much communication from their spirits, would the seasoned veterans advise you to tell them all about the 'new world' anyway, just in case they are a little confused??

Also, has anyone ever heard of spirits being unhappy with the current world and desiring the old ways?

Am interested in the different takes collectors have on this... Thanks guys xxx

It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird!

Dragon Lady
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

If you're talking about Human Spirits, I only have Boudicca to go on from expereince. While she is "interested" in things she has made no mention to me of wanting to know how things "work". I feel her hovering while I cook as tho she's curious but she's never come out and asked me about my methods. So I guess we haven't had any problems with our "time gap".

I hadn't thought of it before but I don't suppose if she were living that we would speak the same language! So far we've not had any issues and I hear her with an accent but I understand her fine.

Not much help am I? :oops:

Bright Blessings!

Tammy

"They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?" ~ Princess Diana ~
david2885
active contributor
active contributor

Topic Moved.

Hmm...well if you haven't seen it already, perhaps this may be of use:

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... f=32&t=653
Hunter:
It is, it’s just priceless. Oh, we have another question I’ve just noticed. David wants to know if you have a Chinese Immortal, are they just going to talk to you in Chinese? I mean, my Greek Immortals talk to me in English so…

Magnolia:
No. Well if you speak Chinese certainly they can. They want to connect with you as much as you want to connect with them, and so they’re going to converse with you through whatever languages they know you’re capable of speaking. Dragons…if you hear dragons speaking Dragon, in literal, what dragon – I mean, none of us would be able to understand what they say. So they’re going to come to you and speak to you in a way that you know. They’re not going to speak gibberish to you. Although I have had many emails from people who have heard real dragon conversations in dragon tongue, but it’s not going to mean much to you, because you’re not…obviously… it’s not written anywhere, and there are people who are trying to decode languages of creatures such as dragons, but they’re going to come to you and contact you however is best, whatever you’re going to understand, so if you’re apprehensive about collecting an item, a vessel with a spirit such as a Chinese immortal, they’re not going to come to you and speak Chinese. Not unless you know it.

Hunter:I would be a little bit, Excuse me? Cuz I would go…say…I wouldn’t know what in the world Athena would’ve told me if she would’ve been speaking in Greek. That would’ve been Greek to me. (laughs) Okay sorry, I’m a little bit corny. But anyway, yeah that’s just great to know. I know that when even human spirits, when they’re in their spirit form, aren’t they kind of- have the ability to make impressions and let you know that- you know, in different tongues, I mean different languages.

Magnolia:
Most creatures –there are faery(?) exceptions – but most creatures don’t even speak human language, human dialect. There are some of them that make noises that aren’t even audible to human ears. So, they’re always going to come to you through whatever way they can best communicate with you. And there are times when you might hear something strange. Like I said, there’s a lot of people who collect dragons who end up hearing dragon tongue. I’m not sure, maybe they’re just trying to share a piece of themselves with you. As a community, as whole, we’re not really sure why. I think it’s just, they’re just trying to connect with you, they’re trying to share a part of themselves with you. And like I said there are people who actually record all of this and are trying to decode a lot of the different dragon languages. But most of the creatures they have their own dialects, they have their own languages, they have their own way of communicating to each other. So when they come to you in a spiritual form, they’re going to come to you in ways that you can understand, and the ways that you feel most comfortable with. If you’re the type of person who would faint if a ghost appeared to you, then a human spirit’s not going to come to you that way. At least not at first. Perhaps down the road as you connect with that human and as you come to know each other and become more comfortable with each other, they may start by showing you a shade, or an orb, or a streak of light, but they’re not going to come to you in a way that would cause you any offense.

topazz
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Thanks for the info Tammy and David (also for moving the topic, do it everytime don't i? :oops: :roll: )

Do you think it's something you should ask a spirit (whether human or any other)? Especially if you're not getting direct contact with him? I suppose the more you converse with a spirit, the more of a connection you're making so it can't hurt, can it?

Off the topic slightly, i had a strange conversation with one of my vamps the other day as i was trying to describe who Dolly Parton was... :shock: :mrgreen: So i suppose they're not aware of busty country singers in their realm... :twisted: LOL

Thanks for your thoughts though everyone !

xXxClairexXx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: A house cat
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Claire
Zodiac:

Hello topazz ^^

Before I was in New Zealand, I was speaking to my spirits in English, but now I do in Japanese and they are OK with it. Funny isn't it??

Most of the time, my spirits come to me in images in my head so the lanuage is not a big problem.

Live as you die tomorrow.
Dream as you live forever.

Collecting since June 2007

topazz
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I too get mostly the images Claire, so i think that's why i haven't had any issues either with language but that's interesting that you communicate with them in 2 different ones!

Beech
active contributor
active contributor

I had no problem conversing with my Faery right away in English, but the bonding ritual that came with my Djinn had a part where I stated I wished to communicate in the King's English. I suppose you could ask to communicate in any language you wanted, I just happen to speak English.

xXxClairexXx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: A house cat
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Claire
Zodiac:

Oh btw, when my spirits do talk to me in words, it is always in English ^^

Live as you die tomorrow.
Dream as you live forever.

Collecting since June 2007

mane79nll
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Gryphon does not speak English or any human language. He will most often communicate with me in some sort of bird call. Then, I will communicate with him in English. I don't understand his language but I can sense what he is trying to tell me.

Now I have a salamander with me. He seems to be hissing in my brains. Which gives me a slight headache.

For lifting an autumn down is not considered great strength, seeing the sun and the moon is not considered a sign of sharp vision, hearing thunder is not considered a sign of sensitive hearing
Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

::bump:: This may be a helpful thread for some. ::bump::

Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]

Return to “Connecting”