Books I Kind Of Want To Read

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

Edited: I accidentally click submit somehow. Oops!

I have books I kind of want to read and saw online. So here's the list.

List
The Necronomican by Simon

The Dragon Keeper’s Handbook by Shawn MacKenzie

The Green Witch by Arin Murphy-Hiscock

Buckland’s Book of Spirit Communications by Raymond Buckland

Wicca: A Modern Guide to Witchcraft and Magick by Harmony Nice

Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes by Edith Hamilton

I Don't Want To Be An Empath Anymore by Ora North

That's pretty much the books I kind of want to get. If you guys have any recommendations of books I should read or books you're reading now, do tell.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

These are some of the books on my reading list too! :) I started reading Buckland's book of spirit communications by Raymond Buckland, and it's really nice. I start a lot of things and don't finish most though, so I stopped at 2/4 of the book lol.

What are other books you have already read so far? (In connection to magick, spirituality, and spirits) I'm curious to know.

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

chemtrailchild wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:00 pm These are some of the books on my reading list too! :) I started reading Buckland's book of spirit communications by Raymond Buckland, and it's really nice. I start a lot of things and don't finish most though, so I stopped at 2/4 of the book lol.

What are other books you have already read so far? (In connection to magick, spirituality, and spirits) I'm curious to know.
Honestly? The only book I've read so far is Spirit Keeping: A Guide for Spirit Keepers by Ash & Magnolia West. And I don't think this forum count. :p)

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to read more and expand my knowledge on certain topics.

What books do you have in your collection? I'm kind of curious.

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

JenNeutral wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:08 am Honestly? The only book I've read so far is Spirit Keeping: A Guide for Spirit Keepers by Ash & Magnolia West. And I don't think this forum count. :p)

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to read more and expand my knowledge on certain topics.

The CH spirit keeping book was the first book I've ever got on the topic of spirit keeping.

My gosh, I have a ton........
Salvation army has books for so cheap, 10 cents a book where I'm at, so I hoard too many.

I also go on Libgen. My friends use the site to get textbooks/books for their essays for college. They have a ton of books you can download on your computer for free. You always wanna be careful with the downloads though incase that file has a virus on it or something. I always try to find the pdf version of the book they have on there instead of directly downloading. Although, I have downloaded a ton at the same time and haven't gotten any viruses. It's generally safe, but you know, still gotta be careful when downloading anything.

this is the one I use. http://gen.lib.rus.ec/

Anyways, these are some of the books I have. I'm totally not going to get everything down because I can't keep full track but I'll try.
Sorry the image is blurry. You might have to open it in a new tab and zoom in.

Other books I have are
Convoluted universe - dolores cannon
The convoluted universe book two- dolores cannon
custodians - dolores cannon
And the Truth Shall Set You Free - david icke
deepak chopra - the 13th disciple as well as a bunch of other books from him like the path to love and the book of secrets
the power of now - eckhart tolle
books from wayne w. dyer
bhagavad gita
The Great Cosmic Mother: Rediscovering the Religion of the Earth - Monica Sjoo !!!!
the alchemist - paulo coelho
The secret teachings of all ages - manly p. hall
discovering your soul signature - pinache desai
tantra for westerners - francis king
the secret- rhonda byrne
the four agreements - miguel ruiz

I used to be an avid reader, but now I just scarcely read. Don't be fooled, I haven't read 60-70% of the books I have. And the ones I have, probably not to the very end. I get too caught up in annotations. I'd like to start up again though. Books are like the fruit of the earth.

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

Just so you know, anything by Shawn Mackenzie, despite being published by Llewellyn, is from a fictional standpoint and is more of a creative "if dragons were real biological creatures" hypothetical thing, and would appeal more to the Dragonolgy crowd than anyone looking to work with dragons spiritually/magically. It's a fun read, don't get me wrong, but has little instructional value if that's what you're looking for. Unfortunately, any instructional tomes on dragons leave a lot to be desired; D.J. Conway has three books on (heavily wiccan) dragon magic that I have a ton of problems with, but can be used as a stepping stone or rough outline for forming your own draconic path. Just get the first one if interested, the other two are inconsequential. There are a handful of other books on the market, but of the ones I've read, sadly none of them much better.

http://english.grimoar.cz/ is a good collection of occult PDFs. Sacred-texts.com is another good place to check out.

