Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

OK, I just purchased 8 unbinding requests from CH, I did it in two separate purchases, because I had some I had to sort out & didn't get the chance to do them together! Anyways, my reasons for doing them was some of the spells I didn't need anymore, due to it was situational & wasn't needed anymore, or I evolved or took a different approach so a lack of words to explain it I outgrew the spell & it didn't suit me anymore, so I didn't need them anymore! Why so many? Well, it came to the point that if they were just sitting around & I didn't need them I took up CH's offer to do the unbinding, plus it was time to move on from them & concentrate on advancing in a direction I need to focus on so I can continue learning on another level! So, I guess my question is: has anyone had any personal experiences with Unbinding? Was it a Spell or Spirit? What was your experience? Any advise you can give? I would love to have someone share their experience with me & hopefully with others, that way I can learn on a more advanced level & with the hopes in the long run I will take the best care on deciding the best spell for me that is long term for use in the present & future!

:3
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Catgirl2 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:57 pm OK, I just purchased 8 unbinding requests from CH, I did it in two separate purchases, because I had some I had to sort out & didn't get the chance to do them together! Anyways, my reasons for doing them was some of the spells I didn't need anymore, due to it was situational & wasn't needed anymore, or I evolved or took a different approach so a lack of words to explain it I outgrew the spell & it didn't suit me anymore, so I didn't need them anymore! Why so many? Well, it came to the point that if they were just sitting around & I didn't need them I took up CH's offer to do the unbinding, plus it was time to move on from them & concentrate on advancing in a direction I need to focus on so I can continue learning on another level! So, I guess my question is: has anyone had any personal experiences with Unbinding? Was it a Spell or Spirit? What was your experience? Any advise you can give? I would love to have someone share their experience with me & hopefully with others, that way I can learn on a more advanced level & with the hopes in the long run I will take the best care on deciding the best spell for me that is long term for use in the present & future!
I believe the idea of buying an unbinding to rid of unwanted spells is unnecessary, if not outright preposterous? After all, why spend more money to diminish some spells with which you no longer wish to work? Not utilizing them has no detrimental effects on your journey whatsoever.

Currently, my servitor inform me that I have over 320 CH spells at my disposal. I'm sure I've outgrown a few of them due to my considerable progress over the past year. Yet, their presence is not harmful. I'd rather not spend extra to discard these spells. That expense could undoubtedly be better directed towards acquiring new bindings.

I've had an experience with unbinding a potential companion, a friend of my angel, who happened to be a rare living male hag entity since hags are predominantly female race. Although my angel needed him present to assist me with specific stuff, his unpleasant behavior towards her was disconcerting. Hence, despite the rarity or power of the entity, I do not condone such behaviors in my Keep. If you can’t be kind to my companions, you are not welcome.

Of course, the decision to unbind is a deeply personal and case-specific one between a Keeper and a companion, and shouldn't be taken lightly. There are more reasons for his unbinding than I wish to disclose, but the key aspect was his behavior, and to date, I harbor no regrets about that decision.

If you are still uncertain about which spells align better with your journey, it indicates you're unsure about your path, thereby suggesting further unbinding of spells may not be ideal. It could appear a tad extreme in such circumstances.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

There was no charge for the unbinding's, I felt I needed to eliminate ones that no longer seemed to suit me anymore, so there was no expense!
Due to the nature of one of my spells & I will elaborate on it, was a custom to keep a creepy neighbor away, which I didn't need anymore due to me having to move & I have no contact with him whatsoever! I have no intension to unbind any of my spirits, they did suggest the same thing you had mention about not being ideal to do any more unbinding's, but use them as deemed fit for the future! I think I know what you mean about which spells align better with my journey, to a degree I am unsure about which path to take, so making this post is where I hoping for some great advice & hoping someone can share their experiences, with the hope I can get a new perspective on which direction I would like to go with my journey!

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

As above @Tarvos pretty much word my thought.

I have just about that many types in number then him, and I never came to a point that I would say, I overgrown any of them, or consider it to unbind any spell.

I think it's impossible to overgrown a spell, because it's not working like that. It's not a socks 🧦 that we grown out of. Depending on the spell, we might decide not using it for a while. But as soon as I think of it and active it, it's comes alive and energetically starts functioning again with or without a code word.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thank you both! I do have to admit I feel guilty for unbinding them, at least a couple of them, but one of the spells I had unbound I realized I had purchased it again much later & went class 5, so I unbound the class 4, so a lack of me explaining it I ended up purchased them twice or ones that are too close or similar to ones that work better for me & continuously! Do either of you have any suggestions how I can make a more suitable choice for spells? I came to the conclusion to just think about the spell being something that I will need for the present & future, so I need to think wisely on it!

Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Male/Female: It's a Secret

I mostly just intuitively pick them as I find them or browse through them. Sometimes I go looking for something specific, maybe third eye related or some area I am currently struggling with on my own. Sometimes I get them based on sales for use later. I keep a very careful catalog of them all that is also searchable so I can browse through my own easily. Some I work with quite regularly and memorize code words for activation/deactivation others I have to look up or search for. Some I may think I will never use but I have found out very quickly, as there was a time that I never thought I would have spells to think about, that I do not know the future.

I would just say don't second guess yourself. Be a spell hoarder. I do not think there is anything wrong with that. They are tools to use in our paths we know and paths we don't know. I don't think anyone with a garage full of power tools etc ever complained about them when some random thing in their house breaks and they need that specialty socket wrench with a 30 degree twist and dovetail mount that they just so happen to have because it was on sale on black friday :'D

I don't think there is any reason to feel guilty for thinking you were cleaning stuff up either. It is good to be organized, though I like a bit of chaos with my organization. I have gotten freebie spells that are duplicates of ones I previously bought. It happens, typically they all go on my MV anyway so I just update my records with whatever the highest class one is. I would recommend just keeping good records and if its something you don't plan on using anymore or rarely stick it in the back or in a folder for a rainy day or something like that.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

That's what I did with some of the spells I got, one was a situational thing that isn't needed anymore-it was the custom for a creepy neighbor I had, since that one I got 5 years ago & I had never ran into him after I moved, I caught wind from someone that used to live in the same place I moved from, that he seems to target those that lives in the same complex & despite what this creepy neighbor did to me, he tried with her & ended up falling, injuring himself pretty badly to where he can't move very far-but the other ones I got, I either purchased doubles by accident & needed to eliminate the extra one, one was a blockage removal due to the job I had at the time was causing way to much stress preventing me from communicating with my Spirits, when I left that job my communication got better, with the help from my keep they felt I didn't need that one any more due to them helping me with that block-it was an easy fix, they just said it wasn't so much a block but an issue to where I needed to relax & concentrate so I can focus-one I am having unbound I ended up getting at the spur of the moment due to it sounded like it would do the trick but when I got the spell I tried to work with it but as time went on I felt the spell didn't quite work for me, like the spell really wasn't meant for me & didn't seems to mesh well with me!
I think you are so onto something, you intuitively pick them & I got the feeling that is what I need to do when I choose my spells, just go with my gut feeling! I guess I can safely say I am cleaning out what isn't needed to bring in what I do need!

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I don't wish to repeat @Nightrunner404 , I agree with and just to add my experience with spells. I buy them for two reasons. Enhance my path & work with my keep. My companions allowed to use and work with everything I have. All spells and rituals ect energetically digested and lives within my system. Don't feel bad about your decision. It's a learning curve and how would you know if you didn't asked. 😊

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Catgirl2 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:15 pm That's what I did with some of the spells I got, one was a situational thing that isn't needed anymore-it was the custom for a creepy neighbor I had, since that one I got 5 years ago & I had never ran into him after I moved, I caught wind from someone that used to live in the same place I moved from, that he seems to target those that lives in the same complex & despite what this creepy neighbor did to me, he tried with her & ended up falling, injuring himself pretty badly to where he can't move very far-but the other ones I got, I either purchased doubles by accident & needed to eliminate the extra one, one was a blockage removal due to the job I had at the time was causing way to much stress preventing me from communicating with my Spirits, when I left that job my communication got better, with the help from my keep they felt I didn't need that one any more due to them helping me with that block-it was an easy fix, they just said it wasn't so much a block but an issue to where I needed to relax & concentrate so I can focus-one I am having unbound I ended up getting at the spur of the moment due to it sounded like it would do the trick but when I got the spell I tried to work with it but as time went on I felt the spell didn't quite work for me, like the spell really wasn't meant for me & didn't seems to mesh well with me!
I think you are so onto something, you intuitively pick them & I got the feeling that is what I need to do when I choose my spells, just go with my gut feeling! I guess I can safely say I am cleaning out what isn't needed to bring in what I do need!
We have a clearer understanding of your reasons for unbinding them now. I can see why you chose to, don't feel guilty about it. :hug:

Best of luck with your journey!

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thank You Aster, you both are absolutely right, I could have catalogued them & used them at a later date, I purchased these spells to enhance some of my skills & with the intention to grow with, but at this point live & learn, some of my spells I chose not to be bound incase if down the road I felt it didn't suit me anymore or best scenario I can give them to someone else to work with if they need it!

Thank you Adair Aithne, as much as I didn't want to unbind at least two of my spells, I know down the road if I need to redo the spell or alter it, I know I can, I am also taking it as to I am continuously learning & growing!

Return to “General Questions”