Book about ~ Spirit summoning ~ Need your feedback

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamp and djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Jezebelle
Zodiac:

Terror Misu wrote:
jezebelle85 wrote:
Terror Misu wrote:To be perfectly honest with you, anything that you're going to find off Amazon or at Barnes & Noble is gonna just be a slice of the real thing and what has been filtered, watered down, or diluted to an extent. Most spiritual, esoteric traditions and educational systems are closely guarded and passed from one generation to the next, from mentor to mentee.

Maybe try this, and this is just what I would do: put the intent out there that you'd like to attract a mentor. Perhaps do some type of spell. You'd be surprised: if it's right for you, s/he will materialize (It happened to me) though it took a LONG time for me to realize I had one because I only thought of mine as a friend and he never claimed to be a mentor. Anyone who claims that title and/or claims they're a guru is driven by ego and not someone you should entrust with you spiritual development.

My last suggestion is to comb a used bookstore and look through the metaphysics section. You'll find some really amazing gems once in awhile, stuff that wasn't widely circulated. Again, not something you'd find vastly disseminated on Amazon.

I would absolutely LOVE a personal teacher. But the problem is .. I never go out. Don't know where to find them except on this forum. How did you meet your teacher? Tell me about it...
I feel your pain. I know it's frustrating. I wish I had a better answer for you because it's more about patience and the laws of attraction... I don't see any harm in reading books and figuring out which systems might appeal to you (I tried this years ago and realized I was too A.D.D. and unfocused :daze: ). I'd go with the used bookstore route before using Amazon. Like I said, you want information to be as unfiltered as possible and a lot of times these books aren't widely circulated... if you want it bad enough, I don't see why you couldn't attract a mentor.
Well second handstores are a big no no. Why? Because dutch books on magic aren't that popular. To be honest, there arent so many translations. Because dutch isn't a 'world language' as english is. It wouldnt sell. So I have to find a foreign bookstore... great... more searchinh to do pfff ... going nuts here ...

I wanne have a teacher I wanne have a teacher I wanne have a teacher I wanne have a teacher I wanne have a teacher ... do you think when I say it that many time I will attract one? *think positive Jezebelle, positive!*

Never regret anything, because at one time... it was exactly what you wanted
jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

But amazon.uk sells second hand books also... so... it would be second handed but from the internet. Does that count?

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
Zodiac:

My opinion is that you don't have anything to loose by reading whatever you can find on the subject. Don't try to practice whatever you read at first,but read the titles that you found interesting or what other members have to recommend. That way you will have an idea of the different systems and a point of reference when you discuss that matter with others. About finding a mentor,if you have wish granting spirits you can make a wish that you find the perfect mentor ;) If it's the right time for this to happen I don't see why it shouldn't. Just be open a patient. They say the teacher appears when the student is ready.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

-arianna- wrote:My opinion is that you don't have anything to loose by reading whatever you can find on the subject. Don't try to practice whatever you read at first,but read the titles that you found interesting or what other members have to recommend. That way you will have an idea of the different systems and a point of reference when you discuss that matter with others. About finding a mentor,if you have wish granting spirits you can make a wish that you find the perfect mentor ;) If it's the right time for this to happen I don't see why it shouldn't. Just be open a patient. They say the teacher appears when the student is ready.

Maybe thats true... but I was always very inpatient, forgive me :pray:
But I do know is that I really really want to learn. And maybe the books don't reveal everything, they cover the basics I think. So I hope to gain some wisdom though. And ofcourse I will 'taste' different systems. How can I learn whats best for me if I don't know?
But I do wish for a good mentor though... but when the time is perfect ...

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

jezebelle85 wrote:But amazon.uk sells second hand books also... so... it would be second handed but from the internet. Does that count?
I apologize for a brief semi-hijacking of site, but it is relevant....

My (media for sale site - books and all other media forms) - AmunCine (pronounced Ah moon Cin ay) will be selling both never-before-published and rare and out-of-print AND unremembered books on these subject...and we are opening this site (also found in "the Mother Ship" site Leautremont Mars) in about 6 weeks...our initial offering will be about 30 titles....

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

CaiyrosArlenLeStrang wrote:
jezebelle85 wrote:But amazon.uk sells second hand books also... so... it would be second handed but from the internet. Does that count?
I apologize for a brief semi-hijacking of site, but it is relevant....

My (media for sale site - books and all other media forms) - AmunCine (pronounced Ah moon Cin ay) will be selling both never-before-published and rare and out-of-print AND unremembered books on these subject...and we are opening this site (also found in "the Mother Ship" site Leautremont Mars) in about 6 weeks...our initial offering will be about 30 titles....

Caiyros

Ow thats wonderfull!!! What are the prize range?

Return to “Books & Literature”