Excerpts from a dream journal

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

The first night my Amarok friend is bound I have a vivid "semi" lucid dream about a zombie apocalypse. I think he has an amusing sense of humor, haha.

I say semi because I was aware and choosing things but not to the extent that has been in other dreams. It was more like video game choices than real life to be honest, but still cool.

Here's what I remember from the dream...

The infection isn't everywhere yet. Zombies are just pooling in from things like trains or cars, it's still pretty new territory. I'm with two friends that I care about greatly. We're driving around in one of their jeep-like cars. It has a sun roof. It also has a stuffed animal from my childhood on the dashboard. Random, but noticable.

We stop at some form of theme park // bank area (don't understand what it actually is) in order to retrieve something I'm unaware of. Possibly immunity shots or just money, who knows. I didn't ever vocalize it in the dream but something tells me that this particular virus wasn't going to around long. Zombies would still be zombies but the bodies themselves would rot quickly and humans could outlive them by just getting a shot and staying hidden for a few months.

So most people were scrambling for that in the "bank" area, while my friends and I were exploring the outside to get back to our car. We run into a man that apparently has beef with us. He tries to threaten them, but since not all of us has a weapon and the man has a shot gun, I'm the only one that manages to stand a chance against him...so I buy time for the others in what would have been a cool moment...except my finger got caught on the trigger and I wound up getting shot near the heart twice.

He left after he assumed I was dead, but my friends had also already left. I dragged myself up an escalator to try and avoid the slow spreading infected and despite slight pain I was numb enough to where I could stand and run.

And I bolted.

At first I went to the bank area thinking they would go that way, but while I caught a glimpse of them earlier I couldn't find them in the crowd. I began following people upstairs thinking that they were tagging along but immediately back tracked as I noticed zombies coming out of that area.

I went out of a back door out of a narrowing escape and booked it to the parking lot where I saw their car running, climbed up onto the hood and knocked on the sun roof to be let in. As far as I could tell, no zombies were out here yet, but I wanted to be safe anyway. When they let me drop in the sun roof was closed and I was able to lay down in their car in peace. Possibly to die, but I woke up before my wounds took their toll on me.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: No name
If I could be anything, I would be...: No name
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Cerium sky dragon consoul
Zodiac:

I love reading about your dreams. They teach me alot. Have you ever died in one of your dreams?

0x. It takes a story to describe a word, and words to tell the story.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Shaddowpumpkin wrote:I love reading about your dreams. They teach me alot. Have you ever died in one of your dreams?
If I had, I don't quite recall it. I've had near death moments (via the above example) and have "passed out" in dreams before, but so far I've never died (to my knowledge at the moment). I think as a child I might've had nightmares where I'd died, but usually in those cases I'd wake before the actual death was shown. Why do you ask?

- Muse
Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I'm not great with words or communication, so if I sound strange, I apologise. If one were to die in a dream via being eaten, but didn't wake up, one could either continue with something that explains it, or start to exceed in some way. Kinda like the dream coming to the realization that it's broken. I find in this that something unusual begins to take place. But theirs alot I need to observe about it still. How one dies also plays a significant role too. And I also have a theory that this could open an individual to a fuller extension of themselves. For me I've only got a few seconds to put things together before I'm put into a much deeper dream. It's not something I hear alot about so I was just curious.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Shaddowpumpkin wrote:I'm not great with words or communication, so if I sound strange, I apologise. If one were to die in a dream via being eaten, but didn't wake up, one could either continue with something that explains it, or start to exceed in some way. Kinda like the dream coming to the realization that it's broken. I find in this that something unusual begins to take place. But theirs alot I need to observe about it still. How one dies also plays a significant role too. And I also have a theory that this could open an individual to a fuller extension of themselves. For me I've only got a few seconds to put things together before I'm put into a much deeper dream. It's not something I hear alot about so I was just curious.
What you wrote sounds pretty vague to be honest. I'm not following, but would love if you could explain your concept in a bit more detail.

- Muse
xytfaith
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: an angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Faith4cool
Zodiac:

hi, I really love to read you dream journals, and you're a really cool person! hope I can read more from you in the future!!!

Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I'd love it if I could pm you about it. As it can get a bit lengthy. But I'm unable to at the moment. I'll try and take another stab at it though it's not as percise. Without leaving a dream, the dream could be forced to recompensate under the right conditions. When that occurs a stronger, deeper meaning, more sub-consious dream can occur. Like such, so dose yourself. It can be harder for people to remember this kind of dream when they wake up. An individuals normal dream rules/abilities can also change. Using such a method may change the nature of the state to something more as an individuals whole, rather than something that's a bit more abstract. Hope this makes sense.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

xytfaith wrote:hi, I really love to read you dream journals, and you're a really cool person! hope I can read more from you in the future!!!
Lol it's just dreams but, sure, thanks, and you're pretty cool yourself!
Shaddowpumpkin wrote:I'd love it if I could pm you about it. As it can get a bit lengthy.
That's exactly what's wanted. Short and precise leaves a lot to be desired. x3

- Muse
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

The dream had started off in war times. There was a small group lead by a Female commander, and they were waiting on the enemy's Dragon so that they could make a trade. The dragon's name was Fallace. The dragon wanted some small bit of precious, rare silk. The group wanted a Lamb or sheep. When the dragon landed, they both dropped their items immediately, and the piece of cloth rested between his eyes as he took off. While the dragon flew, he noticed griffins that were of the enemy team. He swooped down and began to disrupt their flight, but one of them struggled, and he accidentally killed it. He realized that it was an old friend and ran off.

Then the dream cut to a Mansion. I was walking into it, more lucid at this point but still apart of the story. This was the same Mansion that worked with Fallace. A woman was there in a red dress. She guided me to my own room and introduced me to an ogre like woman called Vernone. She was sweet and kind, and would give anything asked for should she be able to find it. I liked her a lot, and considered her a friend.

There were two servants, one of them was flashier than the other. She wanted to learn to be a better Butler like him, and so they played piano together and did a lot of smaller things. They were developing a romantic interest in one another but they probably wouldn't ever admit it.

Vernone slept under a tower, and when she woke up she looked very afraid, as if she was having a flashback. She'd always come too and feel safer, but I felt sorry for the past she must have left behind. Someone in the house explained that she used to be a different person who'd done some terrible things. I saw a glimpse of Vernone's younger years, but nothing of note happened other than noticing she looked very different than now.

Vernone brought us ice cream and cookies and I shared some of mine with a girl who was sitting next to me. Vernone also brought me a broken, sealed nintendo game called Nion-Nion. It was rumored to be very difficult.

I'd woken up sometime after that.

- Muse
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

There was a lot of names of things in the last dream so I did a small amount of research to attempt to put some pieces of the puzzle together...

Firstly, Fallace is a name that seemed to have been short for Fallacy (a misleading argument or belief based on a falsehood). Even in my dream I registered his name as Fallacy, even though he was not called that. It seems that the accidental death of his friend may have something to do with the name as well. A hint of what was to happen in the dream, perhaps?

Nextly, Vernone seemed to be a feminized version of Vernon, which is a masculine name relating to the Alder Tree. The Alder Tree, as google states, is usually regarded as the Goddess tree and it has been associated with several deities or gods in history. There are many symbolism of the alder tree and some of these trees include strength, release, determination, protection, discrimination, confidence, and royalty. It can also mean springlike, flourishing, and full of life.
- source

Vernone being someone who was willingly transformed and seemed to have an unknown power beyond her sweet frame, it makes sense that she would be regarded in this way.

Then there's the game, Nion-Nion, which was a bit more difficult to find meaning behind because I'm not fluent in any other language aside from English. The first thing I noticed was it's relevance to the Irish language. Nion (ᚅ) is the Irish name of the fifth letter (Irish "letter" of the Ogham alphabet, with phonetic value. This letter has multiple associations;

The glossators of the Ogam Tract and the Auraicept na n-Éces seem to refer to at least two Irish words nin, meaning "part of a weaver's loom", and "a wave". The corresponding adjective ninach is glossed as gablach and used as a synonym of cross, and the word seems to be roughly synonymous with gabul "fork, forked branch", and is thus a plausible base for a name for "Ogham letters", which (at least the consonants), look like forks or combs.

The second nin seems to be cognate with Welsh nen "roof, heaven", with a meaning of "loftiness", with an adjective ninach "lofty". The kennings are explained by the glossators that weavers' beams were erected as signs of peace.

The "arboreal" tradition claims the word as ash-tree, concluding that looms were made of ash-wood. In some instances, the association with ash-wood, which is best known as the raw material for spears, the kenning was amended to "destruction of peace", as in the Auraicept:

Nin too is named from a tree, viz., ash, ut dicitur: A "check on peace" is nin, viz., ash, for of it are made the spear-shafts by which the peace is broken: or, A "check on peace" is ash-tree. Nin, that is the fork of a weaver's beam which is made of ash, which is in time of peace raised.

McManus suggests that the word for "forked branch" was also applied to the olive branch, the shaking of which in Irish tradition requested an interruption of a battle. The kennings related to beauty, on the other hand, are perhaps dependent on the second meaning of "lofty".
- Source

I can't derive much deeper meaning but small things to note...

• I was eating the ice cream I was given with a spork instead of a spoon which I later found
• The mansion could be seen as a Sanctuary to both myself and Vernone, which might explain the secondary "Lofty" or "Heaven" context

So, this was an interesting dream for sure. I can't quite see how it all comes together or relates to me personally, but any guesses are always welcome because I love analyzing this type of thing.

- Muse

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”