neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Sholeran wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:06 am Thank you for all the help everyone. Using the pendulum ID kinda tough lol, I try to keep my mind clear but sometimes my pendulum doesn't move a bit. Other I ask the same question and it moves a completely different direction from before. Makes a bit hard to determine what's a "yes" answer and what's a "no" answer. I've cleansed my space a couple times and used the shielding technique in the CH pendulum forum guide, I'm thinking that maybe I'm not calm enough and that I should meditate before I start working with it again. Can't forget to relax and go easy on myself lol.
I also found that I need to be in the right mind space for the pendulum to work. If I’m not calm or being present, the pendulum would not move.

For the different directions, you can ask the pendulum to move in your specific direction, ie “Please move counter clockwise if the Earth is round”. And always ask control questions, questions that you already know the answer to, at the beginning of the session to establish the directions for yes/no for that session. Most of the time it should be the same for all sessions for the same spirit, but it can change, so always ask control questions first. Another thing to note is each spirit can move the pendulum differently. I preferred it this way as it allows me to easily know who I am talking to (each spirit in my keep has their unique movement for yes and no). If this is not desirable, you can have fixed directions. Easiest way to do this is make a simple pendulum board on a piece of paper with yes, no, maybe, etc mark out. The pendulum should move to the location where the yes/no was written.

Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

Sholeran wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:07 am @Darknorth okay I'll give it a go, is there a Tarot Card section too? I've considered using them buy I have to get myself a deck, and I gotta find put how to use em lol, never even touched a tarot deck before.

I've been using my tarot deck for quite some time now, so I can offer some suggestions. When I got mine, first thing I did was cleanse it, and then I tapped my deck three times to put my energy into it.

Following that I divided the deck into three sections stacking the sections once again then I did my preferred method of shuffling. (Each person has their preference on how to cleanse their deck, shuffle etc.) I like to spread the cards out and just mix them up in a large pile since that prevents bending them. After which I begin my reading.

I relax and clear my mind either choosing one of my companions myself or letting one choose to speak through the deck themselves depending on the situation.Then I ask the question choosing the cards I'm drawn too then interpreting them based on the meaning of each card & whether or not they are upright or reversed (upside down.)

After I conclude the reading, I thank the spirit that participated cleansing my deck each time between readings and I also put it under my pillow at night too.

I hope that helps you.

^^

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Sholeran wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:06 am Thank you for all the help everyone. Using the pendulum ID kinda tough lol, I try to keep my mind clear but sometimes my pendulum doesn't move a bit. Other I ask the same question and it moves a completely different direction from before. Makes a bit hard to determine what's a "yes" answer and what's a "no" answer. I've cleansed my space a couple times and used the shielding technique in the CH pendulum forum guide, I'm thinking that maybe I'm not calm enough and that I should meditate before I start working with it again. Can't forget to relax and go easy on myself lol.
I've not read everything in every post, so I apologise if this had been said already.

One tip that has been given more than once in this Forum is to work up to big, important questions gradually. That work seems to fall into two:

i) Never ask life changing, a-lot-hangs-on-the-answer questions, eg 'Does my partner really love me?'; 'Am I a bad person?'; 'Is everyone out to get me?', 'Does God really exist?', 'Will my life ever be perfect?' etc. (At least not until the questioner is very practiced at getting verifiably accurate pendulum results - and probably not even then. And maybe take the answer into account, rather than depend entirely on it.)

ii) Try asking practice questions that you cannot know the answer to but it can be verified afterwards by research.

We may all approach things differently but I tend to treat divination as an answer, not the answer, if you know what I mean. I tend to bear divinatory answers in mind and not treat them as unshakeable truth. It's impressive and I get a kick when they turn out to have been right on track.

The other thing, as you probably know very well, is we're not always totally clear or in tune. Some sessions will be pure gold and others may feel like there's a block. So scheduling a session for when we're most likely to be clear, at our best and literally have uninterrupted time to devote to it gives a better chance of success. As does grounding , centering, clearing / cleansing oneself etc. (For those into DA, the CH Great DA Guidance book gives a DA energy tip for washing away the cares of the day and tuning into oneself, which might be another thing that can help.)