Some of my personal favorites are some of the foundational chaos magick texts, "Liber Null and Psychonaut" by Peter Carroll and "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson.

If you want metaphysical properties of crystals, Melody's massive "Love is in the Earth" is pretty expansive, and Judy Hall is also rather popular.

... I need to unbury one of my bookshelves. >.>

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

AlexCzernosech wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:26 am Just so you know, anything by Shawn Mackenzie, despite being published by Llewellyn, is from a fictional standpoint and is more of a creative "if dragons were real biological creatures" hypothetical thing, and would appeal more to the Dragonolgy crowd than anyone looking to work with dragons spiritually/magically. It's a fun read, don't get me wrong, but has little instructional value if that's what you're looking for. Unfortunately, any instructional tomes on dragons leave a lot to be desired; D.J. Conway has three books on (heavily wiccan) dragon magic that I have a ton of problems with, but can be used as a stepping stone or rough outline for forming your own draconic path. Just get the first one if interested, the other two are inconsequential. There are a handful of other books on the market, but of the ones I've read, sadly none of them much better.

http://english.grimoar.cz/ is a good collection of occult PDFs. Sacred-texts.com is another good place to check out.

Some of my personal favorites are some of the foundational chaos magick texts, "Liber Null and Psychonaut" by Peter Carroll and "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson.

If you want metaphysical properties of crystals, Melody's massive "Love is in the Earth" is pretty expansive, and Judy Hall is also rather popular.

... I need to unbury one of my bookshelves. >.>
That was what I was kind of expecting. I kind of want to read it out of entertainment more than for information. And I want to read it with my Silver Dragon, ’M’, to see his opinion about this book. I feel like he might not agree with a lot of them though.

And thank you for the link! I will check some of the books you recommended. :)

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

chemtrailchild wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:50 am
JenNeutral wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:08 am Honestly? The only book I've read so far is Spirit Keeping: A Guide for Spirit Keepers by Ash & Magnolia West. And I don't think this forum count. :p)

The CH spirit keeping book was the first book I've ever got on the topic of spirit keeping.

My gosh, I have a ton........
Salvation army has books for so cheap, 10 cents a book where I'm at, so I hoard too many.

I also go on Libgen. My friends use the site to get textbooks/books for their essays for college. They have a ton of books you can download on your computer for free. You always wanna be careful with the downloads though incase that file has a virus on it or something. I always try to find the pdf version of the book they have on there instead of directly downloading. Although, I have downloaded a ton at the same time and haven't gotten any viruses. It's generally safe, but you know, still gotta be careful when downloading anything.

this is the one I use. http://gen.lib.rus.ec/

Anyways, these are some of the books I have. I'm totally not going to get everything down because I can't keep full track but I'll try.
Sorry the image is blurry. You might have to open it in a new tab and zoom in.

Other books I have are
Convoluted universe - dolores cannon
The convoluted universe book two- dolores cannon
custodians - dolores cannon
And the Truth Shall Set You Free - david icke
deepak chopra - the 13th disciple as well as a bunch of other books from him like the path to love and the book of secrets
the power of now - eckhart tolle
books from wayne w. dyer
bhagavad gita
The Great Cosmic Mother: Rediscovering the Religion of the Earth - Monica Sjoo !!!!
the alchemist - paulo coelho
The secret teachings of all ages - manly p. hall
discovering your soul signature - pinache desai
tantra for westerners - francis king
the secret- rhonda byrne
the four agreements - miguel ruiz

I used to be an avid reader, but now I just scarcely read. Don't be fooled, I haven't read 60-70% of the books I have. And the ones I have, probably not to the very end. I get too caught up in annotations. I'd like to start up again though. Books are like the fruit of the earth.
That's a lot of books! My goodness. But 10 cent though. That's pretty cheap. You're so lucky. :*)*

You don't read much anymore? Why is that?

chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I'm slowly starting up reading again + learning to be and love with all things I used to enjoy.

