Archon by Sabrina Benulis (A MUST READ)

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
sologrl
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamps
If I could be anything, I would be...: valkyrie
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Archon By Sabrina Benulis

For those who love angels and/or demons, this is a book for you. I came across it in Barnes and nobles the other day. I picked it up and could not put it back down. It is a fabulous read. The author sets up the story where you do not know who is good or bad and who has a hidden agenda. The angels in it can be just as unusually cruel as the demons and while the demons can be as gentle and caring as the angels. They are described wonderfully and Benulis sets up a story where it is realistic. Since we have a better knowledge of spirits, it is easier to relate to this book. For example, the Arch angel in this book is living (of course) but has his own agenda and cannot be controlled by a mortal but willing to play the game but you do not know if he is good or evil unlike the spirits in the novel. It is a mixture race of angels/demons/faes/jinn and of course humans! :D its a refreshing change if anyone wants something different than what is out there. It is definitely a darker novel so do not except happiness and sunshine because it is based around an almost Apocalypse. :)

Here is a link where you can read an excerpt :
http://www.harpercollins.com/browseinsi ... 0062069405

Here is the book's description:
There are some things worse than death . . .

For years, Angela Mathers has been plagued by visions of a supernatural being—an angel with beguiling eyes and magnificent wings who haunts her thoughts and seduces her dreams. Newly freed from a mental institution where she had been locked away for two years, Angela hopes that attending Westwood Academy, the Vatican’s exclusive university, will bring her peace and a semblance of normality.

But Angela isn’t normal. With her stain of dark red hair and alabaster skin, she is a blood head—a freak, a monster, and the possible fulfillment of a terrifying prophecy. Blessed with strange, mystical powers, blood heads hold a special place in the Academy. Among them, one special blood head is more powerful than them all: the Archon, the human reincarnation of the dead angel Raziel. And when the Archon arises as foretold, it will rule the supernatural universe.

Barely in control of her own life, Angela has no ambition to conquer an entire universe, not when she’s suddenly contending with a dangerous enemy who is determined to destroy her and a magnetic novitiate who wants to save her. But the choice might not be her own . . .

Torn between mortal love and angelic obsession, the young blood head must soon face the truth about herself and her world. It is she who holds the key to Heaven and Hell—and both will stop at nothing to possess her.

In Archon, Sabrina Benulis has created a dazzlingly imaginative tale set in a lush, vivid supernatural world filled with gargoyles and candlelight, magic and murder, in which humans, angels, demons, and those in between battle for supremacy—and survival.

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Glad you posted; I'm getting this!

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
edsphinx
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: edsphinx
Zodiac:

Interesting history and the next book is coming so will get a copy of it, thank you very much for the recommendation.

Dark Blessings,
edsphinx
Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Wisp
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Proud spiritual brother of Yllektmas
Zodiac:

I started reading this one 6 months ago but got sidelined in my personal reading by school.
May have to pick it back up again soon. Think my DTA might appreciate it, or at least be intrigued to read it with me....maybe to make fun of, who knows :P

Endy

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Everything I write I have lived;
Everything I write is an implication
Of that which I have not..."
- P. M.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W. B. Yeats

Return to “Books & Literature”