With time you'll most likely get to know yourself and how you're doing, whether it be with pendulum, ouija-letters, tarot, i-ching, watching clouds, opening books at a random page or just pure intuition.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

0x. My experience with using a pendulum; I got mine from Creepy Hollows, along with a small mat. I have never had a problem with using it, however if it's not cleansed regularly then it won't be as effective. So make sure you cleanse your pendulum.

I have cleaned mine with sage cleansing spray, and with incense smoke. I find the smoke to be more effective than the cleansing spray, since most pendulums are metal, and the water in the cleansing spray could cause rusting if you don't wipe it off. To me it's almost a waste of a product, so I stick with the smoke from smudging with sage or a sage/Palo Santo combo incense stick. 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I don't think that it's the matter of calmness here.
I recommend spending more time with your Keep and always start with "show me what 'yes' looks like." Also, do the same for "no." The pendulum movements will probably change a lot at first as it gets to know your energy better. Plus, your Keep doesn't know you that well yet. They may still mix up their answers between you and their guides for you.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Others have already given great advices...Pendulum is the last tool I use among all the possibilities...for sure out there there are people who use it and have great results but for me it is just very energy draining and also it depends too much on the stability of the hand, so I use it only when I have exhausted all the other communication tools, which is rarely. I think it is about using what feels more natural and easy, if pendulum does not give much back despite the efforts, it might be other tools are a better fit. At least that was my case. I am not saying not to practice with pendulum if you like that, just saying there are other methods that can be easier depending on the person of course.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Second it, as I am on the same page with you on this exactly as your experiences with the pendulum. I have 3, all different types and two of them are spell protected & attuned to me as a spirit keeper. Yet, I haven't had a proper session that was as good and flowing and easy as my telepathic writing sessions.

So I just wait, if I am not clear in the head, or feeling very emotional and put it off until then I can sit and write telepathically. Usually, lucid dreaming also started to be my divination intuitive tool, and I have been gifted a few tarot decks that I am getting better using with my spirit friends and rather gives me joy and surprising accuracy.

Angelik wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:06 am Others have already given great advices...Pendulum is the last tool I use among all the possibilities...for sure out there there are people who use it and have great results but for me it is just very energy draining and also it depends too much on the stability of the hand, so I use it only when I have exhausted all the other communication tools, which is rarely. I think it is about using what feels more natural and easy, if pendulum does not give much back despite the efforts, it might be other tools are a better fit. At least that was my case. I am not saying not to practice with pendulum if you like that, just saying there are other methods that can be easier depending on the person of course.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

ASTER wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:10 pm Second it, as I am on the same page with you on this exactly as your experiences with the pendulum. I have 3, all different types and two of them are spell protected & attuned to me as a spirit keeper. Yet, I haven't had a proper session that was as good and flowing and easy as my telepathic writing sessions.

So I just wait, if I am not clear in the head, or feeling very emotional and put it off until then I can sit and write telepathically. Usually, lucid dreaming also started to be my divination intuitive tool, and I have been gifted a few tarot decks that I am getting better using with my spirit friends and rather gives me joy and surprising accuracy.

Angelik wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:06 am Others have already given great advices...Pendulum is the last tool I use among all the possibilities...for sure out there there are people who use it and have great results but for me it is just very energy draining and also it depends too much on the stability of the hand, so I use it only when I have exhausted all the other communication tools, which is rarely. I think it is about using what feels more natural and easy, if pendulum does not give much back despite the efforts, it might be other tools are a better fit. At least that was my case. I am not saying not to practice with pendulum if you like that, just saying there are other methods that can be easier depending on the person of course.
Yes there are other methods that feel more comfortable for me too. Like you, I have tarots and I use them but not for spirit communication, more for my own readings and reading others. The telepathic writing is something I have tried couple of times, I feel that too is quite a nice method, words seem to flow quite effortlessly, I don't know why I have not used it more often, thanks for reminding me of it!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”