You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Manticore
If I could be anything, I would be...: Psy Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

About a month or two ago, I got a spirit bonding/conjuring pendulum and I'm not sure how to use it. There aren't many clear and concise or step-by-step guides on how to use a pendulum. Plus, I've heard they can be rather unreliable so I'm hesitant to use it to talk to my spirit family. If anyone has any advice on pendulum work or links to any guides/old forum posts on it, I'd greatly appreciate it!!!

Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I can only communicate with my keeps using a pendulum at the moment. Before use I cleansed the pendulum (you can look up the mega thread on pendulum or simply imagine a white light envelope the pendulum, clear out all negative energy). I then asked my spirit to show me a yes and no by asking controlled questions such as if the earth flat. I don’t ask my spirit to move the pendulum in a specific way but let them pick the directions for yes and no. This gives them more freedom and let me noticed that each spirit in my keep has their combination of yes/no directions, allowing me to have group bonding easier. You should ask questions that are not difficult for your spirit to answer, especially at the beginning where you are still forming the bond. You can ask questions about themselves like hair color, eyes color, height, likes/dislikes. These questions are easy for them to answers, will help with the bonding, and help with meditating with them t (since you have an idea what they look and feel like). Unfortunately pendulum can only give yes/no answers so all your questions will have to be answerable with a yes or no. It does limit the kind of questions you can ask but should not limit the amount if information you can get.

Another way to use pendulum is to combine it with another medium. I like to use my pendulum and tarot deck together. I ask my spirit a question and ask them to pick out a card from the deck that represents the answer to that question. For each card, I use the pendulum to ask if it is the card they chose. Eventually I will get a yes for the card which I can look at, try to interpret the card and ask if my interpretation is correct.

Also I am assuming you have the bonding pendulum from CH, then you should use it to bond with your spirit. Just 10-15 minutes a day with your spirit while holding the pendulum will help form the bond faster.

Using pendulum can also help you develop telepathy. Eventually you will hear the yes/no answer to your questions before the pendulum moved. At the beginning you made think that you are forcing an answer to the pendulum but you will learn you separate that telepathy answer from your own thoughts. For example the yes/no answers I get telepathically tend to be loud, clear, very concise and with lots of authority - different from my normal everyday thoughts. Though I only get this from my first spirit who I have the deepest bond with.

Sholeran
new here
new here
Zodiac:

@Darknorth okay I'll give it a go, is there a Tarot Card section too? I've considered using them buy I have to get myself a deck, and I gotta find put how to use em lol, never even touched a tarot deck before.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Sholeran wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:31 am About a month or two ago, I got a spirit bonding/conjuring pendulum and I'm not sure how to use it. There aren't many clear and concise or step-by-step guides on how to use a pendulum. Plus, I've heard they can be rather unreliable so I'm hesitant to use it to talk to my spirit family. If anyone has any advice on pendulum work or links to any guides/old forum posts on it, I'd greatly appreciate it!!!
It takes about 30-60 days for a pendulum to adjust to your energy and become a reliable tool. So you will need to continue using the pendulum for a while.
I used to ask the pendulum a question each day, "Show me what 'yes' looks like." I did this because the pendulum's direction changed depending on whether it was moving clockwise or counterclockwise. You can also use a pendulum board to get more detailed answers than just yes or no. For example, you can get characters that make up a word, dates, months, numbers and so on.
After a month or two, it's much more reliable and accurate as it only moves in one direction for yes, and the other for no.

I recommend that you use some sort of protection, such as spells, to ensure that your pendulum isn't affected by outside forces. You can also ask your protection spirits to guard it while you are bonding together.
After that, you can ask three questions to pinpoint exactly how you will receive your answers. "Show me what 'yes/no/maybe' looks like."
When you ask your pendulum a question, it should start moving in the direction of the answer. You want to stop the pendulum before you begin the next question. Rinse and repeat.
It's best to answer all of your questions in the form of yes/no answers. You can't ask why or what. So you'll want to be creative when thinking of new questions.

