The Uninvited: The True Story of the Union Screaming House

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

Merchendiver was kind enough to send along The Uninvited: The True Story of the Union Screaming House by Steven LaChance to me. It's been a while since I have encountered a book that I couldn't put down. In all honesty, I picked the book up last night and didn't even put it down until I was finished. The best part was that I had been so tired I had planned on going to sleep, but that didn't happen. The story was an interesting one indeed. My spirit family was rather active while I was reading it and I was wondering if anyone else had had the time to read it or had heard about it and had any thoughts about it?

Merch
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

I am glad you enjoyed it!!!!

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I enjoyed it very much. Little creepy with the darn clown. I am just confused as to why my gang got anxious.

SmokeyRose
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon / Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I think I read that book a few years ago. I personally would like to check out the energy of the place, however at the same time I don't really want to set foot on the property. I would have also gotten really sick of the people going to investigate so they can try to help and never getting any real info from them or any help. :irked: In the end I would have most likely moved out too. Granted I would have fought for it, but there's just something about the house from the book that seemed wrong to me.

Before I found the book I read the shorter version online somewhere, and even then I got a 'somethings wrong' kinda sense. The spirits with me at the time seemed to be anxious too. Otherwise I'm not sure how true the story is, or what happened to the house after, if it is true. (Or the people living in it) Honestly, I kinda hope it isn't a true story for the simple fact of whats going to happen to the people/animals living there.

˙uıɥʇıʍ ʇɥƃıl ɐ sı ǝɹǝɥʇ ɟı ʎluo pǝlɐǝʌǝɹ sı ʎʇnɐǝq ǝnɹʇ ɹıǝɥʇ uı sʇǝs ssǝuʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ ʇnq 'ʇno sı uns ǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ ǝuıɥs puɐ ǝlʞɹɐds ʎǝɥʇ :sʍopuıʍ ssɐlƃ pǝuıɐʇs ǝʞıl ǝɹɐ ǝldoǝd
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

SmokeyRose wrote:I think I read that book a few years ago. I personally would like to check out the energy of the place, however at the same time I don't really want to set foot on the property. I would have also gotten really sick of the people going to investigate so they can try to help and never getting any real info from them or any help. :irked: In the end I would have most likely moved out too. Granted I would have fought for it, but there's just something about the house from the book that seemed wrong to me.

Before I found the book I read the shorter version online somewhere, and even then I got a 'somethings wrong' kinda sense. The spirits with me at the time seemed to be anxious too. Otherwise I'm not sure how true the story is, or what happened to the house after, if it is true. (Or the people living in it) Honestly, I kinda hope it isn't a true story for the simple fact of whats going to happen to the people/animals living there.
I was stuck at the hotel I work at the night I read the book. We were in the middle of a snow storm and I couldn't put the darn thing down. One thing I did notice was that some of my spirit family that follow me everywhere started to get very antsy when I was reading it. It was a definitely a strange reaction from them. I would very much like to step foot in that house and have a feel for it myself.

SmokeyRose
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I wonder why they acted like that, let alone the not wanting to stop reading it. :think: I hadn't remembered until you said something but I didn't want to put the book down either. Neither did a friend of mine who read it too.

So now I wonder if anyone else had read the book, and had the same experiences.
(I'm also apparently not the thread killer I thought I was)

˙uıɥʇıʍ ʇɥƃıl ɐ sı ǝɹǝɥʇ ɟı ʎluo pǝlɐǝʌǝɹ sı ʎʇnɐǝq ǝnɹʇ ɹıǝɥʇ uı sʇǝs ssǝuʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ ʇnq 'ʇno sı uns ǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ ǝuıɥs puɐ ǝlʞɹɐds ʎǝɥʇ :sʍopuıʍ ssɐlƃ pǝuıɐʇs ǝʞıl ǝɹɐ ǝldoǝd
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

SmokeyRose wrote:I wonder why they acted like that, let alone the not wanting to stop reading it. :think: I hadn't remembered until you said something but I didn't want to put the book down either. Neither did a friend of mine who read it too.

So now I wonder if anyone else had read the book, and had the same experiences.
(I'm also apparently not the thread killer I thought I was)
:lol: No, you aren't the thread killer you thought you were. I just haven't been very active in the past month or so. Way too many video games and running over samurai while on horse-back...

Anyway, I am curious to know as well if other people had had the same problem with putting the book down. Like I said, I read it while I was stuck at my place of work. It only took a few hours to get through the entire thing. Usually I squirm a lot and am always trying to get comfortable when stuck in one spot, but I just laid there there entire time flipping through page after page.

SmokeyRose
new here
new here
Zodiac:

That's a relief. Those poor samurai will have nightmares for the rest of their lives. :silly:
When I was reading it I was in school so I had to put it down, but it was on my mind for the rest of the day until I could read it again. I kept glancing at it every once in a while in class too. :lol:
Talking about it kinda makes me want to read it again...

Return to “Books & Literature”