new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 4
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I know a lot of people on this site have master vessels or have their spirits bound to their soul and stuff like that, but for those of you who have a large keep, how do you bring vessels with you? Do you just wear their vessels, or put them in a bag?

I ask because I felt bad for putting all of my magickal items and vessels in a pencil pouch when I take them with me anywhere (if I leave them laying around, then that would run the risk of a little sibling snatching it and doing who knows what with it, someone else finding it and asking questions, or even the dang cat swiping them off and breaking them-), so I recently bought a jewelry traveling case. It arrived today, and I spent a good few minutes explaining what was up to my keep before I arranged their vessels and my other magickal objects inside. The case itself is a little larger than my hand, fits nicely in my purse, and is overall A tier.

I really hope my keep is alright with me putting them together like that, thought...I can't really communicate with them yet, so I could always try the pendulum when I get the chance to ask each of them individually! I do take them out and put them on my bedside table before I sleep, though, lol

But I'm curious! What do you guys find works best for your keep?

RedWine
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Hi Brie,

If you have any dark arts have you checked the encyclopedia to see what their subduing methods are? for example Cat Sides are not fond of confined spaces which you can read at the bottom of this article https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ht=cat+sid

Thats the only thing that comes to mind for me atm to be sure you are not making it unpleasant for any of them unintentionally. Hope this helps :)

*>*
Love Light and Dark Blessings
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

@Brie I don't risk taking my spirits' vessels with me, as I don't want to lose them. It can help to connect with a companion and feel their presence but, as all my CH vessels are bridged, I really don't need to do that.

There's a general principle that when we're well bonded with a bound spirit (or LE) companion they and we can communicate wherever we are. If you think about it that happens with unbound, attached spirit companions, so why not with bound ones too? For those companions not conjured by CH, I rely on that.

Also I think I rely on the fact I have a large spirit family and they can communicate well with each other.

It'd probably be best to confirm with each seller of a spirit binding that you have whether they agree with that or not.

Some sellers will only recommend we carry the vessel around with us - if we can - for the first couple of weeks. It varies.

All of my CH vessels are bridged to me, as are ones I've bound myself with CH items, so the bridging can be used to connect with the vessel from no matter how far away.

(CH only does bind to spirit btw, not bind to soul. Bindings to soul are said to be a bad idea. In fact CH sells items to protect the soul from tampering like bindings. 'Spirit' in this case means the totality of our energy field. With competent practitioners like CH that's absolutely no problem but we really don't want to let just anyone - ie practitioners that aren't competent or worthy of our trust - mess about with our energy field.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I do have a Neutral Arts Master Vessel but I wear everybody's vessels because I love wearing jewelry, and they love when I wear their vessels. It makes them feel close to me.
You should at least wear the vessels to bed, if you have put them on your bedside table.
I think your Keep is going to be fine since I've put my White and Dark Arts together. It shouldn't make much of a difference, since you've already had them bridged. It's whatever feels comfortable to you—your Keep will adjust.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Osean
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

I have a lot of mine bridged to me so I can leave some vessels home. of the ones that aren’t bridged to me I wear some and carry others in a recharging g bag.

Amberly
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

A lot of good suggestions here. My suggestion, outside of what has already been said, is maybe check out the store. I know that Creepy Hollows has a master vessel item where you can link all of your companions to one vessel so you don't have so many spirited or spelled items to carry around. There's also a transmute bag available and you can move spirits together; I've heard of one individual having over 100 spirits in an item and they got along just fine - of course talk to the spirits first. I know the master vessel and transmute is essentially the same thing, but one option might be better for you than the other. Another idea is if you don't have the time and want to travel with all your companion's vessel is to go to the local store and purchase a craft box, tackle box, or something else that has multiple dividers; place old pieces of cloth and wrap their vessels up in that to travel with them that way. Travelling by car would be much easier for the last method - in my opinion.

Bon Voyage!! <3

~Amberly~

Dare to be Different; Dare to Dream ~ Moi/ME
I'm the village crazy lady, that's my job ~Grandma Tala (Moana)
Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something ~Morihei Ueshiba
Brie
new here
new here
Zodiac:

RedWine wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:17 am
If you have any dark arts have you checked the encyclopedia to see what their subduing methods are? for example Cat Sides are not fond of confined spaces which you can read at the bottom of this article https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ht=cat+sid

Thats the only thing that comes to mind for me atm to be sure you are not making it unpleasant for any of them unintentionally. Hope this helps :)
Ooh, I don't believe I've ever heard about that spirit before. I've done some research about the spirits I have, and the ones that I couldn't find any information on, I just wear their vessels on me, to avoid accidentally making them uncomfortable or anything

Brie
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:10 am @Brie I don't risk taking my spirits' vessels with me, as I don't want to lose them. It can help to connect with a companion and feel their presence but, as all my CH vessels are bridged, I really don't need to do that.

There's a general principle that when we're well bonded with a bound spirit (or LE) companion they and we can communicate wherever we are. If you think about it that happens with unbound, attached spirit companions, so why not with bound ones too? For those companions not conjured by CH, I rely on that.

Also I think I rely on the fact I have a large spirit family and they can communicate well with each other.

It'd probably be best to confirm with each seller of a spirit binding that you have whether they agree with that or not.

Some sellers will only recommend we carry the vessel around with us - if we can - for the first couple of weeks. It varies.

All of my CH vessels are bridged to me, as are ones I've bound myself with CH items, so the bridging can be used to connect with the vessel from no matter how far away.

(CH only does bind to spirit btw, not bind to soul. Bindings to soul are said to be a bad idea. In fact CH sells items to protect the soul from tampering like bindings. 'Spirit' in this case means the totality of our energy field. With competent practitioners like CH that's absolutely no problem but we really don't want to let just anyone - ie practitioners that aren't competent or worthy of our trust - mess about with our energy field.)
Those are some very good points, some I haven't thought about, thank you! I'll have to ask some of the sellers I've purchased from about this. And sorry, I mean spirit (I still get sort of confused about the two terms. I'm trying, though, I promise TwT)

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I have a vessel that link bridges all my companions vessels. Even still, I bring their original vessels with me in little mesh bags. My dragons are in one bag, fae and elves in another.. Vamps and da in another. Angels etc.. But they all get placed in one big bag and stay in my backpack while I'm out and about. None of them have any issues being together. I have a range of arts all across the spectrum. I do keep my vampire bat, basilisk, Hydra and kraken all in one bag though as they seem to like that.
When I get home I take them out, place them wherever I am. They sleep under my pillow and I hold their bags while I meditate

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖆
cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

One of the reasons I have my companions bound to my spirit is so they have the choice to travel with me

But each time I leave the house, I ask if anyone would like to come along, and I usually get requests from at least a few who want me to carry their vessels with me. If it’s more than a few, I wrap their vessels up in a lovely tarot bag (along with a deck they choose) and carry it in my bag. They know their vessels will be lumped together and so they often come in groups/pairs- i.e. if my Draugr insists on me carrying his vessel, our Watcher friend automatically comes. So I’ve learned they often rotate out who’s coming along that day in their preferred groups!

The vessels are like cellphones, and some days (especially my companions who are protective) want me to have their vessels physically on me so they can communicate with me faster & easier

Return to “Spirit Keeping”