Sadly, I think many new Keepers often skip using their pendulums or don't use them consistently enough to help with the bonding process. So they don't progress quickly into the journey. I think I progressed faster because I used it to talk to my Keep often. I actually own three pendulums now! Lol. I can't live without them!

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Sholeran
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Oh shoot, I definitely need to make sure I use it now. Another thing I was wondering about was whether or not I can ask the pendulum questions telepathically and still receive an answer. Or is it strictly vocally? It's just that the walls in my house are rather thin and I don't want everyone to know what I've taken up, prejudices and such.

Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
Zodiac:

I do believe that setting your intention before a pendulum or tarot reading and simply thinking of your question can still be answered. It does not need to be asked vocally.

For pendulum readings (really any form of divination) it can be helpful to call on your guides at the start of a session and set the intention that only those who come in your highest good may interact with the reading. Warding your pendulum and regularly cleansing it between readings is also useful.

When I first started divination years ago I drew out a pendulum board for myself. It had letters, numbers, days of the week, as well as a section for yes/no/maybe answers. So you’re definitely not limited to just yes/no answers. There’s several pendulum boards that can be bought as well, but I figured it was easier to make it at the time. I even incorporated protective sigils into the design.

Although I do personally prefer tarot cards for any kind of readings.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon

Sholeran wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:07 am Oh shoot, I definitely need to make sure I use it now. Another thing I was wondering about was whether or not I can ask the pendulum questions telepathically and still receive an answer. Or is it strictly vocally? It's just that the walls in my house are rather thin and I don't want everyone to know what I've taken up, prejudices and such.
You can use the pendulum both telepathically and vocally and still receive answers. Be sure to set your intention that only beings in your Keep can interact with you and not unbounds.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Brie
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 4
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I'm still a beginner, myself. But one of the first things I bought to help communication was a pendulum. But the only store that I new of nearby that sold that kind of stuff was this place called 5Below. They only had a Clear Crystal Quartz, so I got that (because I couldn't really drive out any further to go to an occult store or something lol). There were instructions on how to use the pendulum (not sure how accurate it is, but I'll list them out anyways just in case they help someone here)
1) Rinse the pendulum off in cold water for 15-20 seconds to "reset" it, I guess
2) Charge the pendulum in direct sunlight for 2 hours
3) Once that's done, meditate with the pendulum clasped in your hands near your chest for 20 minutes to have it connect with your energy.

Again, not sure how helpful this may be, since it was a really cheap pendulum. Undoubtedly someone will read this and think "hmm, that doesn't sound very legit" but what can I say, I bought the pendulum for 2 bucks because I'm bRoKe :')

I've done some conversations with the pendulum. I first ask a question or two out loud before I actually begin, manly to officially state to whichever spirit I would like to try to communicate with that I'm trying to talk to them. Or, if I don't have a set conversation I want to have, I'll ask for any of my companions to have a chat and will go down the line (ie, "Am I talking to A....am I talking to B...?" that sort of stuff) Until I get a yes answer.

Then the rest of the questions, I ask mentally. But I am trying to get into Tarot Cards, though, for more specific answers

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Sholeran wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:31 am About a month or two ago, I got a spirit bonding/conjuring pendulum and I'm not sure how to use it. There aren't many clear and concise or step-by-step guides on how to use a pendulum. Plus, I've heard they can be rather unreliable so I'm hesitant to use it to talk to my spirit family. If anyone has any advice on pendulum work or links to any guides/old forum posts on it, I'd greatly appreciate it!!!
See viewtopic.php?f=259&t=63512&p=672825&hilit=task#p672825

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Sholeran
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thank you for all the help everyone. Using the pendulum ID kinda tough lol, I try to keep my mind clear but sometimes my pendulum doesn't move a bit. Other I ask the same question and it moves a completely different direction from before. Makes a bit hard to determine what's a "yes" answer and what's a "no" answer. I've cleansed my space a couple times and used the shielding technique in the CH pendulum forum guide, I'm thinking that maybe I'm not calm enough and that I should meditate before I start working with it again. Can't forget to relax and go easy on myself lol.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”