For Sellers & Buyers: BIG BROTHER & CHRIS DOOD (oops!) DODD

Pertinent information regarding transacting on eBay
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

The following was just sent to me by a friend of mine, Steve Orr. I am cutting & pasting the whole thing in toto It is very important. My real question (and I have no answer for this & Pye just shakes his head silently: "How do we exorcise the Horrible Living Essence of Fascism out of the American Psyche?" They just don't quit!!!!! Also a hidden background question is: "And where did this Fascist Threat come from?' It sure as h*ll didn't come from the Founding Fathers & MOthers, MArtin van Buren, Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, FDR, Ike, JFK, or LBJ...I am guessing that it is a group fantasy somewhat repressed and with secondary elaboration, of a dream of "the good ole days of Big Money Cotton and Slavery" and I sure as h*ll wasn't a Mississpii Civil Rights Worker in 1964 to see this cr*p........I'm really angry about this...("Gloryoski! Are you Sure? LOL)
Caiyros

<http://www.freedomworks.org/processor/p ... ss_id=2571>

FreedomWorks

June 19, 2008
Senate Housing Bill Requires eBay, Amazon, Google, and All Credit Card Companies to Report Transactions to the Government
Broad, invasive provision touches nearly every aspect of American commerce.
Phone: (202) 942-7698
Email: abrandon@freedomworks.org

Washington, D.C. - Hidden deep in Senator Christopher Dodd's 630-page Senate housing legislation is a sweeping provision that affects the privacy and operation of nearly all of America?s small businesses. The provision, which was added by the bill's managers without debate this week, would require the nation's payment systems to track, aggregate, and report information on nearly every electronic transaction to the federal government.

FreedomWorks Chairman Dick Armey commented: "This is a provision with astonishing reach, and it was slipped into the bill just this week. Not only does it affect nearly every credit card transaction in America, such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express, but the bill specifically targets payment systems like eBay's PayPal, Amazon, and Google Checkout that are used by many small online businesses. The privacy implications for America's small businesses are breathtaking."

"Privacy groups like the Center for Democracy and Technology and small business organizations like the NFIB sharply criticized this idea when it first appeared earlier this year. What is the federal government's purpose with this kind of detailed data? How will this database be secured, and who will have access? Many small proprietors use their Social Security number as their tax ID. How will their privacy be protected? What compliance costs will this impose on businesses? Why is Sen. Chris Dodd putting this provision in a housing bailout bill? The bill also includes the creation of a new national fingerprint registry for mortgage brokers.

"At a time when concerns about both identity theft and government spying are paramount, Congress wants to create a new honey pot of private data that includes Social Security numbers. This bill reduces privacy across America's payment processing systems and treats every American small business or eBay power seller like a criminal on parole by requiring an unprecedented level of reporting to the federal government. This outrageous idea is another reason to delay the housing bailout legislation so that Senators and the public at large have time to examine its full implications."

From the Senate Bill Summary:

Payment Card and Third Party Network Information Reporting. The proposal requires information reporting on payment card and third party network transactions. Payment settlement entities, including merchant acquiring banks and third party settlement organizations, or third party payment facilitators acting on their behalf, will be required to report the annual gross amount of reportable transactions to the IRS and to the participating payee. Reportable transactions include any payment card transaction and any third party network transaction. Participating payees include persons who accept a payment card as payment and third party networks who accept payment from a third party settlement organization in settlement of transactions. A payment card means any card issued pursuant to an agreement or arrangement which provides for standards and mechanisms for settling the transactions. Use of an account number or other indicia associated with a payment card will be treated in the same manner as a payment card. A de minimis exception for transactions of $10,000 or less and 200 transactions or less applies to payments by third party settlement organizations. The proposal applies to returns for calendar years beginning after December 31, 2010. Back-up withholding provisions apply to amounts paid after December 31, 2011. This proposal is estimated to raise $9.802 billion over ten years.

--
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have .0.
happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ ..0
Donor?Black holes are where God divided by zero. Listen to me! We are all- 000
individuals! What if this weren't a hypothetical question?
steveo

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
"Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal" Dave Bowman
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

On a related note - easy web-surfing to find more outrage on this specific topic...
Caiyros

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
Haunted Curiosities
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

This does not surprise me one bit nor should it others.

wwwhauntedcuriositiescom
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

DeeDee wrote:This does not surprise me one bit nor should it others.
It is imperative that we all understand precisely what is going on so that we can create our own natural antibodies for this sort of thing and begin to create for ourselves new, solid ways of thing and dealing with it. The sharing of information is most important.

This was one of the simple but very effective techniques of

L'Ami du Peuple (The Friend of the People)
The Legendary Dr. Jean-Paul Marat

Haunted Curiosities
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I'm going to get into this topic with you but I need to get these sales on first. I have thought much about it last night. The main problem Caiyros and if you think about it you will find I'm right. It is not the old boy network or corruption,it is the people that let it happen with out a revolt.

The last time I worked on a revolt was a very scary experience. This led to many giving up in fear of being jailed. The meetings had plants and we were all watched. Our government is quite the smart ones. Everything is calculated to keep an order of rank.

Rich,poor and middle classes. Middle Class works themselves to death but has a better eduction but can do nothing with it because they are too busy trying to pay the bills to actually have a thought in their heads. Not all,but some. The term Sheeple will always be with me. Get out and get around and you will see what I mean. Not that you don't. I saw this guy at a gas station being pulled over and they were making him walk the line to see if he was drunk. He was not drunk. The police pushed him and went OH it seemed you stumbled! You must be drunk. Then they landed on him beating him. At the time many people watched this. They all knew what was going on and no one said a darn thing. I went up to them and placed them under arrest,citizen arrest and they told me I was going to be arrested. I then said screw you and called the state police. The one lady in the gas station was laughing about it,the <<Removed by Mod>> that she was and everyone else ignored it. People need to be ashamed to be living if that is how things are. But you can bet your ass if it was them it would be OMG look what happened to me! I did not play with those cops,I did place them under arrest. I have rights.

