Howed you learn to fly?

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No name
If I could be anything, I would be...: No name
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Cerium sky dragon consoul
Zodiac:

For alot of people, learning to fly In a dream is pretty common. I've only ever heard of a few ways people learned how to do it. So I'm curious, how'd you learn to fly in your dreams? For me, I started by grabbing an invisible pole or step and manually forcing me up and in different directions. Then it got to where I could jump really high. Though I had a tendency to forget that I was going to fall afterwards. A lot of impacts. Lol. That's how I eventually learned to do it more freely.

0x. It takes a story to describe a word, and words to tell the story.
Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

Well, I don't have lucid dreams, but I fly a lot in my regular dreams. As far as I can remember, flying seemed somehow natural to me. And since I don't have wings (For some weird reason I believe I should have them, but I don't. I remember that as a kid I used to have a pair of nice fur/feathered wings and flew pretty easily), I came with the method that I "Push the Earth away" with some kind of repulsor field or a stream of energy my hands generate, when I point them downwards.

It doesn't work that great though, I can rarely get more then 10-20 meters in the air and if I lose concentration, I sometimes fall right on my face. \:*

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I don't think I've ever flown. I remember having a dream as a child where I had wings and I was hiding and trying to escape some unseen group of people. I'd jump in attempts to fly but for some damn reason I couldn't get off the ground no matter how hard I willed it to happen. That was probably the most trapped I'd felt in a long time. That was my one and only "flight centric" dream that I can personally remember.

Other dreams where I'd overlooked an area or viewed from above I couldn't necessarily call flying...it was more like standing on an invisible surface or being held by something unknown. Flying has always been difficult. So any advice for the day I might have a flying dream again would be nice. :0

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Ferro, have you ever considered useing the force from you hands twice in a row. The second time trying to bounce off the original force itself? I'd image if it was sturdy enough to lift you, then it can be sturdy enough to push on.

Muse, I once had an experience where I was sitting in a parked car, and the car next to me started to back up. Failing to realize that, I thought the car I was in was moving. So I try'd an experiment. In a dream state I attempted to fall off a building, and managed to turn over as I was falling. I then used that perspective to fall twords the sky instead. Maybe not true flying, but it did give me time to figure out how to fall like I was flying. There might be something to this, and it may work different for you. I'm not really able to be conscious/control my dreams. But I did find if I figured something out and attempted to remember it later, I'd remember it in the dream under similar conditions.

Just a thought, I'm very curious, I probably think too much.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Shaddowpumpkin wrote:Muse, I once had an experience where I was sitting in a parked car, and the car next to me started to back up. Failing to realize that, I thought the car I was in was moving. So I try'd an experiment. In a dream state I attempted to fall off a building, and managed to turn over as I was falling. I then used that perspective to fall twords the sky instead. Maybe not true flying, but it did give me time to figure out how to fall like I was flying. There might be something to this, and it may work different for you. I'm not really able to be conscious/control my dreams. But I did find if I figured something out and attempted to remember it later, I'd remember it in the dream under similar conditions.

Just a thought, I'm very curious, I probably think too much.
All the best philosophers think too much. You may very well be onto something unique and effective under the right circumstances. I'll have to try that out next time!

- Muse
Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

Shaddowpumpkin wrote:Ferro, have you ever considered useing the force from you hands twice in a row. The second time trying to bounce off the original force itself? I'd image if it was sturdy enough to lift you, then it can be sturdy enough to push on.
First- those are regular dreams, so I can't affect them with my will. And second- as I understand it, the foce has to be maintained to keep me in the air. The moment I stop emitting the field to try to bounce off it, there would be nothing to bounce off from. The effect would rather be like stopping a proppeler of an aircraft and restarting it again. It won't make you go twice as fast... \:*

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

How about trying to swim? It's basically like flying, but in water.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:How about trying to swim? It's basically like flying, but in water.
Funny as this is...swimming in dreams when lucid is actually REALLY freaking relaxing. So, I'd assume it is actually similar. At least, similar for those who fly and aren't afraid of heights/falling.

- Muse
Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:How about trying to swim? It's basically like flying, but in water.
I actually haven't figured out how to swim yet. Lol. Water is kinda like Jell-O to me. I can't seem to dive into it. I think is be a great experience.

jobzzet
new here
new here
If I could be anything, I would be...: God of the New World
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes

Ferro wrote:Well, I don't have lucid dreams, but I fly a lot in my regular dreams.
Hmm very similiar with me. I rarely lucid dreams but I fly alot in my dreams.

@Shaddowpumpkin
Maybe you can try to fly using method that Clark Kent from Smallville using at his first fly? It's like absorbing air into your location and explode it I think. I tried this but using Neo from Matrix pose when he's about to fly.

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”