Doppelgänger

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I interact with my doppelganger often, and it helps with all of my work. So I'd recommend it to any of you as well, and don't buy into the belief that your doppelganger is instantly deadly.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Doomguy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pinhead Larry
My magical/paranormal name...: Elysis
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote:I interact with my doppelganger often, and it helps with all of my work. So I'd recommend it to any of you as well, and don't buy into the belief that your doppelganger is instantly deadly.

What if its just as deadly as I am?

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy.
But you. You will be worse.
Rip and tear, until it is done."
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Doomguy wrote:

Doppelgangers are usually, in my experience anyway, more of a yin to our yang or yang to our yin. They can be extremely similar with some traits but coming from the 'reflective perspective' or a 'mirror' where things are a little backward or otherwise showcasing the traits of ourselves that are not as overt. SO to give you a practical answer, lol, your doppelganger may be as deadly as you but more cultivated in that they know better how to apply that fatality. There you go. (:

Mine likes things I didn't realized I liked, for instance. Mine resonates more to Summer while I am a Winter baby, although I have to admit there are things I like about the Summer but that isn't overt with me. Mine is bolder in some ways than I am even though I often have very bold ideas and don't act upon all of them. It's 'you' but from another perspective of 'you'. Which is part of why it's so fascinating to work with one, and also to engage the doppelganger of others.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I had a doppelganger for a while now, but haven't interacted with mine much. Though I don't fear mine is what I'm getting at.

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote:
Doomguy wrote:

Doppelgangers are usually, in my experience anyway, more of a yin to our yang or yang to our yin. They can be extremely similar with some traits but coming from the 'reflective perspective' or a 'mirror' where things are a little backward or otherwise showcasing the traits of ourselves that are not as overt. SO to give you a practical answer, lol, your doppelganger may be as deadly as you but more cultivated in that they know better how to apply that fatality. There you go. (:

Mine likes things I didn't realized I liked, for instance. Mine resonates more to Summer while I am a Winter baby, although I have to admit there are things I like about the Summer but that isn't overt with me. Mine is bolder in some ways than I am even though I often have very bold ideas and don't act upon all of them. It's 'you' but from another perspective of 'you'. Which is part of why it's so fascinating to work with one, and also to engage the doppelganger of others.
This is fascinating. I'm not super familiar with the concept, is the Doppelgänger usually a spirit or something found on the astral?

Syrah
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

In folklore, arabs believe each person has 40 look alike. We say “God creates forty people who look the same.” when we see someone who looks like another person. We say it dramatically too lol

In religion, there’s the concept of “Qareen”. The definition may vary from one source to another. A Qareen is a djinn who looks like their human, each human is believed to have a Qareen from birth till death. The Qareen’s job is to force their human to sin.

There’s this folk belief that seeing your Qareen means you will die as his job of corrupting you is done and now you shall die and move on. This is the closest thing to the Doppelgangers concept, I think.

Angels and djinn are believed to shape shift. People believe God can send angels disguised as humans to save the pious or whomever calls to him faithfully.
AA Gabriel shapeshifted once to resemble a man known for being handsome, and because of this people believe angels are capable of shapeshifting just like djinns.

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

The CH Doppelganger binding (I have one) is different from the other 2 types of "doppelganger" people talk about. Vipera's description above matches what the CH Doppelganger binding is like.

Lookalikes...I've also had the eerie thing of being told by strangers that I look just like someone they know well, when at the time I looked very different from most people and genuinely had myself never yet seen anyone looking quite like me.

Once, walking back home after a night out, I kind of 'saw' my energetic other self on the other side of the road walking off to have the night out I'd just returned from. Eerie. Made me think I saw my doppleganger, in the loose sense of the word.

And there was a great film starring Roger Moore https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_W ... d_Himself And there's Jekyll & Hyde. It's a fascinating topic. I think it's because those kind of tales are a way for people to grapple with our favourite topic - understanding ourselves.

Bi-location is a distinctly different phenomenon of course, as is shapeshifting.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Syrah
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I found this on Lilith’s Treasure Traven website:
You will get your spiritual doppelganger bound for you. This will be custom for each buyer as you can see.

A doppelganger is your spirit double, it looks like you , acts like you and basically is you on a spirit level, according to legend to meet your doppelganger in real life means you are going to die. But this part will get removed during the binding so I can assure you there will be NO harm to the buyer. And it`s safe to bring in your spiritual twin in your life. :)

It is said a doppelganger is a ghostly double of a living person that haunts its living counterpart. In fiction and folklore, a doppelgänger (German for look-alike, literally a "double goer") is a paranormal double of a living person. It also describes the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection. Doppelgängers often are perceived as a sinister form of bilocation and are regarded by some to be harbingers of bad luck. But as I said none of that will happen with this binding.
How different is it from CH Doppelganger binding?

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.
Tokala
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

Syrah wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:32 am I found this on Lilith’s Treasure Traven website:
You will get your spiritual doppelganger bound for you. This will be custom for each buyer as you can see.

A doppelganger is your spirit double, it looks like you , acts like you and basically is you on a spirit level, according to legend to meet your doppelganger in real life means you are going to die. But this part will get removed during the binding so I can assure you there will be NO harm to the buyer. And it`s safe to bring in your spiritual twin in your life. :)

It is said a doppelganger is a ghostly double of a living person that haunts its living counterpart. In fiction and folklore, a doppelgänger (German for look-alike, literally a "double goer") is a paranormal double of a living person. It also describes the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection. Doppelgängers often are perceived as a sinister form of bilocation and are regarded by some to be harbingers of bad luck. But as I said none of that will happen with this binding.
How different is it from CH Doppelganger binding?
I'm curious about this too.

Anyone else have any experiences with the binding?

Return to “Folklore & Legends”