The poor are to busy waiting on the welfare check and living in squaler to even care about anything. They live in fear hiding the boyfirends,pimps and drug pushers to make the extra cash. The drugs come from the government to begin with. Police brutality and arrests are at the highest. Not all are bad but face it,how do you say revenue?

Orsen Wells 1984 is upon us and has been for a long time. We either become complacent or we revolt. Now is the time to do it as most of our military are over seas fighting the oil wars for a few rich fat cats.

Thank you Caiyros for bringing it forward even if you don't agree with all I say. Open debate is education and another view point is always welcome.

wwwhauntedcuriositiescom
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Hey ther Mrs Peel,
We don't really disagree that much and I can remember, Commissioner Frank Rizzo's goon throwing me into jail for 15 hours and then releasing me with no proof I was ever there...why...I had a Mick Jagger hair cut and was peacefully protesting the testing of nuclear weapons..(we were all members of the American Friends Service Committee..."so make an example out of one of those Commie Quakers!")..So yeah.

I do think that studyin the tactics being used at first gives us an advantage as we know what is going on and then later there's that moment when its not just that we can think like them and make predictions , but we have moved even beyond that int a realm where we have developed "Mental Antibodies" - not just in the sense of Pete Townsend's "We'll not be fooled again!" but way beyond that in realm that so far I have seen parts of but cannot yet define.

There are 2 books that deal with this in 2 very different ways and are more important than the classic 1984...we reached that in 1983 when a major recession was totally ignored or Aldous Huxley's Brave New World...we reached that in that period between then time (1990)when legal and highly dangerous pharmaceuticals were (and are being sold) "to reduce stress" and the total marketing of On-going Self-Interruption through Mis-use of Cell Phones and Crackberry's (2005)...

Both Orwell & Huxley were great (although I thought Huxley was more profound....) but now the 2 "Bible-style books" are,
TA-DAAHH!!!!!

SLAN by A. E. VAN VOGT - In the late 1950s, there was a man named Will J. Jenkins, (d. 1964) who hung around with the beat crowd, worked as a railroad dispatcher at the Reading Terminal, influenced both Hal Lynch and Jack McKnight to create the Science Fiction Hugo Award. Bothe Will & Hal were friends of mine and I was deeply involved with Jack's daughter. Both Hal & Jack held Will in the highest respect as do I still. He influenced the whole world of future science fiction. He knew everyone, and always in a humourous way, he was a true zen master. When he died in late summer of 1964, I was mentally & emotionally paralyzed for a month..so I think were others, one guy "A-J" cracked up in Dirty Franks Bar and was lying on the floor screaming, crying, and pounding his fists against the dirty beer soaked linoliuem. Will was a super-super genius, funny as hell, always ready to help and I loved him as a father (my stepfather was trash). One day, Will handed me a copy of Slan which was personally inscribed to him by Van Vogt and simply said, "Read this!" inside the cover next to Van Vogt's inscription, WIll had written "To C-, you're one of 'em! Love Will"

I read the book and was amazed. Several years later, my stepfather found some of my things, including this book, looked at it and in a rage burned the whole lot...It was then I realized the serious side of Will's message.

The second book is:
The SYNDIC by C. M. KORNBLUTH which I discovered in Jack's separated wife's library and she gave it to me when I was sharing a room she rented but was not using, with her daughter. ("Here's a book a friend of mine wrote...see if you like it!)

And for those of us who want to climb Mt Everest on this topic, there's always:
MAGISTER LUDI, THE GLASS BEAD GAME by HERMANN HESSE -where the greatest master of Thinking Itself decides to Live in a ...{well that would be telling!......)

Caiyros

Haunted Curiosities
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Frank Rizzo,been there and done it. I used to work for Greenpeace and Citizen action both grassroots organizations. We were not welcome in many places. I have been tied to cars,trees and the like. It's real scary to do work for Greenpeace in a Republican town,Cinnaminson,Mt. Laurel,just scary. When I worked for Amnesty International I truly enjoyed it but often wondered about some of the prisoners. Greenpeace I loved,6th and Catherine streets,not sure if it is still there or not. Citizen action was as bad as what they "said" they were trying to prevent. A facist organization all the way no better then the politicians they were trying to lobby. All they did was take money and got no where with it. I came to think it was a hidden government organization that claimed they were bipartisan when they were not. When I started to question the ethics of the group I was told to shut up. Of course telling me to shut up was not on my agenda. I was working with my best friend a law school student at the time in Rutgers. They did not like him once they found out. The group had remains of the hippies trying to make a difference but it just wasn't going to happen there. When I tried to open their eyes to the delusion I was told to quietly leave.

Quietly never happened.

I worked for Greenpeace at the time the Rainbow warrior was hit by the military for being in international waters. They were trying to stop bomb tests. When we would get back we would hit the German bar at the end of south street and have a few drinks and shepards pie. We always were arrested or harrassed when we left. Well I have to go again and get this shipping done as I have no shipper next week. She will not be here.

Have a great day everyone.

wwwhauntedcuriositiescom
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I lived at 4th & Catherine....in a muse...one of those colonial alleys. Cleaned the garbage out and it was really nice.
My cousin Joe Allan was the guy who managed to finance (from his Grateful Dead 'Roadie" money) an old freighter that they then somehow sailed out into international waters and rammed a Japanese freighter that was scooping up all the baby fish. This was a while ago late '70s...

Caiyros

Return to “For eBay Sellers”