I've learned to fight off my nightmares

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
Kaburii
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret

I just posted here, but I figure this is also a topic worthy of talking about. As of some while ago, a particularly horrific individual my mom divorced, went and killed himself. I wasn't hurt by it, just by the pain it caused others. Regardless, that's not the point. After he killed himself, I had nightmares about him. He appeared in my dreams, at first a tame appearance. The first dream, I saw him, and felt entirely self aware suddenly. Fully felt like myself watching the dream around me, rather than a character in the dream. Felt conscious to what was happening. And seeing him, it wasn't right. He shouldn't have been there. He wasn't supposed to be. The self awareness lessened as I became more used to his presence, but I was still more self aware than other, more tame dreams.

In the first dream, he simply came to give my mom in the dream, a message. (Mind you, these were simple dreams, not some sort of afterlife haunting, so don't worry about that). In later dreams, he kept encroaching further and further upon my family, going back to marrying my mom forcefully, her not knowing what to do. Eventually, he became violent in the dreams. And that's where the nightmare phase of the dreams began to happen.
He'd come after my family, weapon in hand. Coming to kill us all.
Curiously, however, in each of these dreams, I fought him back perfectly. Rather than being helpless to the situation, like most of my dreams, this was a nightmare enough that I fought it back. And with ease! He'd always try to kill me as I stopped him from killing my family, and he'd be awful at fighting, while I couldn't be hurt, sometimes couldn't be hit, and was a perfect fighter against him.
One of the nightmares of such that I found most interesting, was one where he was in my family's house, and we were at a stalemate. One of us would strike first, but who, and when? I went past him in the kitchen, got myself a snack, us eyeing each other the whole time. As I walked down some stairs with the snack, he started throwing knives into me. I stood still, letting the knives embed themselves in me. Very loosely embedded, due to the theme of him being incapable of harming me, but still. I headed downstairs, told my brother to call the police, and I went to face him, as he came down the stairs by that point.
He held two large knives to me, and I was defenseless.
As such, I ripped a knife out of each of my shoulders, and dealt with him using those. Felt badass.
Then, his corpse on the ground, I went and sat by my brother's bed, waiting with him and my mother for the police to come deal with things.

Those nightmares have begun to cease, only occasionally happening ever since that dream. Still, that theme in each of my dreams has continued: my traumas can't harm me, I easily fight them off. It hasn't worked to the same extent as those particularly nightmare-like dreams, but to some degree, I can still fight off the traumas in my average dreams.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I had recurring dreams myself with the same unknown male, he kept accusing me of deliberately doing things I have no knowledge of doing-one dream he was accusing me of bringing him into my life, the other he kept accusing me of starting trouble & not doing doing something important-in both dreams this unknown make made an attempt to attack me & in the second on he pinned me down & tried to strangle me, I woke up in extreme fear, I think the only reason why only two was because an issue in my waking life was in the process of being out in the open so only two dreams! I do believe we can fight them off!

:3

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”