Need help becoming lucid

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
darkenVision
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: I dont know
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Vision
Zodiac:

So i learned about lucid dreaming back in October of 19' since then i only reconized i was in a dream...2 times

The first time i remember being like a detective walking into an interrogation room. Now i do forget what exactly made me think it was a dream since this happened in December, but when i said "this is a dream" i felt my body become hot and my hearr started to race with then made me wake up

Now about two weeks ago. I had just accidentally fallen asleep, i remember cleaning (my job is to clean machines that produce meatballs.) One of the parts at work ontop of a building. Thats when i realized that something isn't right. I told myself this is a dream. This time i watched as the dream i was just having move and fade away to the right untill i can literally see my own eyelids. At the same time i kept telling myself to calm down since again, i was getting hot and my heart was racing. I kept my eyes closed the whole time untill i realized i wasn't asleep anymore.

I been doing alot of research, couple of different methods, nothing is exactly working. These two incidents happened by random. When ever i tell myself "i am dreaming" right before i go to bed...it never works out. I tried interrupting my REM by waking up 5/6 hours after i first fall asleep. The. Going back to sleep 30 minutes later....nothing. can someone help me and give some advise on how you became lucid? Thank you ^^

LittleGreenIcon
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I don't know if its a tried and true method, but I wear pyrite to bed. This at least helps me to not fall into the dream and act on autopilot the whole time. Just a thought.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

If you have a day where you can be 'lazy' and have absolutely nothing else planned, you can try that wake-sleep-wake-sleep method repeatedly. It sounds a little insane but it is one way of forcing the lines of awareness to blur until lucidity is almost 100% assured. Just make sure to take care of yourself and readjust your sleep schedule accordingly afterward.
I understand not everyone is capable of this.

Earlier in my development with lucid dreaming I got into the practice of just 'asking' for it prior to sleep. While it seems a bit too easy on the surface, the point is that your Will is going into the concept that asking entrance into the lucid state therefore permits it, and that can hold a very powerful impact on your unconsciousness.
There is a lot of conditioning of this nature you can bring to your consciousness that will absorb itself into the unconscious and so dreaming mind. Telling yourself something will happen can make it so. It takes some mental training to make it actually work as a command, but I'm quite confident many can have success with this concept.

Being able to meditate prior to sleep, moving from a state of meditation into sleep also definitely aids in lucidity.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
darkenVision
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: I dont know
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Vision
Zodiac:

I almost became lucid again last night. I remember picking up a red box (like ritz crackers or something like that) placed it down...the picked it up again only to see it change. Thats when i said im in a dream. A finally got to control my movment but not the scenery before i work up. this is the third time so far. Im happy for the progress but i keep waking up. Is there something im doing wrong? What am i supposed to tell myself once i figure out im in that state. How do i stay asleep

LiveNobody
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

There are a lot of methods to lucid dreaming that I'm sure that you've come across whilst researching but just in case you haven't I'll mention some here. The most common signs of becoming lucid in a dream are looking at your hands (usually you'll have one too many fingers or something odd) hold your nose and try to breathe through it (obviously you'll be able to breathe through it if you're in a dream) pushing your finger into your palm (Haven't been able to test this one but apparently your finger will go through your palm) and looking at a clock, looking away for a few seconds and then looking back at it (the time will change to something completely different). So once you've recognized these signs you need to start using them in your waking life in order to use them when you sleep. Don't just assume that you're not dreaming because you know that your awake, actually use each of these techniques so you develop a habit of doing these reality checks.

I have a timer for every hour from 10am to midnight to remind me to do a reality check, though you'll eventually have to get rid of this as you can't rely on an alarm to go off in your dream to remind you to do a reality check its just a temporary reminder to develop it into a habit. Another idea would be to start a dream journal to notice patterns of what you might dream about and therefore recognize when you're in a dream. Getting a good amount of sleep is essential as well in order to dream in the first place.

Being able to lucid dream at will takes some time, every now and then you might become lucid but even when you're able to become lucid consistently there's still more to learn. How to stabilize your dream to keep yourself asleep, how to control your dreams etc.

Goodluck with lucid dreaming, hope that this information is helpful.

"Even good people are great at makin' bad decisions, yeah (Oh)
They ain't gon' take it serious
You find out pretty quick that life is more than just appearances
I know some things we could avoid to save embarrassment
But everything that breaks you down can also build your character"

~ NF - Nate

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”