I lost interest in absolutely everything, down to even getting myself out of bed because of a very low cycle in my depression. I've struggled with it all my life, but I was especially stationary in the past 3 years. I mean I really didn't let myself open my eyes even after I woke up and slept as much of my day away as I could until someone caught me or called me out to do something for them.

I've been reprogramming my mindset every day and resetting my habits in efforts to get back to a normal pace of things. I've managed to actually pick myself this year and am now living better. Especially now that I have left the toxic and destructive environment that was my family and home.

I was made felt like enjoyment and doing any activity out of joy was wasteful and that every single one of my actions could only go to something that would "benefit" my life. Very oppressive mentalities were pressed onto me from my mother, which she internalized because of her experience growing up in USSR era Russia and the culture there. We left my father earlier in my childhood too because he was the same kind of abusive force, growing up with oppressive and destructive mentalities he derived from certain ideals and standards in Armenian and Arab cultures he grew up with too. I had to choose between one of my parents because I was a minor.

I felt shame and guilt in engaging in any activity that wasn't robotic work. Reading my favorite supernatural fiction books, my spiritual books, surfing the web for informational reads and documentaries, drawing, singing, playing instruments, etc. I felt uncomfortable doing anything remotely for leisure or pleasure. I was left to solely focus on "responsibilities" on "responsibilities" and more "responsibilities" until I couldn't do anything any longer.

Spirits played a big part in my happiness by influencing me in the background to engage in my interests again and to slowly allow myself to have comfort. Through more and more engagement and exposure to those activities, my days were getting better and I realized that happiness is comfort. This is now how I cultivate happiness in my life again.
...and why I stopped reading.
LMFAO

(I know this is way more of complex reasoning than someone would think for such a simple situation, my apologies if this is too much hehe. I know by posting this publicly that others may resonate and not feel alone, so I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone. That saying is so weird but anyways, thanks for hearing me vent.)

Some Spirits in My Keep:
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

chemtrailchild wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:50 pm I'm slowly starting up reading again + learning to be and love with all things I used to enjoy.

I lost interest in absolutely everything, down to even getting myself out of bed because of a very low cycle in my depression. I've struggled with it all my life, but I was especially stationary in the past 3 years. I mean I really didn't let myself open my eyes even after I woke up and slept as much of my day away as I could until someone caught me or called me out to do something for them.

I've been reprogramming my mindset every day and resetting my habits in efforts to get back to a normal pace of things. I've managed to actually pick myself this year and am now living better. Especially now that I have left the toxic and destructive environment that was my family and home.

I was made felt like enjoyment and doing any activity out of joy was wasteful and that every single one of my actions could only go to something that would "benefit" my life. Very oppressive mentalities were pressed onto me from my mother, which she internalized because of her experience growing up in USSR era Russia and the culture there. We left my father earlier in my childhood too because he was the same kind of abusive force, growing up with oppressive and destructive mentalities he derived from certain ideals and standards in Armenian and Arab cultures he grew up with too. I had to choose between one of my parents because I was a minor.

I felt shame and guilt in engaging in any activity that wasn't robotic work. Reading my favorite supernatural fiction books, my spiritual books, surfing the web for informational reads and documentaries, drawing, singing, playing instruments, etc. I felt uncomfortable doing anything remotely for leisure or pleasure. I was left to solely focus on "responsibilities" on "responsibilities" and more "responsibilities" until I couldn't do anything any longer.

Spirits played a big part in my happiness by influencing me in the background to engage in my interests again and to slowly allow myself to have comfort. Through more and more engagement and exposure to those activities, my days were getting better and I realized that happiness is comfort. This is now how I cultivate happiness in my life again.
...and why I stopped reading.
LMFAO

(I know this is way more of complex reasoning than someone would think for such a simple situation, my apologies if this is too much hehe. I know by posting this publicly that others may resonate and not feel alone, so I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone. That saying is so weird but anyways, thanks for hearing me vent.)
Oh, gosh. I’m sorry you have to experience that. That must really sucks. But I’m happy you’re getting better. :)

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

So, I should probably put it here; I decided to get the Encyclopedia of Spirits by Judika Illes out of curiosity.

Return to “Books & Literature”